Posted Queries for May 1997
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- CASEY, SELF, THRASH posted by Taylor on Thursday, May 1, 1997
- SELF. I'm looking for information on Levi S. SELF (b. 1782, NC) m. Nancy, m. 2nd Elizabeth THRASH 7-21-1824 in White Co., IL. Children were Levis SELF Jr. (1827, IL) and Mahala Celia (IL). They later moved to AR when Sealey married Anthony CASEY. Anything on his other wife/wives and additional children. Do you know who his parents were, etc
- COZART, DUCKWORTH, FOLEY, GIDCUMB, HOLDERBY, MATSEL, MOODY, NELSON, RANKIN, THOMAS, YORK posted by Terri Lagneau on Tuesday, May 6, 1997
- RANKIN, NELSON, COZART, MATSEL, MOODY, HOLDERBY, FOLEY, GIDCUMB, THOMAS, YORK, DUCKWORTH I am researching these families in White CO, IL. If anyone has worked on these families in White Co, Il. I am interested in all aspects of these families from the earliest ancestors to the newest babies. If you have info about any of these families, please contact me. Terri Lagneau
- ALLISON, CAMPBELL, HOSKINS, POOLE, STUM posted by Nathalie C.Patton on Wednesday, May 7, 1997
- Researching: CAMPBELL, ALLISON, POOLE, STUM, HOSKINS,-- John Wesley CAMPBELL family were in White County by 1820. The family settled in the Fox River Township or Phillipstown area. John Wesley CAMPBELL had four children, three sons and one daughter. I have only been able to find the names of two of the sons, James And Patton CAMPBELL. By 1830 Daniel, William And John ALLISON had joined the CAMPBELL family in Phillipstown. In 1830 James CAMPBELL married Mary (Polly) HOSKINS. John Wesley CAMPBELL'S wife, Caty Patton CAMPBELL died sometime before 1830. In 1830 John Wesley CAMPBELL remarried to Mrs. Fanny POOLE, widow of Thomas POOLE. I would love to share my information with anyone researching these families. Thank You, Nathalie Campbell Patton--Nathpatt@Aol.Com
- DAVIS posted by Thomas W Davis on Friday, May 9, 1997
- My great grandfather, Thomas M. DAVIS, was born in old Randolph county in 1799. The territorial census of 1807 listed only two DAVIS families, James DAVIS and Richard DAVIS. No township was given. However, the 1818 federal census for Illinois listed the only families headed by a James DAVIS and Richard DAVIS as residing in White County. Any information relating to James, Richard, Thomas, or any other early White County DAVIS family would be appreciated. Thank you, Thomas W. Davis (email@example.com)
- BANG, BASHEAR, BRASHER, BURRIS, CORDER, DRAKE, GOODMAN, OWEN posted by Diane Bender on Monday, May 12, 1997
- Surnames BANG BASHEAR BRASHER. Elijah BRASHER m Martha GOODMAN 6 Apr 1847 in Gallatin Co. Their children were: Susanna, 1848; Louisa, 21 Mar 1849; William, 1853, all b Gallatin county. Elijah moved to Emma, White Co. about 1854, where he had Mary Ann, 1855, and Hannah J., 1860. Martha died abt 1863. Elijah then married America A. BURRIS, widow of Thomas DRAKE. Their children were Uriah, 1866; Samuel 1867; and Charles 1869. Elijah then married Neoma CORDER in 1874, then Eliza Louisa (OWEN) Tennyson in 1881. Would like to share info with any other descendants.
- ARBAUGH, HUTCHCRAFT, MARICLE, TATE posted by Paulette Poe-Le gendre on Tuesday, May 13, 1997
- James TATE , b. 24 Apr 1810 in TN. m. Elizabeth MARICLE dau of Jacob MARICLE and Sarah ARBAUGH he died in White Co. in 1880. He is my gggfather. They had fourteen children the oldest is Melvina C. TATE was b. in 1838 she married Harrison HUTCHCRAFT. THeir children were born in White Co. Their dau. Nancy HUTCHCRAFT is my great grandmother.
- STEVENS, THORNBERRY posted by Jim Stevens on Wednesday, May 14, 1997
- I am looking for information about Frank C. STEVENS who migrated from Popular Bluff, Mo before 1890 and settled near New Haven. He died July 15, 1928 in New Haven. He was married to Matilda Jefferies STEVENS. They had 2 children Otis and Mame Stevens Allison. Frank Stevens father was named Joseph and his wife's maiden name was THORNBERRY. I am not certain that Joseph ever moved to White County or whether he had other children. Any assistance you can give would be appreciated.<BR> Jim Stevens<BR< PO Box 3<BR> 41 Ford St.<BR> New Haven, Il. 62867
- LANIER, PATRICK posted by Janice Melton Knotter on Wednesday, May 14, 1997
- name: Janice Melton Knotter<BR> Surname: PATRICK; LANIER<BR> Seeking proof of deaths and places of burial for James PATRICK, (born ca 1793, Warren Co, KY. son of John PATRICK) married Martha Elizabeth LANIER, (born ca 1799, VA. dau of Byrd LANIER,) 20 Oct 1816, Warren Co, KY. LANIER, Louise Ingersoll, published 1965. According to son Byrd L Patrick's obituary they came to IL in 1831 and settled near Shawneetown. After a short time, they moved to Big Prairie in White Co IL and lived in White Co IL until death.<BR> Thank you. Janice Melton Knotter<BR>
- EMERSON, TODD posted by Steve Lynn on Friday, May 16, 1997
- Marriage Records 1700-1890<BR> , I am looking for the date of the marriage of Ruben TODD and Sarah EMERSON who are supposed to have married in White County, Illnois. There first child, John F. TODD, was born in Illinois on June 27, 1832. If there is any indication of the parents of this couple on the marriage record, I would appreciate finding that out also.<BR> Many thanks!<BR>
- LANE, TAYLOR posted by Vickie White on Saturday, May 17, 1997
- Searching for the parents of: James H. TAYLOR born:18 Apr 1825 in Wayne Co. served in the Mexican War from Wayne Co. married Mary Elizabeth LANE on 29 Feb 1848 in Wayne Co. They are on the 1850,1860,1870 census of White Co. In 1880 he is in Texas (stated in his Mexican Wary Pension) and in 1891 he dies in Wahington Co. Arkansas. I believe his a brother to my Ninian R. TAYLOR (not the one who moved to Sangamon Co.) and would appreciate any help linking them. Vickie
- DALE, DEWITT, FERGUSON, MCNEIL, MILLER, OWENS, PARKER posted by Ken Woods on Monday, May 19, 1997
- I am looking for any information on DALE and PARKER surnames in White Co, IL. Some names I have are: Job S. DALE, B.December 22, 1833 D.September 5,1861. Wife Agnes MCNEIL. His children James Lyle DALE, Louesa E. DALE, Josephine DALE, Solomon Scott Dale, Toliver C. DALE, Mary M. DALE, Laura E.DALE, Nathan DALE, Jessey A. DALE, Lotan DALE, Annie M. DALE, Charles A.DALE, and Job C. DALE. PARKER:John PARKER wife:Sarah C. OWENS Children: Jesse PARKER, Minnie PARKER, Lella Lee PARKER, John A. PARKER, Jakie "Jake" PARKER, Clarence Teddy Parker, and Albert PARKER. Moses J. MILLER, b November 4, 1842, Married Lydia DEWITT about 1861, child, Emma Ann MILLER b July 12, 1867. 2nd wife Elizabeth W. FERGUSON b about 1835, children: Alice MILLER, b about 1870, Nancy MILLER b about 1871 and Clarrice? MILLER b about 1873. Step children: Scott FERGUSON b 1861, James FERGUSON b 1864. Any information would be appreciated. Ken Woods
- AXTON, BALLARD, BRILL, CLEVELAND, DOBBINS, LITTLE, MAXEL, MCKENZIE, MILLSPAUGH, MURPHY, OCHNER, PARKER, PHELPS, STARNES, TEMPLETON, TILLETT, WOOTEN posted by Jackie Cleveland Allen on Saturday, May 24, 1997
- White County connections:CLEVELAND/DOBBINS/PHELPS/PARKER/OCHNER/LITTLE/STARNES /AXTON MCKENZIE /MILLSPAUGH /McKNIGHT/MAXEL/TILLETT/MURPHY/WOOTEN/BRILL/BALLARD/TEMPLETON/The se are my White County Illinois connections. I'm trying to find what happen to the family of my Great Grandmother Lena Carolina Ochner born 10Jul1877 in Illinois. Her parents were Xavier and Ursla Ochner. They were from Germany. Lena married Franklin Pierce Cleveland 09Aug1894 in White County, Illinois
- RANDOLPH posted by Greg Randolph on Tuesday, May 27, 1997
- White Co. Query RANDOLPH Looking for information on Jasper Newton RANDOLPH of White Co. He is found in Dongola, Illnois, (Union Co) in 1899. Jasper had a son, Dewey Lee Randolph b. 1899.
- ABNEY, KINSALL posted by Lucinda C. Kinsall on Thursday, May 29, 1997
- Need info on the family of Eliza Jane ABNEY b.11 June 1828 White Co. She was the dau. of James R. ABNEY and Susan Walden of Edgefield Co., S.C. to Montgomery Co., TN. then migrating to White Co., Ill. The ch. of James R. and Susan: Paul C., Eliza Jane, Dolly Emily, and Henry ABNEY. She m. William Montgomery KINSALL Mar. 1844 White Co. Ill. and ch: James Allen (Jim), John S., and Eliza Jane. Eliza Jane (Abney) Kinsall died 14 Oct. 1851 Omaha, Gallatin Co. Ill. bur. Blackard cem. on Max West farm. My search is for any info on this Eliza Jane (Abney) Kinsall or her parents, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
- TRAVERS, TRAVIS posted by Catherine Travers Fox on Saturday, May 31, 1997
- I am intresting in obtaining information about Charles, James, and Joseph TRAVERS (TRAVIS). Charles lived in White Co. IL in the late 1830's and died sometime between 1840 and 1850. His sons were Thomas, and James that I am aware of. I would be intrested in all information possible. Send replies to CFox58@Juno.com.
Return To Queries & Surname(s)