Posted Queries for June thru July 1997
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- NEWCOMB posted by Larry Newcomb on Monday, June 2, 1997
- Newcomb surname Reva NEWCOMB b. Sept. 7, 1882 White Co., Illinois d. April 1, 1952 Batesville, Arkansas > his father: Martin Van Buren Newcomb > b. November 1, 1857 > White County, Illinois > d. August 24, 1900 > White County, Illinois > > his father: Ira NEWCOMB > b. March 30, 1814 > Livingston County, Kentucky > d. April 27, 1864 > White County, Illinois > > his father: Joseph NEWCOMB > b. 1795 > Tennessee > d. June 5, 1847 > White County, Illinois
- EDWARDS, FORD, KINSALL, TABITHA, WALTERS posted by Lucinda C. Kinsall on Monday, June 2, 1997
- My search is for the true parents of Charles WALTERS b.14 Jan. 1823 Montgomery Co., Tenn. He marr. Nancy FORD b.ca 1825 Montgomery Co., Tenn. Charles and Nancy migrated to Gallatin Co., Ill. in 1861. Their ch: William Henry m. Sarah EDWARDS, Ellander TABITHA m. James Allen KINSALL, James A. m. Minnie Orr, Asa Milton m. Mary EDWARDS, Georgia Anna m. Hiram G. KINSALL, and Charles WALTERS Jr. died young. I've been told Chas. Walters parents are Anderson & Eliz. (Joyner) Walters but, i feel maybe Asa and Tabitha Walters are the true parents. Charles Walters d.3 Sept. 1871 Omaha, Gallatin Co., Ill. Nancy (Ford) Walters d.? Both are buried in Palestin #1 cem. in Omaha, Gallatin Co., Ill. I am search for both sets of parents for Chas. Walters and Nancy Ford his wife. I would appreciate any assistance.
- BROWN, HOLDERBY posted by Betty STROBEL on Friday, June 13, 1997
- Iam searching for information about the Brown HOLDERBY family. Cuma S HOLDERBY White Co. b. abt 1857 d. abt 1878 -9 married Charles Alexander BROWN IN in abt. 1872 . Charles was b.about 1850 in Gallitin Co. they had 2 children Rose b. about 1873 and Francis E. b.Dec 23 1878. Thanks in advance for any information.
- JAMISON, STOM, STUM posted by Kelly Stum on Sunday, June 15, 1997
- STOM STUM George STUM, b. 1 Jan 1786 in PA, traveled to Muhlenberg Co, KY with his father Leonard STUM, b. 1754. George married Ruth Polly JAMISON, then moved to White County, Illinois. The STOM spelling was changed to STUM in KY, not sure if George changed his. George would have lived in White County in the early 1800's.
- FARLEY, GREGORY posted by Betty Gregory on Friday, June 20, 1997
- Researching - GREGORY & FARLEY. My husband's g-grandparents, Richard GREGORY & Frances FARLEY were married in White Co, IL 14 Feb 1838. Children were Joseph, Nancy, Andrew Jackson, William Green, John O., Josiah, Drewery Sylvester and Francis. Need to find Fanny's parents. There were a number of FARLEY families in White Co at that time, but so far I cannot connect any of them. Any help appreciated. Please e-mail BGreg3116@aol. Thanks
- PYLE, TOWELL posted by Jennifer Vincent on Tuesday, June 24, 1997
- Subject: Isaac Whitehead TOWELL, born April 21, 1827, in White County, IL, (died January 19, 1910, in Ponder, Ripley County, MO.) was my great-great grandfather. His wife, Virginia E. PYLE was born December 1, 1829, (her place of birth is unknown) and died July 26, 1893, in Ripley County, MO. They had 9 children. In about 1885, he and his wife moved with 5 of his 9 children (Cora Virginia TOWELL, Daniel Tucker TOWELL, Henry Ambrose TOWELL, Zora Helen TOWELL, and another female TOWELL, whose name I don't know) to Ripley County, MO. I have reached a dead-end in my family research at Isaac, and would greatly appreciate any help. Most importantly, I am looking for a marriage date and location for Isaac and his wife, as well as any information on Isaac's or Virginia's parents - or even further back. I would also like any information on their 4 children who stayed in IL. But anything you can tell me will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.
- GOWDY, SYNDER, VAUGHT posted by Nancy Gowdy Gragg on Wednesday, July 2, 1997
- Claude Franklin GOWDY was born Oct 23, 1880. Since his family, Leander Franklin GOWDY and Emily A. VAUGHT lived and died in Enfild, IL, I assume that Claude Franklin GOWDY was born there also, but I haven't found out for sure. I would also like to know when and where he got married. He married Rene' Ray SYNDER and their first child, James Lee GOWDY, was born in 1905 in Galatia Illinois, so I assume they were married in Enfield or close to it. Any help would be appreciated.
- BROWNING, SAMPSON posted by Ruth Hunt on Friday, July 4, 1997
- Seeking information On Isaac C. BROWNING and wife Elizabeth SAMPSON md White County 16 May 1825. They moved then to Gallatin County. Looking for parents of both of them and their birth place. Elixabeth died before 1852. Isaac md again in Pope Cty. Would appreciate any information Ruth Hunt P.O.Box 242
- NEWCOMB posted by Larry Newcomb on Friday, July 4, 1997
- I have a great deal of information on the NEWCOMB family, who lived in White County in the late 1800s and early 1900s. I am looking for information on these people, though. Could you please put my name on your list of people doing research? my email addresses are: at work: email@example.com at home:
- FELIX, GAINES, HARVEY, HESTER, HOLDERBY, LOUIS, MALCOLM, MALCOM, WALTERS, WHITE posted by Brenda Monroe on Friday, July 4, 1997
- I am researching GAINES, HOLDERBY, MALCOM, WHITE, HARVEY, FELIX, LOUIS Great Grandmother Mary A. WHITE (MALCOLM/ WALTERS/HESTER) was born 7-10-1854, She was called Grandma Hester toward the end of her life. Mary was 1/2 Italian. Her motherİs last name was LOUIS her fatherİs name of course was WHITE. Mary was probably married in 1871 to John MALCOM because her daughter Etna MALCOM was born in Trumball,Ill. 1-19-1872. ( Etna married Hilliard GAINES and had Margie and Paul Gaines, who both married Smiths, and other children, see family tree) Mary had two sons by John MALCOM; Robert Virgil Malcolm 1-3-1874/4-5-1937, and J.C. Malcolm 3-6-1875. John Malcolm(might have served in the Civil War) must have died sometime between 1875 and 1881 because the next date I have is the birth of Maryİs fourth child, Charles H. Walters, born 1882. Hilliard GAINES b. 5-2-1869, Carmi, IL, was the son of John GAINES and Tabitha HOLDERBY. John GAINES b. TN may have served in the Civil War, Union. Tabitha HOLDERBY was the daughter of Nathaniel HOLDERBY b. 1811 and Nancy Jane HARVEY b.1813. Nancy Jane HARVEY was the daughter of Betsy FELIX b. VA 1774 and Mr HARVEY. most of this info is from family Bibles.I have more about the Nathaniel Holderby and Nancy Jane Harvey children and spouses. Brenda.
- BUTTRY posted by Marsha (Buttry) Lowery on Friday, July 4, 1997
- I would like any information that you have available on the name: BUTTRY. My parents are from Norris Cilty, Illinois. Sadie Kathryn (Hill) BUTTRY (deceased) Ernest Earl BUTTRY Thank you very much, Marsha (Buttry) Lowery 6983N 1200W
- DIETZ, POSTEDDAR, WALTON posted by Judy Douglas on Saturday, July 5, 1997
- I am looking for information on DIETZ. My father was Cletus DIETZ, a photographer in Carmi for many years. His mothe was Catherine WALTON and father either Frank or John Dietz (I'm not really sure--it's one way in one record and another way in another one). His grandfather was John DIETZ (Deitze--spelled different ways), grandmother Barbara or Anna B POSTEDDAR. I have lost track of this side of the family and would love to know more about it. Appreciate any help!
- MILLER, VEATCH posted by Melissa Phillips on Sunday, July 6, 1997
- I am researching the VEATCH family. James VEATCH came from Scotland in 1651 and settled in Maryland. From there the family migrated to the Carolina's, Kentucky, Tennesee, and into Illinios. My great-great grandfather, John M. VEATCH, was born in White Co. in 1819, along with 15 other brother's and sister's. He married Sarah M. Rice on November 12, 1840 in White Co. I am currently in correspondence with the Carmi County Clerks office for confirmation about John's parent's. I have information they were Isaac VEATCH and Mary Ellen (Polly) MILLER, but I need confirmation to draw the line back further. If I am correct, I have a family tree that goes back to 1435. If any one has any information on them I would be grateful, and willing to share what I have. I have received alot of informatiion from the Lds Family History Library, but not confirmed. I would welcome any query's. Thank You.
Return To Queries & Surname(s)