City of Mason



Ash Street looking West, MASON, Mich.
Post Card mailed from Mason, Mich. on Aug. 1, 1910

(Click on this smaller image to view both sides of the post card.)



The city of Mason, the seat of justice for the county of Ingham, occupies a position near the centre thereof, in the township of Vevay, out of which it takes four sections, ---- viz., 4, 5, 8, and 9. The small stream known as Sycamore Creek flows through the city from south to north, and in days gone by the limited power which it furnished was utilized, but for the better health of the citizens the dam was removed and the mill-pond drained. Bordering the creek on the east is a high gravel ridge, or moraine, which is mentioned elsewhere. From it is obtained a plentiful supply of gravel, for use upon the streets of the city. Many excellent improvements are noted within the limits of this city, and its business buildings rank with those in much larger places in point of architecture and size. Enterprise is nearly everywhere manifest, and the aim of the citizens appears to be to place their home in the front rank among the lesser cities of Michigan. Constant improvements are beingm made, which require liberal outlays of the wealth which in forty years has been accumulated.


Early Settlement

Banks

Plats and Additions

Manufacturers

Post Office

Societies and Orders

Village and City Incorporation, Etc.

Mason Light Guards

Fire Department

Band

Mineral Well

Opera House

Hotels

Schools

Newspapers

Religious

Biographical Sketches
    Minos McRobert, M. D.

    Wm. P. Robbins












Sondra Higbee


Graphics provided by:

Kat's Graphics
Old Fashioned Clip Art