The town of Charlestown has a very prosperous and influential congregation of Methodists. Of the later history of the Charlestown church but little can be learned, but its earlier history is that of the grant, as the earliest services held in this locality were held near Charlestown. The church here is one of the three full stations in Clark County, Wall Street in Jeffersonville and Port Fulton being the other two. The church building at Charlestown is a substantial brick structure. It was dedicated in 1854 by Bishop Ames. There is also a good parsonage, offering a comfortable and convenient home for the pastor. It is valued at three thousand dollars. The congregation numbers about three hundred souls.