John McBride Family
Submitted by Terri
Tait and Gil
Click here for another photo of Samuel
(1874 - 1926)
Son of Robert Curtis McBride and
Aneliza (Ann Eliza) Sopronia
Click photo for large view
Mc Bride 1896 - ? & her husband,
Niels P. Nielson
Click photo for large view
Click photo for large view
Mary (Molly) Catherine McBride
Molly and Annie McBride
and two unidentified girls. If you know any McBride descendants
that might be able to identify the two girls, I would appreciate you
forwarding this picture to them - tiff file.
McBride (1874 - 1926) was
the son of Robert Curtis McBride and Ann Eliza Shipman. The other picture
is of Willie Mae McBride and her husband Niels P Nielsen. Willie is the daughter
of Samuel's oldest brother George McBride. George and his two sons were
commercial fisherman in St Andrews, (Panama City) Bay County, Florida about 1912
when he died. About 1913, Willie Mae McBride married a commercial
fisherman, Niels P Nielsen, from Denmark.
soon moved to Mobile, Alabama where Willie Mae died about 1925. Niels
became partially disabled in an accident, and a Mrs. Markham of Mobile adopted
Willie and Niels's children.
My grandmother, Mary Catherine (Mollie) McBride Donnell was also Sam's
sister. another sister, Bertie Lee McBride has granddaughter, Julia HelenBell
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN1 MCBRIDE was born 1777 in GA, and died Bef. October 1852. He
Children of JOHN MCBRIDE and RACHEL are:
2. i. SAMUEL2 MCBRIDE, b. 1805, GA.
3. ii. MARY ANN MCBRIDE, b. November 21, 1813, GA; d. October 25, 1880.
4. iii. JANE MCBRIDE, d. Bef. 1850.
iv. JAMES P. MCBRIDE.
v. ELIZABETH S. MCBRIDE, m. N. N. SMITH.
5. vi. SARAH MCBRIDE.
6. vii. CATHERINE J. MCBRIDE.
Generation No. 2
2. SAMUEL2 MCBRIDE (JOHN1) was born 1805 in GA. He married (1) SARA
COWAN February 22, 1825 in Crawford Co, GA. He married (2) MARY MORRISE June
27, 1850 in Barbour Co, AL.
Children of SAMUEL MCBRIDE and SARA COWAN are:
i. CATHERINE3 MCBRIDE, b. 1828, GA.
ii. JOHN T. MCBRIDE, b. 1831, GA.
iii. SAMUEL MCBRIDE, b. 1837, GA.
iv. WILLIAM MCBRIDE, b. 1839, AL.
v. RACHEL MCBRIDE, b. 1846, AL.
vi. SARAH MCBRIDE, b. 1849, AL.
7. vii. ROBERT CURTIS MCBRIDE, b. January 20, 1843, AL; d. December 1902, Clio,
viii. JAMES F. MCBRIDE, b. 1834, GA.
3. MARY ANN2 MCBRIDE (JOHN1) was born November 21, 1813 in GA, and died
October 25, 1880. She married (1) JOHN MCBRIDE September 08, 1829 in
Crawford Co, GA. She married (2) SAMUEL VINING June 17, 1853 in Barbour Co,
Children of MARY MCBRIDE and JOHN MCBRIDE are:
i. CATHERINE JANE3 MCBRIDE, b. 1829.
ii. RACHEL MARGARET MCBRIDE, b. 1831; m. WILLIAM MCKEE, Bef. March 07,
1853, Possibly Troupe County, GA.
8. iii. ELIZA ANN FRANCES MCBRIDE, b. May 22, 1834, GA; d. August 09,
iv. SARAH CAROLINE MCBRIDE, b. 1838; m. EPAMENDAS P. WOODS, July 18,
1853, Barbour Co, AL.
v. MARY AGNES MCBRIDE, b. December 1839.
vi. SOPHIA J. MCBRIDE, b. 1842.
4. JANE2 MCBRIDE (JOHN1) died Bef. 1850. She married SAMUEL VINING December
03, 1827 in Crawford Co, GA.
Children of JANE MCBRIDE and SAMUEL VINING are:
i. ELIZA J.3 VINING, b. 1837.
ii. ANNA VINING, b. 1845.
iii. JACKSON VINING.
iv. WILLIAM M. VINING.
v. GEORGE B. VINING.
vi. SARAH A. VINING.
vii. DAVID J. VINING.
viii. WASHINGTON VINING.
ix. RACHEL VINING, m. THOMAS GLOVER.
5. SARAH2 MCBRIDE (JOHN1). She married JEREMIAH WALTON.
Child of SARAH MCBRIDE and JEREMIAH WALTON is:
i. WILSON3 WALTON, b. 1836, GA.
6. CATHERINE J.2 MCBRIDE (JOHN1). She married (1) JACOB B. NELSON. She
married (2) HENRY R.M. STEMBRIDGE February 12, 1835 in Crawford Co, GA.
Children of CATHERINE MCBRIDE and HENRY STEMBRIDGE are:
i. THOMAS L.3 STEMBRIDGE.
ii. JOHN A. STEMBRIDGE.
iii. SARAH ESTHER STEMBRIDGE.
Generation No. 3
7. ROBERT CURTIS3 MCBRIDE (SAMUEL2, JOHN1) was born January 20, 1843 in AL,
and died December 1902 in Clio, Barbour,Al. He married ANELIZA SOPRONIA
SHIPMAN December 10, 1867 in Barbour Co, AL.
Children of ROBERT MCBRIDE and ANELIZA SHIPMAN are:
9. i. GEORGE ALEXANDER4 MCBRIDE, b. November 1868, AL; d. Abt. 1912, St
ii. JAMES MCBRIDE, b. 1871; d. February 1922, Wauchula, Hardee,Fl.
More About JAMES MCBRIDE:
Cause of Death: Stroke, Had very high blood pressure
iii. SAMUEL MCBRIDE, b. 1874; d. Abt. 1926, Birmingham Jefferson,Al.
10. iv. BERTIE LEE MCBRIDE, b. May 1875, AL; d. April 15, 1915, Al.
11. v. ANNIE E. MCBRIDE, b. March 1878, Barbour,AL; d. Aft. February 01,
1956, Bessemer, Al.
12. vi. MARY CATHERINE (MOLLIE) MCBRIDE, b. July 08, 1882, Al; d. November 09, 1966, Panama City, Bay,Fl.
8. ELIZA ANN FRANCES3 MCBRIDE (MARY ANN2, JOHN1) was born May 22, 1834 in
GA, and died August 09, 1914. She married GEORGE LAFAYETTE SHIPMAN July 15,
1858 in Barbour County, AL.
Children of ELIZA MCBRIDE and GEORGE SHIPMAN are:
i. WILLIAM FRANKLIN4 SHIPMAN, b. July 11, 1859; d. September 10, 1923;
m. ROSA ABERCROMBIE, January 10, 1917, Barbour Co, AL.
13. ii. CLINTON J. SHIPMAN, b. November 20, 1860; d. March 09, 1939.
iii. ADA EMMA SHIPMAN, b. November 24, 1862; d. September 24, 1952; m.
14. iv. GEORGE LAFAYETTE SHIPMAN, b. December 31, 1864, AL; d. December 27,
Generation No. 4
9. GEORGE ALEXANDER4 MCBRIDE (ROBERT CURTIS3, SAMUEL2, JOHN1) was born
November 1868 in AL, and died Abt. 1912 in St Andrews, Bay,Fl. He married
ANNA D. HALL December 20, 1892 in Dale Co, Al.
Notes for GEORGE ALEXANDER MCBRIDE:
George McBride was buried in a grave with no headstone, in a St
Andrews/Panama City cemetery on or near Balboa Ave, near 15th Street. His
grave could not be located in 1968.
Children of GEORGE MCBRIDE and ANNA HALL are:
i. WILLIE MAE5 MCBRIDE, b. June 1896, AL; d. Abt. 1925,
Pritchard, Mobile, Al; m. NIELS P. NIELSEN, Abt. 1913, St Andrews, Bay, Fl.
Marriage Notes for WILLIE MCBRIDE and NIELS NIELSEN:
After Wille Mae McBride died and Niels Nielsen became partially disabled in
an accident around 1925, A Mrs. Markam of Mobile, Al adapted the children.
ii. COLIN A. MCBRIDE, b. September 1897, AL.
iii. FLOYD S. MCBRIDE, b. 1900, AL.
iv. KATE CORINE MCBRIDE, b. 1905, AL.
v. VIRGINIA M. MCBRIDE, b. 1908.
10. BERTIE LEE4 MCBRIDE (ROBERT CURTIS3, SAMUEL2, JOHN1) was born May 1875
in AL, and died April 15, 1915 in Al. She married (1) SAM STOKES. She
married (2) HENRY JOSEPH BELL July 17, 1904 in Geneva Co, Al.
Child of BERTIE MCBRIDE and SAM STOKES is:
i. RUTH5 STOKES, b. February 03, 1913; d. May 1987, Montgomery, Al; m.
11. ANNIE E.4 MCBRIDE (ROBERT CURTIS3, SAMUEL2, JOHN1) was born March 1878
in Barbour, AL, and died Aft. February 01, 1956 in Bessemer, Al. She married
Child of ANNIE MCBRIDE and RICHARDS is:
i. HORACE5 RICHARDS, b. Abt. 1910; d. March 03, 1953.
More About HORACE RICHARDS:
Cause of Death: Accident
12. MARY CATHERINE (MOLLIE)4 MCBRIDE (ROBERT CURTIS3, SAMUEL2, JOHN1) was
born July 08, 1882 in Al, and died November 09, 1966 in Panama City, Bay, Fl.
She married MUNSEY SHANNON DONNELL July 12, 1903 in Coffee Springs, Geneva,Al.
More About MARY CATHERINE (MOLLIE) MCBRIDE:
Cause of Death: Stroke
Notes for MUNSEY SHANNON DONNELL:
More About MUNSEY SHANNON DONNELL:
Cause of Death: Stroke
Children of MARY MCBRIDE and MUNSEY DONNELL are:
i. AUDREY5 DONNELL, b. August 16, 1907, Bellwood, Geneva, Al; m. WILLIAM
GILFORD HARRIS, September 03, 1927, Daleville, Dale, Al.
More About WILLIAM GILFORD HARRIS:
Cause of Death: Heart Failure
Occupation: Ice Plant Operator, Train Conductor
ii. JAMES MUNSEY DONNELL, b. March 21, 1913, Clayhatchee, Dale, Al; d.
October 30, 1984, Augusta, Columbia, Ga; m. RUBY (BART) BARTLETT.
iii. ROBERT CURTIS DONNELL, b. April 01, 1915, AL; d. April 29, 1996,
Crawfordville, Wakulla,F l; m. ETHEL DORIS MORRIS, December 04, 1932,
Kynesville, Jackson, Fl.
iv. FOLEDE DONNELL, b. May 21, 1904, Bellwood, Geneva, Al; m. (1) MACK
DAVID SHEHEE, May 21, 1920, Al; m. (2) PAUL PARKER, July 08, 1923,
Clayhatchee, Dale, Al.
13. CLINTON J.4 SHIPMAN (ELIZA ANN FRANCES3 MCBRIDE, MARY ANN2, JOHN1) was
born November 20, 1860, and died March 09, 1939. He married MINNIE C..
Child of CLINTON SHIPMAN and MINNIE is:
i. ROSCOE C.5 SHIPMAN, b. December 1896, AL.
14. GEORGE LAFAYETTE4 SHIPMAN (ELIZA ANN FRANCES3 MCBRIDE, MARY ANN2, JOHN1)
was born December 31, 1864 in AL, and died December 27, 1927. He married
DAISY HOWELL January 07, 1914 in Dale Co, AL.
Children of GEORGE SHIPMAN and DAISY HOWELL are:
i. GEORGE HOWELL5 SHIPMAN, b. November 26, 1914, AL; d. February 19,
1988; m. JULIA FOSTER.
ii. STERLING SHIPMAN, b. 1917, AL.
iii. FRANCINE SHIPMAN, b. 1918, AL; m. ? FENN.
iv. LILLIAN SHIPMAN.
Have additional information on this family please contact