American Revolution in
- July 10, 1775
Habersham and Captain Bowen accomplished the first
seizure of a British ship at sea. They take Captain Maitland's armed
schooner which is carrying powder. Georgia retains 9,000 pounds and
sends 5,000 pounds to the Continental Army.
- March 2&3, 1776 Battle of the Rice Boats at
- January 31, 1779 British take Augusta & Sunbury.
- February 14, 1779 Battle of Kettle Creek.
Georgia's favorite military action.
- March 3, 1779 Battle of Brier Creek.
- September 16, 1779 General Lincoln and Admiral
d'Estaing besiege Savannah.
- April 1781 Colonel Elijah Clarke & General
Pickens began a siege of Augusta. Augusta falls on June 5, 1781, freeing
upcountry Georgia of the British.
- January 1782 General "Mad" Anthony Wayne arrives
in Georgia & immediately launches a vigorous offensive which culminates in
the British evacuation of Savannah on 10 & 11 July 1782.
- April 28, 1794, Admiral d'Estaing guillotined by
the Paris Mob. Just interesting.