Ernest W. Leffler, a native of San Joaquin county, has spent his active career in farming and viticulture. A man of enterprise and recognized ability, carrying out successfully whatever he undertakes, he has become a man of influence and substantial position in his locality. His fine farm is located on Cherokee Lane about ten miles from Stockton, and is known as the old Leffler ranch, having been in the Leffler name and possession since pioneer times. The place comprises one hundred and twenty-four acres of land, twenty acres of which is devoted to grape culture, a department of his enterprise which he has brought to a high point of success.
Mr. Leffler was born in San Joaquin county, August 17, 1861. He is a son of the late George J. Leffler, who came as a pioneer to San Joaquin county and was a man of prosperous circumstances and large influence in his locality, more estended mention of whom will be found in the sketch entitled George J. Leffler, a son of the senior Leffler.
Reared in San Joaquin county, with his education obtained in the public schools of the county and at the Stockton Business College, from youth to the present Mr. leffler has been engaged in the various forms of farming, and as he has devoted his best efforts to this line of work so has he gained therefrom his principal success. He was married August 16, 1891, to Miss Hattie Nason, a daughter of R. P. Nason, deceased, a former well known resident near Waterloo, San Joaquin county. Mr. and Mrs. leffler have three children: Melvin F., Wilber C. and Dewey E. Mr. Leffler is a Republican in politics, and is affiliated with the Modern Woodmen of America at Lodi.
Source: History of the New California Its Resources and People, Volume II
The Lewis Publishing Company - 1905
Edited by Leigh H. Irvine
Return to California AHGP home page
Return to Sacramento County AHGP home page