Local Indiana History

A Little Vanderburgh County History Homepage

Chandler Avenue School
or
Stanley Hall Enrichment Center

Chandler Avenue School / Stanley Hall Enrichment Center

Completed in 1901 Chandler Avenue School was located at the North end of Bayard Woods. In 1915 an addition was added to the School and the School was renamed Stanley Hall School, after G. Stanley Hall (1844-1924), an American psychologist and educator. In 1972 the school was closed and razed except for the gym. The remaining portion of the building now houses Stanley Hall Enrichment Center, an alternative education program for high school students.


Return to A Little Vanderburgh County History

Indiana ALHN

Local Indiana History

The American Local History Network

©2013
Christopher D. Myers
All Rights Reserved

June 24, 1999