Posted Queries for July 1998
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- ROSE posted by Linda Goranson on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- Need information on Private Louis Rose, 87th Ill infantry, Company G August 14 1862- June 16 1865
- GARD posted by Don Gard on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- Looking for any info on Justeus Gard, b. 1839 d.1907 Born in Wabash County, Illinois. Living in White County 1870 - 1905. Left for Missouri.
- BUTLER posted by Sherry Woods Kaseberg on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- Will exchange information about Caleb Thomas BUTLER 1807-1894 who left Kent, England 1819 and settled in Elkton, Todd Co., KY and Edwards Co., IL. Son William Laban BUTLER m. widow Nancy C. Cantrell Lamar in White Co., IL 1872 and had 9 children: Mary Elizabeth Reeves, William L. Jr. Butler, Henry Clay Butler, John Franklin Butler, Sarah Ann Butler Crackel, Lucy Ellen Butler March, Catharine Baldauf Butler Robinson, Emily Agnes Butler Munger and Thomas Anne Butler Barrett.
- HANDEL, MEAREGARD, MERRIGARD, PAYNE, SPEICHER, SPIKER posted by Sherry Woods Kaseberg on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- Seek information about Elizabeth L. MEAREGARD/ MERRIGARD, dau of William & Sarah (SPEICHER SPIKER) Mearegard. She arrived in IL when quite young; 1/2 sister to Catherine Bauldauf PAYNE; John Bauldauf; Mary Bauldauf Pell Hayden and Sarah Bauldauf Butler. Elizabeth L. married Michael Handel, was born ca. 1849 Lewisport, KY, died 1897 Grayville, IL. She had issue: James Glen, Clyde, Charles & Pearl HANDEL.
- GRAY, HELM posted by Sherry Woods Kaseberg on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- Exchange information. John Jacob HELM (1817 va- 1886 Grayville, IL) m Mary Walden GRAY 1855 White Co., IL. They had children: James Meredith Helm; Sarah Frances Helm Eastwood; Walden Gray Helm; Ella/Helen Gray Helm; Mary Walden Helm Ronalds; John Jacob Helm, Jr; William Walden Gray Helm; and Strother Vass Helm. John m 2nd Anna V. Wintermute 1875 White Co., IL & had children: Meredith Helm & Baby Helm in 1880.
- ALLEN, GRAY, GRIFFING, HELM, HENDERSON, WALDEN posted by Sherry Woods Kaseberg on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- Seek WALDEN, HENDERSON, ALLEN, GRIFFING records. Will exchange. James R. GRAY, born VA 1783, died Grayville, White Co., IL 1865, is buried in the Gray Family graveyard in Grayville. He m1st Mary WALDEN who d. 1831 and was the mother of his children: Frances Meriwether GRAY GRIFFING HELM; Margaret GRAY; James GRAY; Angelus GRAY; Margaret Fauntleroy GRAY; Willliam Walden GRAY who married Thomasanne ALLEN 1847 in KY; Mary Walden GRAY who married John Jacob HELM 1854 White Co., IL. James GRAY m 2nd Mary (HENDERSON) ALLEN, widow of Thomas ALLEN & mother of Thomasanne ALLEN GRAY.
- GRAY, WALDEN posted by Sherry Woods Kaseberg on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- Seek WALDEN - GRAY connections. Robert Walden was a partner with his brother- in-law James GRAY in White County, IL about 1830. James GRAY was married to Mary WALDEN. There were a number of WALDENs in White County 1820s and 1830s. Related?
- GRAY, LINDSAY posted by Sherry Woods Kaseberg on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- Seek GRAY - LINDSAY connections. James GRAY's will written 1860 names, in addition to obvious family members, Mary "Polly" LINDSAY, a girl about 18 years old who was raised in the home of his son, William Walden GRAY and his wife, Thomasanne. There are Lindsays in the 1870 & 1880 White Co. census. Relationship?
- ENDICOTT, GIBBS posted by Gail Shulmire on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- GIBBS, ENDICOTT - I am searching for information about Nella Gibbs and Martin Endicott. Nella and her family were from Carmi, White County, Illinois. Nella and Martin were married sometime between 1900 and 1906. Their son, Gerald Martin Endicott, was born in April of 1906 in White County. Any information about these two families would be appreciated.
- PROUDFIT posted by Mike Holcomb on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- I am looking for information on John Patterson PROUDFIT. Born in Ohio about 1850, he followed his brother James to So. Illinois/White County/ Enfield after the Civil War. One of his children, Zola Proudfit, was my paternal grandmother. Thanks for any help.
- ROBERTSON posted by Mike Patterson on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- Does anyone have a transcript of the Bethel Cemetery, southeast of Burnt Prairie in White County? Does the cemetery contain the grave of my ancestor, Samuel ROBERTSON, who died between 1840 and 1850? He and his wife were charter members of the Mount Pleasant Church near there.
- SOWARD, TIPSWORD posted by Viola Holder on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- Griffin Tipsword was one of the first settlers of Illinois. In the Sesquitennial book written for White County, he is listed as one of the first settlers 1812. Do you have any information on who his parents were?
- TYLER posted by Marla Goodrich on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- I am looking for information on Griffin TYLER in White Co by 1800-1810. Md to NANCY WIDOWS IN 1821 in White Co. Il. Other TYLER family members passed this way.
- MURPHY, MUSGRAVE posted by Valerie Keener on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- Seeking any information regarding Nancy Janie MURPHY who was born July 3, 1838 in Mill Shoals. She married William C. MUSGRAVE. Thanks in advance for your help!
- POTTS posted by Joel D. Potts on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- I'm looking for information about Wheeler Potts or John H. Potts who came to white county from Tenn. We think Wheeler was John h. son but have not been able to verify. From records in white co. we found they were from Tenn. but don't know from what part. They were first found in White co. in the 1850 census, they later moved to Pope and then Hardin co.
- BRASIER posted by Mark Brasier on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- I am wondering if anyone can look in the old White Co. newspapers to see if any mention is made of Elijah BRASIER. He lived until at least 1881 (he married his 4th wife that year). He was born in Hickman Co. TN in 1825 and lived in or around Emma Twp. since 1830. If those newspapers are at least available (1880-1900) I would appreciate at least knowing that. Thank You
- WOODROW posted by Martha Robbins on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- Thomas Woodrow, married to Louisa Upton, lived in White Co. from @ 1850 to 1877. He was in the 98th Regiment, Company F in the Civil War. Any information would be much appreciated! I have some info to exchange.
- BARNETT, BIGLEY, CALL, CURTIS, GHOLSON, GOODPASTURE, HARKRIDER, HOLSAPPLE, PULLUMS, SANDERS, TUCKER posted by Deanna Sutherland on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- On January 26, 1897, My Grandfather, was born in Crossville, IL.,White County, to George Bainbridge HOLSAPPLE and Sarah Elizabeth CALL. George B. HOLSAPPLE, was the son of Peter Bainbridge HOLSAPPLE, born, October 11,1828, in IN. or Ky., and Mary Ann GOODPASTURE, born,July 15,1827, in Bath Co., KY. George B. HOLSAPPLE, was born in Washington Co., IN., in 1854. Mary Ann GOODPASTURE HOLSAPPLE, died in White Co., IL., at Crosseville, January 12, 1912 , and was buried in Hamilton Co., IL., at Broughton, in the GHOLSON Cemetary, next to her Husband, Peter B. HOLSAPPLE, who had died ,July 09, 1888. Their Daughter, Laura HOLSAPPLE, is also buried by them. Mary Anns' Parents were Barefoot GOODPASTURE and Margaret CANADA/KENNEDY. Peter Bs' Parents were Mary "Polly" DALTON, and possibley, Nicolas HOLSAPPLE. Peter and Mary Ann Holsapples' other children were: John Ford HOLSAPPLE, married Rhoda BARNETT Sarah Elizabeth HOLSAPPLE, married John Westley HARKRIDER Mary ANN HOLSAPPLE, married William TUCKER Laura HOLSAPPLE, never married I am searching for information on the Parents of, Peter Bainbridge Holsapple, and Sarah Elizabeth CALL. Sarah E. CALL, may have been raised by a GHOLSON family. Her Parents listed on her marriage record, were JOEL/JOSEPH CALL and Margaret BIGLEY. Does anyone have verification of this? The marriage record says Sarah, was born in Posey CO., IN. Sarahs' siblings were: William CALL, born about 1870, married May SANDERS John CALL, married Nellie CURTIS Anna CALL, married Oscar PULLUMS There may have also been a sister Francis CALL, born about 1857, in Posey Co., IN. I also need help desparetely, on verification of Peter Bainbridge HOLSAPPLES' father. Peter B., was born about 2 years before Mary DALTON, and Nicolas HOLSAPPLE, married in 1830, in Washington Co., IN. Could Mary, Peters' mother, Have been married previous to marrying Nicolas HOLSAPPLE? Nicolas, most likely is Peters' father, but I need more proof!! Any help on the CALL and HOLSAPPLE families will be greately appreciated. Thank you , Deanna
- RAMSEY posted by Pat Ramsey Chitty on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- Looking for family of John Fletcher RAMSEY b. 1850 probably in Robb TWP ILL or Posey Co In. m. Pauline ? Parents James RAMSEY and Eady FLETCHER. Would like to know who their children were. He had 9 siblings. They are distant cousins. My grgrgrandfather was James Madison RAMSEY m. Mary Polly FLETCHER, sister to Eady. John and Pauline moved to White Co after marriage. Thanks, Pat
- FLETCHER, RAMSEY posted by Pat Ramsey Chitty on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- Looking for family of John Fletcher RAMSEY b. 1850 probably in Robb twp ill or Posey Co In. m. Pauline ? Parents James RAMSEY and Eady FLETCHER. Would like to know who their children were. He had 9 siblings. They are distant cousins. My grgrgrandfather was James Madison RAMSEY m. Mary Polly FLETCHER, sister to Eady. John and Pauline moved to White Co after marriage. Thanks, Pat
- HUNTER, SPRINGER, WHITE posted by Margaret P. Iovino on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- 1. Helen Olympia White, b. Springerton, White County, ILL, 25 June, 1898. Her father, John Monroe WHITE, B. 1871, White Co., ILL and m. Leila Jane HUNTER, Springerton, Ill. 24 January, 1894. His father, James K. Polk WHITE, donated 100 acres for a church in Springerton. He and his wife, Sarah Elizabeth SPRINGER, were apparently born in Springerton, he in 1845. Any information or lore about these families would be much appreciated, also, references to learn about Springerton, Ill. Thanks! MPI
- AUTEN, KENNETT posted by Paula Collins on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- per 1900 census Willis AUTEN age 45 was married to Nancy KENNETT age 35 they are listed as having 5 kids with only 4 surviving. They were married cir 1885 as they are listed in the 1890 Census (Burnt Prairie Township - White County, IL) as having been married 5 yrs. Their children were - Orville, Everett(My G-father), Frank, Kennett and Gladys. No information in known about the 1st child born and died cir 1886-1890. I would like any information about these people as personal family history from my relatives are fragmented at best. Any information about them or where else to search would be greatly appreciated.
- BLACK, CLIFFORD, LOGAN, MCCLAIN, MILLS posted by Craig Logan on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- I am looking for info Samuel Leander Logan b3/28/1847 m2/24/1869 to Eliza Jane McClain b 1848 in Posey co. Ind. I am looking for info on her also. she had a brother Richard who married Louisa Shipley. I am looking for info Dick Olen Clifford he was married twice once to ??? Mills and the 2nd wf Lulu Land. Dick and Lulu had a son Dick Olen Jr. Dick Sr and Mills had a daughter Leuella b 12/16/1898 d 11/72 They had other children: Kerry/Cary, Ethel, Howard, and Ernest. I do nor know who belongs to which mother.
- GRISWOLD, GRIZZLE posted by L. Hill on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- Isaac Griswold/Grizzle b l786 Buckingham Co, VA,m Nancy Ferguson. >Warren Co, KY. >Wayne & White Cos, IL. L. Hill, 600 Parkview Dr, #3l6, Hallandale, FL, 33009-2970.
- MOORE posted by Robert E. Moore on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- Seek info on George W. MOORE family lived in White Co., Ill ca 1855 to after 1865. His family on both US Census of 1860 & State Census of 1865. Any info appreciated. Robert
Return To Queries & Surname(s)