Early Evansville Portraits And Biographies
From History of Vanderburgh County, Indiana
by Brant & Fuller
1889

John B. Weever

Previous Home Next

weever

DR. JOHN B. WEEVER received an academical education and in 1855 began the study of medicine in his father's office. Subsequently he continued his studies under the direction of Dr. S. D. Gross, of Philadelphia, and entering the Jefferson Medical College in that city, graduated therefrom in 1858. He then returned to Mt. Vernon and engaged in the practice with his father until the latter's decease, in 1861. Thereafter he continued his professional work alone, remaining in Mt. Vernon until 1886, when he came to Evansville. He did a successful business and was recognized as a most able and skillful physician.

Upon coming to Evansville he at once took a high rank among the physicians of the place and by reason of his worth as a citizen and physician has established himself in public favor. He has been a member of the Vanderburgh County Medical Society since 1886, and is at this time its president. For many years he has been a member of the Indiana State Medical Society and the American Medical Association.

In his religious and political affiliations he is a Presbyterian and a Republican.

In 1862, Dr. Weever was united in marriage to Miss Emma J. Slocum, Carmi, Ill. Of this union seven children have been born, only three of whom survive, as follows: Walter R., George S., and Paul S.