Henry G. Leffler, a native son and lifelong resident of California, is a prosperous and enterprising agriculturist and vineyardist residing near Waterloo in San Joaquin county, where he owns one hundred and thirty-two and a half acres. Eighty acres comprises his home place, and the rest of his land is located on the Upper Sacramento road, seventeen acres of which latter place is devoted to vineyard. His undertakings have been unusually successful, and he is esteemed for his co-operations with all movements for the good and advancement of his community.
Mr. Leffler is a son of George J. Leffler, the well known pioneer citizen of San Joaquin county, now deceased, who came here in the early days and before his life work was finished had made himself an important factor in affairs. A more detailed account of his life and personality will be found in the sketch of his son george J. Leffler, on other pages.
Mr. Henry G. Leffler was born in San Joaquin county, May 16, 1855, and was reared and received his education in his native place. He was married February 13, 1880, to Miss Edith Thrush, a daughter of George Thrush, of San Joaquin county. Mr. and Mrs. Leffler have three children: William H., Frank E. and Charles. Mr. Leffler is a Republican in politics, and a well informed man on the general course of the world's affairs. He has served as a trustee of the Calaveras school district, and is a friend of education and social uplift in general. Although not a church member, he contributes to the support of Christianity in its various forms, and can always be relied upon for his part in matters affecting the welfare of his locality.
Source: History of the New California Its Resources and People, Volume II
The Lewis Publishing Company - 1905
Edited by Leigh H. Irvine
Return to California AHGP home page
Return to Sacramento County AHGP home page