Lapeer County, MI
Posted Queries for May. thru Aug. 1998
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
posted by Donna Christian on Monday, May 4, 1998
- Searching for descendents or relatives of Elizabeth McGINNIS. Married Lawrence Dennis BURKE on April 15, 1890 in Lapeer, MI. at the Immaculate Conception Church. Elizabeth died in 1926, do not know if they had children. Any info. would be appreciated. email@example.com
posted by Matthew J. Murray on Friday, May 8, 1998
- Grover Carlton MURRAY, b. Nov. 28, 1889, d. Sept. 6, 1935 in Bartley, WV.. Parents: ? John Murray, Mary ?, Brothers: ? Clyde and Tate ? Any info. would be appreciated. firstname.lastname@example.org
- CAMPBELL, SYPHER
posted by Thomas Palmer on Saturday, May 2, 1998
- Looking for information/correspondence on SYPHER and CAMPBELL families of Lapeer County. Rufus SYPHER and Rebecca FOWLER SYPHER moved to Lapeer County from Oxford County, Ontario about 1865. Rufus died in 1904, and he and Rebecca are buried in North Branch. Rufus was the son of a John SYPHER, who died March 12, 1894 in North Branch. There is some connection between these SYPHERs and a Peter SYPHER who lived in the southwest part of the county. Rufus and Rebecca's son, Walter, maried Martha Elizabeth CAMPBELL in 1888 Martha was the daughter of Nathaniel and Mary CAMPBELL of Attica. I am the great-grandson of Walter and Martha. Nathaniel and Mary came to Lapeer County from Wisconsin after the Civil War. Does anyone know these families? email@example.com
posted by Sherry Shaffer on Tuesday, May 5, 1998
- Searching Alfred, John, Maximihan CHASE in Lapeer County; No. Branch area. Any info. would be appreciated. Shaffer3@prodigy.net
- ELWOOD, SAGE
posted by Russell C. Sage on Sunday, June 7, 1998
- Sylvester Flint Ross SAGE (26 Apr 1834 Huntington Twp., Lorain Co., OH) and his wife, Mary E. ELWOOD migrated to Otisville, Lapeer Co., MI after their marriage 26 Apr, 1858 Huntington Twp., Lorain Co., OH). (Otisville may no longer exist.) I would appreciate any info and to contact any descendants which may still be in the area.
posted by Maria Minear on Monday, June 8, 1998
- Trying to find parents of John Henry Killenbeck, born April 25, 1870, in La Pere City, Michigan. He moved to North Dakota in 1895.
posted by Sherry Shaffer on Monday, June 8, 1998
- Looking for info or relatives: Thomas Bennett b.ireland married Sarahb. in ireland, child is William b. 18o6 d. 12-27-1890 burnside twsp cemetary married Margaret Mcfarland. They had the following: Thomas 1848, Nancy Ellen 1855, Sarah 1858, andrew 1856, Janet 1862, william 1860, john E 1864, Mary jane 1864, james 1871, lucreta 1876 Any info. is appreciated.
- BOLGER, McGUIRE
posted by Carolyn McGuire on Friday, June 12, 1998
- MICHAEL HENRY MCGUIRE married MARY E. BOLGER (from Kent Co. Ireland) abt. 1880. He was the son of JOHN PATRICK MCGUIRE and ROSE O'KEEFE. Michael and Mary spent most of their married life in Mount Clements, Hessel, Yale and Clifford Michigan. Michael died in 1924 and Mary in 1926 and are buried in the Catholic Cem. in Clifford. Known children were Rose, Frank, James, John Patrick and Charles Thomas. Any further information on this family or descendants would be highly appreciated.
posted by Chris Allen Leach on Saturday, June 13, 1998
- I am looking for more information on the Allen family. My grandfatther is Clare G. Allen. He is one of 6 siblings: Clyde, Claude, Harold, Eva and Anna. Their parents are George Stephan Allen and Martha Beckett. George Stephan had at least one other brother: Arthur. George Stephan and Arthur moved from Elba, Lapeer County to Alger in Aranac County prior to 1905. Any information will be appreciated.
posted by Tim Merrill on Saturday, June 20, 1998
- Am looking for info. on the LYON family living in Lapeer in the 1840s and 1850s. I know that Alice Lyon was born Sept 20, 1851. Her father was L.M.Lyon (Lucius?) and mother's maiden name KETTREDGE. Alice married Francis WARNER and moved to Saginaw in the 1870s.
- MAINWARING, WARRING
posted by Shari Bruce on Sunday, July 5, 1998
- Seeking descendants of Adam MAINWARING, wife Susan PLATT. They were married 1808 New Jersey. Reported to have settled Dryden, Michigan, probably after 1836. Name has also been reported in other research as Andrew MAINWARING and Adam WARRING. Any help appreciated!
- CROCKER, LAZENBY
posted by Robin Radcliffe on Saturday, July 18, 1998
- Seeking additional information on Joseph Peter LAZENBY b.Nov. 15, 1886 in Sanilac Co., MI. m. March 18, 1907 Anna May CROCKER b. July 4, 1887. Joseph's parents = William LAZENBY b. Ontario, Canada. m. Jane B. KELLY, b. Ontario, Canada. Anna's parents = James William CROCKER b. Aug. 1844 in Oxford, Eng., residing in Norwich, Ont., Canada at m. Eliza A. ADAMSON b. July 6, 1846 in Canada, residing in Derhamn Ont, Canada at m.. James and Eliza both buried at Maplegrove Cem., No.Branch, MI..
- BASS, TEEPLE, VANDERPOOL, WILSON
posted by Montgomery Vanderpool on Saturday, July 18, 1998
- Seeking additional Info.. My Grandmother was Susan BASS b. abt. 1878 Canada, d. 1907 Lapeer Co., MI., m. Ambrose VANDERPOOL in Lapeer Co., MI.. dau. of Thomas BASS b. England and Lydia TEEPLE b. Canada. Both died Lapeer, MI.. Thomas parent= Robert BASS and Elizabeth WILSON. Lydia parents= George TEEPLE and Margaret TEMPLEMAN, both buried Lapeer Co., MI.
- CASLER, COOK, KING, TURNER
posted by Joe Cook on Wednesday, July 22, 1998
- Seeking additional information. Philo COOK m. Lydia , children Jane, John, Loren R., Emily A., came to Lapeer Co., MI. from Milo, Yates Co., NY abt. 1862, settled in Deerfield Twp., Cook descendents live in this area today.
posted by Chris Allen Leach on Thursday, July 23, 1998
- Looking for info. on Martha BECKETT of Elba Twp. b. May 3, 1868, m. George Stephen ALLEN Nov. 25, 1888. They moved to Alger, Aranac Co., MI. abt. 1905.
- CAMPBELL, GUTHRIE, LYNCH, WALLACE
posted by Tammy Jackson on Thursday, August 6, 1998
- In the book "Pioneer Familes of Lapeer County Michigan" by: J Dee Ellis, the GUTHRIE, LYNCH and WALLACE family information is fairly extensive. However it is the only information I have found. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also searching CAMPBELL, MIDDLEDITCH, MOORE, WILLIAMS.
- HART, HARTT, LONDON, WESCOTT
posted by Susan Hartt on Friday, August 7, 1998
- Job HARTT, sometimes spelled HART (born in US abt. 1791) lived in Caradoc Twp., Ontario in 1850's. His wife, Sara WESCOTT, was born in the US or Canada. His children, Rebecca b. 1819 (m. NAGLE), Anna b. 1820 (m. SLEE then NEEVES), Jonathan b. 1822, Nicholas b. 1824 (m. LONDON), Allen b. 1826,
John b. 1818, Elizabeth b. 1830 (m. MARTIN), Hariett b. 1832 (m. GRAVES), Sarah b. 1834 (m. HETLEY), Isaac b. 1836, Enoch b. 1838 (m. JEFFREY), William b. 1840, Edward J. b. 1840 (m.JEFFREY). Some of Job's children settled in Tuscola County after the Civil War, then spread to other places in MI. They are also found in Lapeer
and Sanilac. Some, especially descendants of Enoch, moved to Florida in the early years of this century. Some of Enoch's and Nicholas' descendants are in contact with each other and we are trying to locate others. If you wish to share data, please contact me. Susan Hartt - San Jose, CA.
- BUSH, EATON, HAINES
posted by Keli Spears Copeland on Friday, August 14, 1998
- Researching the Lapeer Co. Abel Willard Haines SR family. Abel b 1843, married Nellie EATON (her parents: Orville EATON and Diane FRANKLIN EATON). Children of Abel and Nellie HAINES: Mae Elizabeth (STEINBRINK) b 18 Feb 1870 Almont MI d. 23 NOV 1965 Lapeer MI. Etta (WELCH) b. 01 Nov 1871? d 18 OCT 1964 Lum MI. Burton J b. ? d. 23 Nov 1957 Pontiac MI. Carrie (BRAINERD) b. 26 Feb 1876 d. 24 Jul 1965 Lum MI. Manilla (FLANSBURG) b. 26 Nov 1879 d. 06 Nov 1981 Lum MI. Abel W. b. 20 Dec 1881 d. 28 Dec 1966 Oaklnad County MI (married Pearl I BUSH - my ggrandparents) Nellie (Charles Roy CRELLEY) b. 1885 d. 1949. Lots of information I would love to share, Keli Spears Copeland.
- ALDRICH, RUDOLPH, SCHWERIN, STOVER
posted by Jim Sherrill on Saturday, August 22, 1998
- Searching for descendants and relatives. Also looking for info. on Wesley STOVER and Ernest ALDRICH.
- ANGLE, GASTON, HARPER, MING
posted by William E. Angle on Saturday, August 22, 1998
- Thanks to Lapeer Co. GenWeb I have found info previously sought and a long lost cousin! Seek info on Robert C. ANGLE, b. 1811, NJ m. Sarah Ann MING, b. 1814, NJ. Children: William J., b. abt 1834, NJ John M., b. Oct 5, 1835, NJ, d. Nov 4, 1904, Dryden, MI, m. Nancy Jane GASTON (of Addison, MI), b. Jun 20, 1842, PA, d. Feb 15, 1904, Dryden, MI Issac, b. abt 1836, NJ Malcom, b. abt 1839, NJ
James M. b. Jan 29, 1841, NJ d. May 11, 1901, MI Alexander, b. abt 1843, NJ Nelson, b. abt 1846, NJ Robert L., b. abt 1849, NJ Irene, b. Dec 27, 1856, NJ, d. Nov 1931, Flint, MI, m. William C. HARPER, Dec 27, 1874, Lapeer Co. ALSO, info on children of John M. and Nancy Jane: Ettie V., Clarence E. Evert G. Russell J. & Vernon E. (All born in Lapeer Co. btwn 1865 & 1882).
- GORSLINE, McTavish, PROVOST
posted by Dennis Provost on Monday, August 24, 1998
- Looking for info on about my mother's family. Her parents was Charles Calvin Gorsline (b. 1874 Canada and d. 1959 in Lapeer Co.)and Isabell McTavish Gorsline (b.1880 and d. 1950 Lapeer Co.). Charles' parents were Calvin Richard Gorsline (b. c/ 1854) and Mary Bonnett Gorsline. Isabell's parents were Tavish McTavish (b.1834 d. MI) and Susanah Miller McTavish. They live in Burnside Twp, Lapeer Co., MI. My mother was Vera Gorsline. She married William Ellsworth Provost. Other children of Charles and Isabell were: Marie, Myrel, Maurice, John, Hugh, Lula, and Lois Gorsline. All born between 1900 and 1921. Contact at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DAVIDSON, GRIGGS, HART, NASH, RIGGS, VANCE
posted by William E. Angle on Saturday, August 22, 1998
- Seeking information on the family and descendants of William HART, b. Sept. 1792 in NY, moving on to Lapeer county early 1800's and residing there until his death. Married to POLLY, last name unknown. Children: Alonzo, Truman, Charles, Ansel, Sabrina and Mary. Mary married, Paul DAVIDSON. Truman married Sabrina NASH. Alonzo married Amanda GRIGGS. Ansel married Clementine RIGGS. Charles married Edith VANCE. Have much information on the ancestors of William and of his brother, Truman Hart who settled in Iowa. Would be delighted to correspond with descendants of his/and or learn ANY information pertaining to them. They were residents of Hadley. Contact at: TheZ@ix.netcon.com
For questions about this page contact
Ron or Debbie.
[The USGenWeb Project]
[Oakland County MichiganGenWeb Page][Saginaw County MichiganGenWeb Page]
This page was last updated Saturday, 4 August 2001
© Copyright 1997 - 2001 MapleCreek by Ron Eason