Gladwin County, Michigan
Posted Queries for November 1996 thru September 1997
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- DAVID posted by Robert Frei on
Thursday, November 14, 1996
- I am tracing the family of Byron DAVID (1836-1908) & Sarah (1844 - 1928)of Gratiot
County. His progeny are scattered about the "middle of the mitten". He
purportedly ran a sawmill east of Ithaca in the latter part of the 19th century. Children
were Miles, Lewis, Eva, Lovina, Ora, Nora, Roy, Frank and Scofield.
- GROUT posted by Arlettia Fyfe on
Monday, December 2, 1996
- My Grandfather, Ernest Loy GROUT is shown as adopted on the 1880 censes by George C and
Martha GROUT of Gladwin County. I would like to hear from anyone with knowledge of this
family or how to gain adoption information from 1870 to 1880. He later was using the name
of Mathews/Matthews and said it was his "real name".
- LOREE, WILLIAMS posted by Judy Hull on Monday, December 9, 1996
- GEORGE LOREE, born Mar. 1873 the son of Henry WILLIAMS and Elizabeth LOREE. He was
raised by his uncle Joseph LOREE and took on the name LOREE. George LOREE and his wife
Anne lived in Gladwin Co. Butman twp in 1900 census and in Sage twp in 1920. I am trying
to find any information I can especially death record and burial.
- HARRIS, HUNT posted by James E and Eleanor Allen on Friday, December 20, 1996
- Minnie Harris, Gladwin Co., Butman township-grandmother. Died appox. 1955. Her mother's
last name was Hunt. Would also like to know where she was born.
- LUTZE posted by Djl457 on
Wednesday, December 25, 1996
- I am attempting to trace my roots on my fathers side and am having a difficult time. My
grandfather, James Bernard Lutze, was born in Gladwin MI in 1907 or 1908 to Rollie and
Mae(Blackwood) Lutze. I am having a difficult time finding any thing out about My great
grandfather. What I do know is he left the family when my grandfather was small and no one
knows what happened to him. I would appreciate any and all information regarding the
Lutze's of Gladwin County. Thanks.
- HYATT posted by Betty Hompoth on
Friday, February 7, 1997
- I am searching for a HYATT family who lived in Mecosta County from 1829 and on. I
understand they moved to Elk Rapids somewhere around the 1890's. I would be ever so
greatful if someone new of a HYATT from this area.
- JUSTIN, MCCLINTOCK
posted by Lorrie (Justin) Primm on Tuesday, March 4, 1997
- I am interested in finding out about the surname JUSTIN. I think they came to St. Clair
county around 1830-1840. My branch of the family moved to Gladwin Mi., but I dont know
when. Some of the names I have heard are: William, Charles, Alonzo, Herbert, and Richard.
One female was Nina . Herbert(my great grandfather) married a Josie MCCLINTOCK, but I dont
know when or where. Thank you for you help. I am also searching for any information on the
first white woman to settle in the Alpena area. I was told that she was related to on my
fathers side of the family. I am not sure if her married name was JUSTIN, or if that was
her maiden name. I was told that the JUSTIN family came to Michigan from New York by way
of Lake Erie on a steamboat in 1837. They settled in St. Clair county and I have found
some names on the roster of Mich. Civil War Vets. I am interested in finding out if I am
really related to this woman. I believe she would be related to William, Issac, and Alonzo
JUSTIN. She could also be related (perhaps grandmother or great-grandmother),to a Richard
JUSTIN who was killed at the Soo Locks aboard a ship on July 14, 1914. The name I have for
the ship is a John S. Manuel, but I think this was a name given to it at a later date. I
have also heard of a Solomon JUSTIN but have no further details on him. I know that my
great-grand- father was Herbert JUSTIN from Gladwin County, and my grandfather was Donald
Alonzo JUSTIN born in Gladwin. However I dont know my great grandfather, I believe it was
Alonzo JUSTIN, because the name is unusual, but would like confirmation. Thank you for
your help, my parents and grandparents are deceased, so I can't find out anymore than
these things that were told to me when I was a child. Thanks again.
- TAYLOR posted by Robert J. Taylor
on Wednesday, May 14, 1997
- Looking for family (obituary?) of Kenneth Gordon TAYLOR, died 22 Nov. 1993, at
Beaverton, Gladwin Co.
- MUELLER, RICHTER, WEINHOLT posted by Monica Erickson
on Monday, July 21, 1997
- WEINHOLT, Joseph m. Frederica Caroline (RICHTER) MUELLER. Frederica had two daughters
from previous marriage - Edith and Lena RICHTER. Joseph and Frederica WEINHOLT relocated
from Eganville, Ont., Canada to Beaverton area ca 1894. Any information would be greatly
- ROBINSON, URE posted by Cathy Geisler on Friday, September 26, 1997
- Is there a place called Springwell in Michigan? According to family members, William
ROBINSON who married Jane URE in 1865, lived in Springwell for a while before moving to
Canada. I would appreciate any pointers to Springwell. Tia
For questions about this page contact Beth Wills at firstname.lastname@example.org.
and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper,
an application written by Patty Lindsay.
This page was last updated on: Sunday, 11-Apr-1999 05:57:33 PDT