Davis-Fulkerson Lumber Yard, 14th Street,1895


In the carriage are Nellie Elliott Davis, wife of Tuillar J. Davis, with their daughters Laverna, Esther and Priscilla Davis "On May 8, 1895, Johnston Elliott Jr. retired from the firm, Elliott Davis Lumber Co. His successor in the partnership was J.C. Fulkerson of Waterloo. There was a branch yard at Alburnett. The original company had taken over the fuel business of Busby & Son, and the office was four blocks east of the city park." The History of Marion Iowa, Volume IV - 1890-1899, Marvin Oxley