James F, Rainze and Elizabeth
E. Best Marriage Bond & Certificate
(Donated by Vivian Moon)
The Commonwealth of Kentucky
Be it known, that we James
F. Rainze as principle, and Edward Hughes as surety, are jointly
and severally bound to the Commonwealth of Kentucky, in the amount of
One Hundred Dollars
The Condition of the Bond is
That, whereas Marriage is intended to be solemnized between the above bound
James F, Rainze and Elizabeth E. Best
Now, if there is no lawful cause to obstruct said Marriage, this Bond shall be void, otherwise it shall remain in full force and effect.
Dated at Beattyville Lee County, this 4th day of February 1885
James F. Rainze
Attest: E. D. Hughes
C. B. Hill, Clerk Lee County Court.
1. Date of Marriage Thursday 5th February
2. Name of Groom James F. Rainze
3. Residence of Groom Estill Co. Ky.
4. Age of Groom 21 years of age
5. Number of Marriage of Groom first
6. Occupation Farmer
7. Birthplace of Groom Bell Co. Ky.
8. Birthplace of Groomís Father Ky.
9. Birthplace of Groomís mother Ky.
10. Name of Bride Elizabeth E. Best
11. Residence of Bride Lee Co. Ky.
12. Age of Bride 17 years of age
13. Number of Marriage of Bride first
14. Birthplace of Bride Estill Co. Ky.
15. Birthplace of Brideís Father Madison Co. Ky.
16. Birthplace of Brideís Mother Estill Co. Ky.
17. Remarks none
To be married at Kiziah Bestís
4th day of February, 1885
I Certify that the above is correct, to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Witness my hand this 4th day of February 1885
James F. Rainze
Attest: C. B. Hill
This is to Certify, that on
the 5th day of February, 1885,
the Rites of Matrimony, were legally solemnized by me between
James F. Rainze and Elizabeth E. Best
at Kiziah Bestís in the County of Lee, in the presence of E. D. Hughes, Robert Estes
Signed James Warner
A copy-Attest: C. B. Hill, clk.
[ Bios | Births | Cemeteries | Census | Deaths | Deeds | Home | Marriages | Photos | Queries | Wills ]
Our 2475th Visitor Since 29
Last updated Saturday, 01-Dec-2001 09:00:51 CST
Debi Houser Kendrick