Laurids Lauridson, who located on his fine ranch near the town of Mills, in Sacramento county, in 1899, and who has worked out a very successful and prosperous career in agriculture in this section of the state, was born in Denmark, December 18, 1861, being a brother of Mr. N. H. Lauridson, who is also one of Sacramento county's prominent ranchers and is represented elsewhere in this work.
Reared and educated in his native country, where he gained a fund of practical knowledge and experience before setting out to seek his fortune in the new world, Mr. Lauridson was nineteen years old when he came to America, in 1880, and, making his way directly to California, has lived in this state ever since. He has been engaged in agricultural pursuits in Sacramento county throughout this period, and by the sure and steady processes so often employed by men of his race and nationality has advanced from one stepping-stone of financial progress to another until within a few years after he landed in America practically without capital, he was able to provide himself with a homestead, and since 1899 has been located on the beautiful estate of one hundred and sixty acres near Mills, where he makes a large success in grain-growing and geneal farming.
Mr. Lauridson is a Republican in politics, and he and his estimable wife are members of the Lutheran church. He was married, October 5, 1889, to Miss Julia Jansen, who is also a native daughter of Denmark. They have two sons, Julius and Charles S. N. Mr. and Mrs. Lauridson formerly were members of the American River Grange, and their son Julius is now an active member of that order. Having been found to be people of worth and usefulness in every department of life, possessed of the integrity and sense of responsibility which are the most important factors in organized society, and independent and self-reliant in their private affairs, Mr. and Mrs. Lauridson command the esteem and respect of their entire community.
Source: History of the New California Its Resources and People, Volume II
The Lewis Publishing Company - 1905
Edited by Leigh H. Irvine
Return to California AHGP home page
Return to Sacramento County AHGP home page