Posted Queries for April 1997
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- HAMILTON, ROBINSON posted by Stephanie Borgman on Tuesday, April 1, 1997
- Believe I am connected to ROBINSONs of Carmi; would appreciate help proving it. My father Herbert Hamilton ROBINSON was born in California in 1908, son of Herbert Dixon ROBINSON and Grace HAMILTON. Herbert D. was a mining engineer and apparently the proverbial black sheep of his family, but he did tell his children that the town of Robinson, IL was named for his family and it is my understanding that those Robinsons came from Carmi. Anyway...at the time of the Chicago Fair, my dad Herbert H. hitched a freight and came to IL. He managed to get a little info. from g'pa Herbert D. It's all that I have to work with. Herbert Dixon ROBINSON'S parents were Peyton Dixon ROBINSON and Malisie (?). Others mentioned were Huston S. ROBINSON, said to be sheriff in Springfield, Napolian Robinson, son of Huston, William Peyton ROBINSON, said to be a farmer,perhaps from Flora, Ora ROBINSON, daughter of William P.. Also listed are some PRESLEYs. Brice and Wash Presley are listed as uncles and Allen Presley as cousin; they might have been around Flora also. Don't know if Grandmother Malisie was a Presley or what. My father hooked up with another young vagabond and never looked up his kin. He died in 1952 and I have only the handwritten note he carried to IL and back to CA to work from. Would really appreciate any thoughts you might have to share. Thanks for reading all of this.
- MCGAREVEYS, MCGARVEY, STANLEY posted by Gwyn Beltran on Wednesday, April 2, 1997
- My Grandfather was born in White County in May 2, 1874 with his 7 brotihers and sisters. His name was John William MCGARVEY . Great Grandfathers name Hamilton V .MCGARVEY Grand mothers name Mary Elizabeth STANLEY from Crossville, Ill. All lived in Grayville, Ill. I still have lots of MCGAREVEYS family in Grayville of White County, and a large family Tree of the MCGARVEY family.My Great, Great, Grandfather James McGarvey was born in Ireland in 1810 and came to this country married Clarissa Brodus or Broadest, had 6 children .
- BROWNING, MCHENRY, SAMPSON posted by Ruth Hune on Saturday, April 5, 1997
- Seeking information on Isaac C. BROWNING and Elizabeth SAMPSON married in White County 19 May 1825. Is Isaac related to Joshua BROWNING that married Fanny Hall 25 Sept. 1825 in White County? Joshua then married Juliann MCHENRY 5 Nove.1835. Joshua moves to Pike County, Il. Isaac moves to Gallatin, then Pope County in Ill. I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks Ruth Hunt
- CAMP, LEROY, STANDISH posted by Dianne Camp on Monday, April 7, 1997
- I am tying to find info. on LEROY(Roy) CAMP believe to have been born in White County before 1900,and lived there for awhile. He married a woman named Mertyle Alice STANDISH. Any info. you may have would be helpful.
- BEASLEY, BENNETT, GRAY, GRISSOM, SKIMAHORN posted by Sonya Sparks on Monday, April 14, 1997
- I am researching the surnames SKIMAHORN (and all other spellings) and GRAY in White County IL. General Jack SKIMAHORN married Susan Alice GRAY GRISSOM in White County IL on December 12, 1896. At that time Susan was a widow. She was the daughter of James GRAY and was born in TN. General Jack was the son of Elija and Jane (BEASLEY) SKIMAHORN. He was born in Gallatin county They were married at J.R. BENNETT's home. Would like to share any information on these names and any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
- ANGEL, BOND, THOMAS posted by Diane Bond Pilz on Thursday, April 17, 1997
- I'm looking for the family of Martha A THOMAS, born about 1861 in Ohio and moved with her family to Hamilton Co sometime in the 1860's. Some of her brother's names were John, Joseph, Ruben, and Cornelius. Their parents were A.J.'Jack' Thomas and Elisabeth ANGEL. Martha married Samuel R BOND in 1882. I'm wondering if any other Thomas's have researched this Thomas family at all, and where in Ohio they came from.
- EPPERSON, HAMILTON, HUTCHCRAFT, HUTCHCRAFTS, TATE posted by Paulette Poe-Legendre on Wednesday, April 23, 1997
- Surnames for White county are HUTCHCRAFT,EPPERSON,TATE and HAMILTON. My HUTCHCRAFT line came from Bourbon County KY. am really anxious about the HUTCHCRAFTS!!! The family lived in Wayne County too. thank you
- CHASE, DRIGGERS, ESTES, HENSLEY, OSBON, PRYOR, WILLIAMS posted by Sue Green on Thursday, April 24, 1997
- ESTES, DRIGGERS, PRYOR, OSBON, WILLIAMS Searching for my mother's family. Her grandfather, Thomas PRYOR died of an injury suffered in a neighborhood baseball game before my grandmother, Ara was born July 31, 1879. She was raised by her grandmother, Sarah ESTES *b about 1821 in IL. Sarah had 3 daughters: Lizzie Annette ESTES, b April 8, 1850 in White Co. (married to Thomas PRYOR b about 1846 in KY?), Viola "May" OSBON b Nov 9, 1840 in White Co., (father unknown) m George Francis CHASE b c 1850 in IL; and Pearl DRIGGERS b Feb 16, 1858 in White Co. d/o Absolem DRIGGERS m Aug 14, 1856 (b in Ireland). Pearl married John HENSLEY who was also born in IL in Mar 1862.... They had at least 6 children. Any help to find any of these families would be much appreciated!! I've reached a dead end!
- MCCLAIN, MCLEAN posted by Don Marsh on Thursday, April 24, 1997
- Desire to exchange info on any MCLEAN MCCLAIN /etc. family of White County, Illinois prior to 1900. Especially interested in those who lived in county in early 1820s and 1830s. .
- GARVIN, HUNGATE posted by Wes Garvin on Saturday, April 26, 1997
- White County Query Am looking for information on Hannah GARVIN, she appears in 1820 census. Also would like data on household members (sex/age groups). Hannah was head of household.Also looking for surname HUNGATE
- GILLIHAN, LEONARD, LINCOLN posted by Geoffrey P. Robinson on Saturday, April 26, 1997
- GILLIHAN I am searching for information regarding LEONARD LINCOLN GILLIHAN, born 7 Jan 1910, Carmi, White Co., died 1952, probably St. Louis, MO. I would like verfication of his birth in Carmi, and the names of his parents. Any other information would be great.
Return To Queries & Surname(s)