If you have access to records for the Latah County area, and can perform lookups by request, we need you.
If you would like to volunteer, contact Tim "PITA" Harper
Please give the source you will do lookups in and your name and contact address.
Rules for Lookup Volunteers
Volunteers may do unlimited lookups if and only if:
- The lookup volunteer is the actual author and copyright holder of the publication.
- The lookup volunteer is using primary source documents ... whether they are treking to the courthouse or using their own xeroxed copies of public domain documents.
- The lookup volunteer has written permission from the author / copyright holder to use their publication for lookups
- Volunteers may be able to make certain limited scope lookups in copyrighted publications under the "fair use" provisions of existing law.
Potential volunteers are encouraged to review the explanations of copyright protection, especially the "fair use" provisions, available elsewhere on the Web. http://www.usgenweb.org/volunteers/copyright.html
Rules for Lookup Requests
- To request a lookup from any of the references, click on the name of the owner and ask them politely. Remember, they are volunteers so they don't have to do this. Please remember to say thank you to the volunteer.
- Mention the name of the book in your message. Our volunteers aren't mind-readers & they may not remember which books they volunteered for.
- Make your requests for lookup limited in scope. "Tell me everything about the Smiths" is probably too broad.
- -- Researchers should not ask, nor may lookup volunteers offer, to violate copyright laws in responding to requests for lookups in any copyrighted material. --
- If you haven't already read it, please go to the US GenWeb Copyrights FAQ Page and read it carefully before you request a lookup or volunteer to do lookups. This page has important information about copyright laws as they apply to the USGenWeb project.
Volunteer Information Michelle Ross Obituary and Special Newspapers Books We Own- Lookup Service Cyndi's List of Lookup Services Genealogy Helplist Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness