Robert's Rules of Order Revised
Table of Contents
- Order of Precedence of Motions. (OPM)
- Table of Rules Relating to Motions. (TRM)
- Preface. (PRE)
- Introduction. (INT)
- Parliamentary Law (PAR)
- Plan of the Work (WRK)
- Definitions (DEF)
- Part I.- Rules of Order.
- Art. I.- How Business is Conducted in
- 1. Introduction of Business
- 2. What Precedes Debate
- 3. Obtaining the Floor
- 4. Motions and Resolutions
- 5. Seconding Motions
- 6. Stating the Question
- 7. Debate
- 8. Secondary Motions
- 9. Putting the Question and Announcing the
- 10. Proper Motions to Use to Accomplish
- Art. II.- General Classification of Motions.
- 11. Main or Principal Motions
- 12. Subsidiary Motions
- 13. Incidental Motions
- 14. Privileged Motions
- 15. Some Main and Unclassified Motions
- Art. III.- Privileged Motions.
- 16. Fix the Time to which the Assembly shall
- 17. Adjourn
- 18. Take a Recess
- 19. Questions of Privilege
- 20. General and Special Orders and a Call for
the Orders of the Day
- Art. IV.- Incidental Motions.
- 21. Questions of Order and Appeal
- 22. Suspension of the Rules
- 23. Objection to the Consideration of a
- 24. Division of a Question, and Consideration
by Paragraph or Seriatim
- 25. Division of the Assembly, and Motions
relating to Methods of Voting, or to Closing or Reopening the Polls
- 26. Motions relating to Methods of Making, or
to Closing or to Reopening Nominations
- 27. Requests growing out of Business Pending
or that has just been pending, as, a Parliamentary Inquiry, a Request for
Information, for Leave to Withdraw a Motion to Read Papers, to be Excused from a
Duty, or for any other Privilege
- Art. V.- Subsidiary Motions.
- 28. Lay on the Table
- 29. The Previous Question
- 30. Limit or Extend Limits of Debate
- 31. Postpone Definitely, or to a Certain Time
- 32. Commit or Refer, or Recommit
- 33. Amend
- 34. Postpone Indefinitely
- Art. VI.- Some Main and Unclassified Motions.
- 35. Take from the Table
- 36. Reconsider
- 37. Rescind
- 38. Renewal of a Motion
- 39. Ratify
- 40. Dilatory, Absurd, or Frivolous Motions
- 41. Call of the House
- Art. VII.- Debate.
- 42. Debate
- 43. Decorum in Debate
- 44. Closing and Preventing Debate
- 45. Principles of Debate and Undebatable
- Art. VIII.- Vote.
- 46. Voting
- 47. Votes that are Null and Void even if
- 48. Motions requiring more than a Majority
- Art. IX.- Committees and Boards.
- 49. Committees Classified
- 50. Boards of Managers, etc., and Executive
- 51. Ex-Officio Members of Boards and
- 52. Committees, Special and Standing
- 53. Reception of Reports
- 54. Adoption or Acceptance of Reports
- 55. Committee of the Whole
- 56. As if in Committee of the Whole
- 57. Informal Consideration
- Art. X.- The Officers and the Minutes.
- 58. Chairman or President
- 59. Secretary or Clerk
- 60. The Minutes
- 61. Executive Secretary
- 62. Treasurer
- Art. XI.- Miscellaneous.
- 63. Session
- 64. Quorum
- 65. Order of Business
- 66. Nominations and Elections
- 67. Constitutions, By-laws, Rules of Order,
and Standing Rules
- 68. Amendments of Constitutions, By-laws, and
Rules of Order
- Part II.- Organization, Meetings, and Legal Rights of Assemblies.
- Art. XII.- Organization and Meetings.
- 69. An Occasional or Mass Meeting
- (a) Organization
- (b) Adoption of Resolutions
- (c) Committee to draft Resolutions
- (d) Semi-Permanent Mass Meeting
- 70. A Permanent Society.
- (a) First Meeting
- (b) Second Meeting
- (c) Regular Meeting
- 71. Meeting of a Convention.
- (a) An Organized Convention
- (b) A Convention not yet Organized
- Art. XIII.- Legal Rights of Assemblies and Trial
of Their Members.
- 72. Right of an Assembly to Punish its
- 73. Right of an Assembly to Eject any one
from its Place of Meeting
- 74. Rights of Ecclesiastical Tribunals
- 75. Trial of Members of Societies
- Plan for Study of Parliamentary Law. (PLN)
- Lesson Outlines (LES)
- Index (NDX)