The History of
Genesee County, MI
Online Edition by Holice, Deb & Clayton
GENERAL MOTORS EMERGENCY HOSPITAL.
An institution which is proving of value to the industrial center of Flint is the General Motors emergency Hospital, operated in connection with the welfare department by the General Motors corporation, which was opened January 17, 1916. Pending the removal to a permanent hospital plant and which will be ready for occupancy about January 1, 1917, the present hospital is located on the building formerly erected as a station buy the Detroit United Railway, on Hamilton Avenue. Dr. David L. Treat, formerly of Adrian, Michigan, was placed in charge of the welfare work and is assisted by Dr. M. R., Sutton and Dr. J. W. Lillie, with Miss Jessie Scott as head nurse. The number of emergency cases cared for each month average two thousand, or about one hundred a day, the more serious cases being cared for at Hurley Hospital.
History of Genesee
County, Michigan, Her People, Industries and Institutions
Transcribed by Holice B. Young
HTML by Deb
You are the 1942nd Visitor to this USGenNet Safe-Site™ Since March 1, 2002.
[Index][MI AHGP][MI ALHN][AHGP]