Township -- formed on 31 March 1866
Alabaster-first settler 1863
Oak Wood Shores
Sable Township-- formed on 16 February 1857
Township -- formed on 06 March 1869
Township -- formed on 01 May 1877
Township -- formed on 21 January 1867
Township -- formed on 17 March 1869
Au Sable-first platted village 1849
Foote Site Village
Oscoda-village platted 1867
Township -- formed on 15 October 1867
Township -- formed on 15 January 1885
Township -- formed on 15 October 1877
Township -- formed on 16 February 1857
Township -- formed on 20 February 1878
|Ausable, MI - first
settled by fisherman at the mouth of the AuSable River in 1849, considered
the first settlement by white men in
the county. The population was stated to be 1500 in 1872. A financial disaster and the 1911 fire destroyed the town and it became part
Edson, MI - located in Grant Twp., it once had a sawmill to support it. One source says the p.o. closed in 1905 and another in 1918.
Ogemaw, MI - located in Grant Twp. in 1877. The post office was open from 1868 to 1875.
Siloam, MI - located in Reno Twp. The first post office opened in 1889. Called Cooper's Crossing by the railroad.
Wilber, MI - listed as having a population of 200 in 1890, only 20 remained by 1918.
Doan, MI - settlement's mail came to AuSable.
Five Channels - Located on the AuSable River - post office was 1912-1913
Turtle - was a flag station for the D & M Railroad - post office from 1901 to 1908
Vaughn - was also a flag station for D & M Railroad - no dates found
Robinson - mail was through Alabaster about 1910
Slingerland - mail also came through Alabaster
Serradella - N.E. of Tawas on the D & M Railroad line - had a post office in 1918
Spenser's Mill - Plainfield Twp. - had a sawmill in 1876
Taft - was a flag station for the Detroit & Mackinaw Railroad in 1894