[an error occurred while processing this directive]
 

Mr. James M. Robins

 
Paulding New Era
15 May 1885
 
Transcribed by: 
 

 

A Sad Death.  Last Saturday George, the eighteen year old son of Mr. James M. Robins, of Weddington’s district, in this county, plowed up and ate some anjelica,  or wild parsnip, a while before dinner time.  When he went to dinner, he drank some water before seating himself at the table.  After eating a few bites, he was taken suddenly ill, and after vomiting a little went into convulsions and became unconscious and remained so till his death, which occurred at eleven o’clock that night.  Dr. G.W. McLarty was called immediately after he was taken sick and did all he could for him, but was unable to save his life.  His mother and little sisters ate some of the roots, but not enough to injure them seriously.  A gloom has been cast over the entire community by this sad affair.  A word of warning against eating wild plants is not out of order here.



[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Last modified: Wednesday, 07-Apr-2010 18:00:00 CDT