Summarized Marriage Contract of Jacobjen Jelles and Jacob Willems in Farmsum, Registered on October 8, 1733:
- Appeared: the honourable Jacob Willems as bridegroom and the young woman Jacobjen Jelles as bride and the present friends.
- First: everybody is satisfied with all the goods which the bridegroom and bride bring in this marriage.
- Second: Children coming from this marriage will be equal as heirs and will get the rights of representation in the future inheritances.
- Third: When the Bridegroom will die before the Bride, without leaving children, the Bride will inherite eternal from the bridegrooms goods 300 caroli guilders.
- Fourth: Dito if the Bride will die before the Bridegroom, the Bridegroom will inherit also 300 caroli guilders.
- Witnesses at the bridegrooms side:
- The church warden Willem Ockes as father.
- Ocke Willems and Eenrick Jans, married people, as brother and sister-in-law.
- Berent Remkes and Diewer Willems, married people, as brother-in-law and full sister.
- Derk Ockes as uncle.
- Witnesses at the brides side:
- Gerrijt Fockes as her "principal" guardian [*Note A.G.: In these days Jacobjen Jelles was 23 years old and under-aged].
- Jacob Allers as family guardian and uncle by his marriage, together with his wife Gepke Roelfs, as [*full] aunt.
- Eppe Eppes, as second and "distant" guardian.
- Aaltjen and Stijnje Jelles as sisters.
- Made and sealed on October 8, 1733 in Farmsum, Mr. H. Helperi.
Transcription: Albert Geurink.
Date: Wensday, February 16, 2005.
This page was last updated Tuesday, 26-Jul-2005 13:13:44 CDT.
Graphics by Lynn Waterman, ©2004, 2005