Saginaw County Cemeteries

Albee Twp. | Birch Run Twp. | Brady Twp. | Brant Twp | Blumfield Twp | Bridgeport Twp. | Buena Vista Twp. |

Carrollton Twp. |  Chapin Twp. | Chesaning Twp. | Frankenmuth Twp | Fremont Twp. | James Twp. | Jonesfield Twp |

Kochville Twp.Lakefield Twp. | MapleGrove Twp.|  Marion Twp.| Richland Twp.| Saginaw Twp. |  City Frankenmuth |

City Saginaw | St. Charles Twp. | Spaulding Twp. | Swan Creek Twp. |  Taymouth Twp. | Thomas Twp. | Tittabawassee Twp. |

Zilwaukee Twp.

This information compiled about the cemeteries of Saginaw County was taken from a number of resources. Some of this information was compiled by the individual township supervisors of the county in the late 1960's and provided to us by Patrick Bohinski. (Thank you Patrick for taking the time to provide me with this valuable information.) I have taken this information and done some additional research to assist those in locating the burial places of people who lived in Saginaw County. If you have any further information or any comments or corrections, please let me know.


ALBEE TOWNSHIP
Albee Twp Supervisor
10639 Bishop Road
St. Charles, MI  48655

East Pinegrove Cemetery was established in 1875 and is located on Section 35, 1 1/2 miles west of M 13 on W. Burt Road. The cemetery is about 2 acres in size. It is owned by the township and records are held by the township supervisor.

West Pinegrove Cemetery (West Albee Cemetery ) was established in 1865 and is located on Section 32, 5 miles west of M13 on W. Burt Road. It is about 2 acres in size. The cemetery is owned by the township and records are held by the township supervisor.

St. Mary Cemetery is located on section 29, 5 miles west of M13 on W. Birch Run Road. It is about 2 acres in size and is owned by St. Mary's Church. The records are held at the St. Mary's Church office.

Darling Family Cemetery is located on the NE 1/4 of the NE 1/4 of Section 26. This tiny family plot with only 14 burials is found on a sand ridge about 1000 feet south of Birch Run Road on the west side of East Road.

Return to the top of the page


BIRCH RUN TOWNSHIP
Birch Run Township Office
8425 Main St.  Box 152
Birch Run, MI  48415

Saginaw Co. Cemeteries Books are available from:

Saginaw Genelogical Society
Publications Chairman
505 Janes Ave
Saginaw MI 48607

Book 2- $7.00 - Oakgrove Cemetery, Bridgeport, Pinegrove Cemetery, Bridgeport Township, St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery, Bridgeport Township, Birch Run Township Cemetery and Hammond Cemetery, Birch Run Township published 1982;

 

Hammond Cemetery is located on the North side of Busch Road between Block and Gera roads.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860 :
Hammond cemetery, Birch Run twp. Timbertown Log 4 4 Summer 1976

Birch Run Cemetery is located on the SW 1/4 of Section 21 on Dixie Highway between Canada and Birch Run Roads.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 48607

Birch Run twp. cemetery Timbertown Log 6 2 Winter 1978
Birch Run twp. cemetery Timbertown Log 6 3 Spring 1978
Birch Run twp. cemetery Timbertown Log 6 4 Summer 1978
Birch Run twp. cemetery Timbertown Log 7 1 Fall 1978
Birch Run twp. cemetery Timbertown Log 7 2 Winter 1979 ]

Pierce Cemetery is a tiny family plot holding 11 marked graves of the Pierce family. It is located at the center of the SW 1/4 of Section 19 about 3/4 mile west and 1/4 mile north of the village of Birch Run in a 30 ft. x 40 ft. fenced plot on the Vaughn farm.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Pierce cemetery, Birch Run Flint Genealogical Quarterly 15 1 January 1973
Pierce cemetery, Birch Run twp. Timbertown Log 13 4 Summer 1985

Return to the top of the page


BRADY TOWNSHIP
Brady Township Clerk
15150 W. Peet Road
Oakley, MI  48649

This information is available at the Library of Michigan in Lansing, Michigan

Oakley Cemetery / Lois Palaszeski.(1993)
St. Michael's Cemetery and Oak Grove Cemetery, Oakley, MI.(1986)

Griffus Cemetery was established in 1865 and is located in Section 9 on Baldwin Road. The cemetery is about 2 acres in size and owned by the township. The records are held at the township clerk's office.

Ridge Road Cemetery was established in 1850. It is located in Section 32 on Ridge Road. The cemetery is about 7 acres in size and is owned by the township. The records are held at the township clerk's office.

Oak Grove Cemetery was established in 1850 and is located on Section 36 in the village of Oakley. It is about 12 acres in size and is owned by the township. The records are held at the township clerk's office.

Catholic Cemetery is a privately owned cemetery located in the village of Oakley. It is about 3 acres in size. The St. Michael Catholic Church in Oakley was founded in 1875 and is located at 509 Parshall St, Oakley 48649-0075. Phone: (517) 845-3545, Fax (517) 845-5499

Return to the top of the page


BRANT TOWNSHIP
Brant Township Clerk
9812 S. Hemlock Road
St. Charles, MI  48655

Brant Township Cemetery was established in 1866 and is located on section 21-16, on both sides of Brant Road, 1/4 mile east of Brant and Brennan Roads. The cemetery is about 7 1/2 acres in size and is owned by the township. The records are held by the township clerk.

Saginaw Co. Cemeteries Books are available from:
Saginaw Genelogical Society
Publications Chairman
505 Janes Ave
Saginaw MI 48607

Book 4- $6.00 - Brant Township Cemetery, Taymouth Township Cemetery, Wheaton(Indian) Cemetery, Taymouth Township published 1982.

This information is available at the Library of Michigan in Lansing, Michigan
Tombstone inscriptions, Brant Cemetery, Brant Township, Saginaw County, Michigan(1980)

Return to the top of the page


BLUMFIELD TOWNSHIP
Blumfield Township Clerk
1175 Vassar Rd.
Reese, MI  48757

Saginaw Co. Cemeteries Books are available from:
Saginaw Genelogical Society
Publications Chairman
505 Janes Ave
Saginaw MI

Book 5- $7.50 - West Side Cemetery, Freeland; St. Johannis, Frankentrost; Bethlehem Lutheran; Richland Twp.

Eastlawn Cemetery was established in 1961 and is located on section 30 at 7475 Holland Road. The cemetery is owned by KAL Management, Inc. and the records are held at the cemetery address. This is a large, 38 acre cemetery.

St. Johns (or St.Johannis)  is located on the west side of S. Beyer Road, 3/4 mile south on M-46 on section 32. 

Frankentrost Cemetery is listed in the 1877 Atlas of Saginaw County as a small cemetery at the corner of Holland and Mueller Roads, on the Immanuel Lutheran Church Property. It is reported that a number of unmarked burials are at this site. This cemetery is not listed in the 1991 edition of the Michigan Cemetery Atlas. Started in 1872 as a private corporation by men from Frankentrost. Complaints from the neighbors of the cemetary at Immanuel Lutheran on Holland and Mueller Rds, led the church fathers to stop burials at that corner and start the Beyer Rd site. Also started another church cemetary south of the tracks on Mueller Rd. on church property. This was closed in the 1930's and most bodies moved.

St. Elizabeth Cemetery is located at the site of the first St. Elizabeth church. It is located on the SW corner of Section 13 on North Block Road. The cemetery was established in 1870 and is owned by St. Elizabeth Church in Reese. The records are held by the church which is located actually located in Tuscola County rather than Saginaw County.

Trinity Lutheran Cemetery is located on Section 13 on the south side of Wadsworth Road just west of Reese. The records for this cemetery are held at the Trinity Lutheran Church office.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Trinity Lutheran cemetery, Blumfield twp. Timbertown Log 12 3 Spring 1984
Trinity Lutheran cemetery, Blumfield twp. Timbertown Log 12 4 Summer 1984

Blumfield Township Cemetery is on the southwest corner of Gera Rd and M-15 in
>section 22. Records for this are with the township clerk

Janson Cemetery is a  small cemetary on Bradley rd. east of S. Beyer,  there are other families
buried there. It began in 1866 on the Janson farm for a baby and mother.

*There is a small cemetery on the north side of Bradley Road, about 1/2 mile east of North Beyer Road where several of the members of the Eisenhauer family are buried.

*There are also reportedly a few burials in Section 32 west of Meuller Road and south of the C & O Rail Road.

 

Return to the top of the page


BRIDGEPORT TOWNSHIP
Bridgeport Township Office
6206 Dixie Highway
PO Box 319
Bridgeport, MI  48722

Saginaw Co. Cemeteries Books are available from:
Saginaw Genelogical Society
Publications Chairman
505 Janes Ave
Saginaw MI 48607

Book 2- $7.00 - Oakgrove Cemetery, Bridgeport, Pinegrove Cemetery, Bridgeport Township, St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery, Bridgeport Township, Birch Run Township Cemetery and Hammond Cemetery, Birch Run Township published 1982;

Pinegrove Cemetery was established in 1886 and is located 1 mile north of Frankenmuth Junction. This 6 acre cemetery is owned by the township and the records are held at the Bridgeport Charter Township Office.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Pinegrove cemetery, Bridgeport twp. Timbertown Log 5 1 Fall 1976
Pinegrove cemetery, Bridgeport twp. Timbertown Log 5 2 Winter 1977
Pinegrove cemetery, Bridgeport twp. Timbertown Log 5 3 Spring 1977
Pinegrove cemetery, Bridgeport twp. Timbertown Log 5 4 Summer 1977

St. Mary's Cemetery was established in 1889 and is located on 2 acres on Section 29, 1/4 mile north of E. Curtis Road on Dorwood Road. The cemetery is owned by Assumption of Blesed Virgin Mary Catholic Church and the records are held at Mt. Olivet Cemetery in Saginaw.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

St. Mary's Catholic cemetery, Bridgeport twp. Timbertown Log 4 2 Winter 1976

Oak Grove (Oak Wood) Cemetery was established in 1843 while a part of Saginaw Township. A committee was selected at a July 1, 1843 township meeting to select a burying ground near the Cass River. This 4 acre cemetery is located on Section 16, one block north of State Street on Dixie Highway. The cemetery is owned by the township and the records are held at the Bridgeport Charter Township Office.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Oak Grove cem. burial & sexton rcds., Bridgeport Timbertown Log 18 4 Summer 1990
Oak Grove cem., burial & sexton records, 1880-81 Timbertown Log 21 1 Fall 1992
Oak Grove cemetery Timbertown Log 22 4 1994
Oak Grove cemetery burial and sexton records Timbertown Log 19 1 Fall 1990
Oak Grove cemetery recs., 1882 Timbertown Log 22 3 1994
Oak Grove cemetery, Bridgeport Timbertown Log 19 3 Spring 1991
Oak Grove cemetery, Bridgeport Timbertown Log 19 4 Summer 1991
Oakgrove cemetery burial and sexton records Timbertown Log 20 2 Winter 1991
Oakgrove cemetery, Bridgeport twp. Timbertown Log 2 3 Spring 1974
Oakgrove cemetery, burial and sexton recs. Timbertown Log 20 3 Spring 1992
Oakgrove cemetery, burial and sexton recs. Timbertown Log 20 4 Summer 1992
Oakwood cemetery, military burials Timbertown Log 15 2 Winter 1986
Oakwood cemetery, military burials Timbertown Log 15 3 Spring 1987
Oakwood cemetery, military burials Timbertown Log 15 4 Summer 1987
Oakwood cemetery, military burials Timbertown Log 16 1 Fall 1987
Oakwood cemetery, military burials Timbertown Log 16 2 Winter 1987

Return to the top of the page


BUENA VISTA TOWNSHIP
Buena Vista Township Office
1160 S. Outer Drive
Saginaw, MI  48601

Saginaw Co. Cemeteries Books are available from:
Saginaw Genelogical Society
Publications Chairman
505 Janes Ave
Saginaw MI

Book 6- $7.50 - Buena Vista Twp; Kochville Methodist; Owen; Bethel Lutheran; Frankenmuth Twp; St. John's Lutheran

Buena Vista Cemetery was established in 1883 and is located on 5 acres on section 27, between Holland and Hess Roads on Airport Road. The cemetery is owned by the township and the records are held at the township clerk's office.

*There is a small cemetery located on Outer Drive, north of Janes Road. The 1991 Michigan Cemetery Atlas does not show this cemetery.

Return to the top of the page


CHESANING TOWNSHIP
Chesaning Township Office
1025 W. Brady Rd.
Chesaning, MI  48616

Wildwood Cemetery is a large cemetery of 31 1/2 acres located on Sharon and Ferden Roads. The cemetery is divided into three parts by two roads. The cemetery is owned by the township.

Saginaw Co. Cemeteries Books

Book 1- $8. 00 Wildwood Cemetery, Chesaning is available from:

Saginaw Genelogical Society
Publications Chairman
505 Janes Ave
Saginaw MI 48607

An article or articles about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Chesaning twp. mausoleum, Wildwood cemetery Timbertown Log 7 3 Spring 1979
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 10 1 Fall 1981
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 10 2 Winter 1982
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 10 3 Spring 1982
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 10 4 Summer 1982
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 11 1 Fall 1982
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 11 2 Winter 1983
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 11 3 Spring 1983
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 11 4 Summer 1983
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 12 1 Fall 1983
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 12 2 Winter 1984
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 12 3 Spring 1984
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 13 3 Spring 1985
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 8 1 Fall 1979
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 8 2 Winter 1980
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 8 3 Spring 1980
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 8 4 Summer 1980
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 9 1 Fall 1980
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 9 2 Winter 1981
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 9 3 Spring 1981
Wildwood cemetery, Chesaning twp. Timbertown Log 9 4 Summer 1981

Mt. Calvary Cemetery is located on 4.8 acres on Section 21, South Sharon Road. The cemetery is owned by Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church. The church was established in 1891. Records for this cemetery are held by Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church, 404 S. Wood Street, Chesaning, Michigan 48616-1399, Phone: (517) 845-6894, Fax (517) 845-7787

Return to the top of the page


CHAPIN TOWNSHIP
Chapin Township Clerk
19131 Ridge Road
Henderson, MI  48841

The County Atlas of 1896 as well as the 1963 Plat Book shows a cemetery on the west side of Fenmore Road, 1/4 mile south of Peet Road. This cemetery is shown on the same 6 acre lot with the town hall. The 1991 Michigan Cemetery Atlas shows this cemetery and is listed as "Unknown Cemetery". No further information is known about this cemetery.

Return to the top of the page


CARROLLTON TOWNSHIP
Carrollton Township Office
1645 S. Outer Drive
Saginaw, MI  48601

There are no known cemeteries in Carrollton Township

Return to the top of the page


FRANKENMUTH TOWNSHIP
Frankenmuth Township Office
218 W. Genesee
PO Box 245
Frankenmuth, MI  48734

St. John Lutheran Cemetery was established in 1860 and is located on 4 acres of Section 10, on Dehmel Road between King and Baker Roads. The cemetery is owned by St. John Lutheran Church and the records are held by the church.

Saginaw Co. Cemeteries Books are available from:

Saginaw Genelogical Society
Publications Chairman
505 Janes Ave
Saginaw MI

Book 6- $7.50 - Buena Vista Twp; Kochville Methodist; Owen; Bethel Lutheran; Frankenmuth Twp; St. John's Lutheran

St. Lorenz Lutheran Cemetery

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

St. Lorenz Luth. cemetery Timbertown Log 14 4 Summer 1986
St. Lorenz Luth. cemetery, Frankenmuth Timbertown Log 15 1 Fall 1986
St. Lorenz Luth. cemetery, Frankenmuth Timbertown Log 15 2 Winter 1986
St. Lorenz Luth. cemetery, Frankenmuth twp. Timbertown Log 15 3 Spring 1987
St. Lorenz Luth. cemetery, Frankenmuth twp. Timbertown Log 15 4 Summer 1987
St. Lorenz Luth. cemetery, Frankenmuth twp. Timbertown Log 16 2 Winter 1987
St. Lorenz Lutheran cemetery Timbertown Log 16 1 Fall 1987

 

Frankenmuth Township Cemetery was established in 1860 and is located on approximately 1 1/2 acres of Section 27. The address of the cemetery is 10440 W. Tuscola. The cemetery is owned by the township and records are held at the township clerk's office.

Olive Branch Methodist Cemetery was established in 1900 and is located on 1 3/4 acres of Section 31, 7865 Dixie Highway.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Olive Branch Methodist cemetery, Frankenmuth twp. Timbertown Log 12 3 Spring 1984
Olive Branch Methodist cemetery, Frankenmuth twp. Timbertown Log 4 3 Spring 1976

Campau Family Cemetery is a tiny family cemetery holding the remains of about 20 members of the Campau family. This cemetery is located in the west 1/2 of section 30. This tract of land was purchased from the government in 1835 by the Williams brothers. The land was sold in 1837 to Henry Campau. In 1969, the farm was owned by A. and R. VanWormer.

*A few grave markers are remembered to have been located less than a mile north of the city of Frankenmuth, east on Gera Road. The markers no longer exist.

Return to the top of the page


FREMONT TOWNSHIP
Fremont Township Clerk
15430 Nelson Rd.
St. Charles, MI  48655

Fremont Township Cemetery is a 3 acre cemetery that was established in 1865. The cemetery is located in Section 27 on Loven Road. The cemetery is owned by the township and the records are held at the township clerk's office.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Fremont twp. cemeteries Timbertown Log 14 1 Fall 1985
Fremont twp. cemetery Timbertown Log 13 4 Summer 1985

St. John Lutheran Cemetery is a 2 acre cemetery located in Section 2 on Pretzer Road. The cemetery is owned by St. John's Lutheran Church and records are held at the St. John's Rectory.

Pettis Burial Plot is located on the NE corner of Spencer and Rauchholtz roads. Members of the Pettis family were buried on this homestead. Family members report that "discarded grave markers were placed on the graves to mark the sites but they do not properly identify the occupants".

Return to the top of the page


JAMES TOWNSHIP
James Township Clerk
2590 Sierra Dr.
Saginaw, MI  48609

James Township Cemetery is a tiny little cemetery on less than an acre that was established in 1843 while the area was still a part of Saginaw Township. The cemetery is located 1/4 mile west of Center Road on a curve at the north side of Stroebel Road. The cemetery is owned by the township and what few records are available are held by the township clerk. It is reported that during the 1880, Jacob Stroebel who owned the adjoining land added 15 feet to the west side of the cemetery to inter members of his family. Jacob was initially buried there but his remains have since been removed.

An article or articles about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 48607

Cemetery, James twp. Timbertown Log 4 1 Fall 1975

*During World War II, fill sand was taken from a ridge south of Stroebel Road. This removal exposed a number of human remains. This area was most likely an early Indian burial ground. Another Indian burial site was found on the former Charles Bussinger farm, about 1000 feet south east of the Jordan School. Amateur archeologists located numerous artifacts and over 100 burials in this wind blown sand ridge.

Return to the top of the page


JONESFIELD TOWNSHIP
Jonesfield Township Clerk
22175 Gratiot Rd.
Merrill, MI  48637

The 1896 Atlas shows a cemetery one mile west of Merrill, on the east side of Fenmore Road, north of M-46 extending to the rail road. This cemetery does not show on the 1991 Michigan Cemetery Atlas.

*Several children are known to have been buried on what was the Sweeny farm, 1 1/2 miles north of Merrill.

Return to the top of the page


KOCHVILLE TOWNSHIP
Kochville Township Office
5851 Mackinaw
Saginaw, MI  48604

Saginaw Co. Cemeteries Books are available from:

Saginaw Genelogical Society
Publications Chairman
505 Janes Ave
Saginaw MI

Book 6- $7.50 - Buena Vista Twp; Kochville Methodist; Owen; Bethel Lutheran; Frankenmuth Twp; St. John's Lutheran

Kochville Methodist Cemetery is a 4 acre cemetery that was established in 1858. It is located in Section 34, on Bay and Kochville Roads. The cemetery is owned by the Kochville Methodist Church and records are held by the church.

United Methodist Cemetery is a 2 acre plot that was established in 1875. It is located in Section 32, on Lawndale and Kochville roads. Last known owner of the cemetery is listed as Mr. Harold Dill at 5875 Lawndale Road in Saginaw. Records were held by Mr. Dill.

*The Saginaw County Register of Deeds holds and interesting number of land transfer records that show the transfer of ownership of an area now know to be an Indian Burial Ground. The area is currently a part of the grounds of Saginaw Valley College. The land transfer that took place in 1878 between Leonard Walters and his wife and Francis Poierrier agree that there will be no further burials on this land. This land on the grounds of the Saginaw Valley College is near the old Indian Reservation just west of Davis Road.

LAKEFIELD TOWNSHIP
Lakefield Township Clerk
2390 S. Merrill Rd.
Merrill, MI  48637

Sacred Heart Cemetery was established in 1904 on 5 acres at the corner of South Fenmore Road and Roosevelt Road in Section 9. The cemetery is owned by Sacred Heart Church which was established in 1896. Cemetery records are held at Sacred Heart Church, 419 S. Midland Street, Merrill, Michigan 48637-0099, Phone: (517) 643-5366, Parish Center (517) 643-5940.

Lakefield Township Cemetery was established in 1891 on 8 acres located on S. Fenmore Road between Roosevelt and Lakefield Roads. The cemetery is owned by the township and the burial records are held at the township clerk's office.

Return to the top of the page


MAPLE GROVE TOWNSHIP
Maple Grove Township Clerk
1159 Ditch Rd.
New Lothrop, MI  48640

Maple Grove Cemetery was established prior to 1877 on approximately 2 1/2 acres in Section 22 on Bueche Road. The cemetery is owned by the township and the records are held by the township.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Maple Grove twp. cemetery Timbertown Log 1 3 Spring 1973

St. Michael's Cemetery was established in 1865 on 7 1/2 acres on Lincoln Road. The cemetery is split by Lincoln Road with 5 acres on the west side of the road and 2 1/2 acres on the east. The cemetery is owned by St. Michael's Catholic Church which was also established in 1865, and the records are held at the church office, 17994 Lincoln Rd, New Lothrop 48460-9600, Phone: (517) 845-7011, Fax (517) 845-4729.

Return to the top of the page


MARION TOWNSHIP
Marion Township Clerk
11530 S. Fenmore Rd.
Brant, MI  48614

Marion Township Cemetery was established in 1906 and is located on approximately 2 1/2 acres north of Marion Springs on Merrill Road. The cemetery is owned by the township.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Marion Springs twp. cemetery, Marion Springs Timbertown Log 18 4 Summer 1990
Marion Springs twp. cemetery, Merrill road Timbertown Log 19 2 Winter 1990

St. John's Lutheran Cemetery was established in 1890 on 13 1/2 acres in Section 27 on Merrill Road, south of Marion Springs. The cemetery is owned by St. John's Lutheran Church and the records are held at the church office.

St. John's Lutheran Cemetery was established in 1890 on approximately 2 1/2 acres in Section 23 on Merrill Road, north of Marion Springs. The cemetery is owned by St. John's Lutheran Church and the records are held at the church office.

*Originally there were two Lutheran churches in this township and each maintained it's own cemetery. In 1919, lightning destroyed one of the churches and the congregations united. Both cemeteries continued to be used.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Saint Johns Lutheran cemetery, Marion Springs Timbertown Log 19 3 Spring 1991

Sacred Heart Cemetery was established in 1893 on approximately 5 acres in Section 22 on Marion Road, west of Marion Springs. The cemetery is owned by Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 419 S Midland St, Merrill 48637-0099, Phone: (517) 643-5366.

St Mary Catholic Cemetery

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Saint Mary's Catholic cemetery, Marion Springs Timbertown Log 20 3 Spring 1992
Saint Mary's Catholic cemtery, Marion Springs Timbertown Log 20 4 Summer 1992
Saint Marys Cath. cemetery, Marion Springs Timbertown Log 20 2 Winter 1991
Saint Marys Catholic cem., Marion Springs Timbertown Log 20 1 Fall 1991

St. Theresa's Mission Cemetery -

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Saint Theresas Mission cemetery, Marion Springs Timbertown Log 19 2 Winter 1990

Return to the top of the page


RICHLAND TOWNSHIP
Richland Township Office
1140 N. Hemlock Road
Hemlock, MI  48626

Saginaw Co. Cemeteries Books are available from:

Saginaw Genelogical Society
Publications Chairman
505 Janes Ave
Saginaw MI

Book 5- $7.50 - West Side Cemetery, Freeland; St. Johannis, Frankentrost; Bethlehem Lutheran; Richland Twp.

Richland Lutheran Cemetery is located in Dice Road, between Hemlock and Raucholz Roads.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Richland Lutheran cemetery Timbertown Log 17 4 Summer 1989
Richland Lutheran cemetery Timbertown Log 18 1 Fall 1989
Richland Lutheran cemetery, Hemlock Timbertown Log 17 2 Winter 1988
Richland Lutheran cemetery, Hemlock Timbertown Log 17 3 Spring 1989

Richland Township Cemetery is a 14 acre plot located on the south side of M-46, 1/4 mile east of the village of Hemlock. The cemetery is owned by the township and records are held by the township clerk.

St. John's Lutheran Cemetery was established in 1896 on 20 acres located on Fordney Road between Ederer and Swan Creek Roads, south of the village of Hemlock.

St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery was established in 1896 on 40 acres located on M-46, 1 1/2 miles east of the village of Hemlock. The cemetery is owned by St. Mary Catholic Church which was founded in 1884. The records are held at the church office, 151 St Mary's Dr., Hemlock 48626-9614, Phone: (517) 642-5606, Fax (517) 642-5240.

Return to the top of the page


SAGINAW TOWNSHIP
Saginaw Township Office
PO Box 6400
Saginaw, MI  48603

Saginaw Co. Cemeteries Books are available from:

Saginaw Genelogical Society
Publications Chairman
505 Janes Ave
Saginaw MI

Book 5- $7.50 - West Side Cemetery, Freeland; St. Johannis, Frankentrost; Bethlehem Lutheran; Richland Twp.

Holy Cross Lutheran Cemetery was established in 1864 and is located on approximately 6 acres of Section 21 on Brockway Road near Hawthorne Drive. The cemetery is owned by Holy Cross Lutheran Church and the records are held by the church office.

Bethlehem Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery was established in 1860 on a little over two acres of Section 11 on Hermansau Road near Starlight Drive. The cemetery is owned by Bethlehem Lutheran Church and the records are held at the church office.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public  Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI  48607

Bethlehem Lutheran cemetery Timbertown Log 12 4 Summer 1984
Bethlehem Lutheran cemetery Timbertown Log 13 1 Fall 1984
Bethlehem Lutheran cemetery Timbertown Log 13 2 Winter 1985 ]

St. Andrew's Catholic Cemetery was established in 1886 on 34 acres of Section 29 on Gratiot Road. The cemetery is owned by the Diocese of Saginaw and the records are held by the church - 612 N Michigan Ave,
Saginaw 48602-4387, Phone: (517) 754-0487, Fax (517) 754-0308

Roselawn Memorial Gardens was established in 1929 on 81 acres of Section 28. The cemetery is located 1/2 mile west of the Saginaw City limits on Gration Road. The cemetery is owned by KAL Cemetery Management, Inc. and the records are held at 950 N. Center Road, Saginaw, Michigan

Oakwood Cemetery was established in 1868 on nearly 100 acres of Section 30 on Gratiot and Midland Roads. The cemetery is owned by the City of Saginaw and the records are held by the City of Saginaw.

Oakwood Mausoleum  is located on Gratiot Rd. (M-46) just east of Oakwood Cemetery - believed to be privately owned.

McCarty Cemetery was designated as a "Burying Ground" by James McCarty in November of 1852. The cemetery lies on the north east side of Midland Road, 1/4 mile north west of Hackett Road of Section 11. This area was originally part of Tittabawassee Township. An interesting marker records the burial of quadruplets born to Mr. and Mrs. H. D. Rogers in June of 1859. The quadruplets died the same month. These quadruplets were believed to be the first white quads born in the county.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Mccarty, now Saginaw twp. cemetery Timbertown Log 10 2 Winter 1982

Bacon Burials - located on the east bank of the Tittabawassee River and west of Hospital road was an area originally part of the farm of Artemus Bacon. These burials are most likely the remains of Artemus and his daughter who died in August and December of 1838.

*Others remember a pair of wooden crosses indicated gravesites near the corner of Midland and Hospital roads. This area is about 2 city blocks from the Bacon Burial area.

A number of articles about Saginaw County Cemeteries are found in the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972).

Saginaw Genealogical Society

Saginaw Public  Libraries
505 Janes Ave
Saginaw, MI  48607

Bacon cemetery, Saginaw twp. Timbertown Log 10 2 Winter 1982 ]

Swarthout Cemetery #1 - a picket fence at one time surrounded the gravesites of Mr. and Mrs. Anthony Swarthout, located northwest of the old Swarthout homestead.

Swarthout Cemetery (Pine Hill Cemetery) (Camin) in use as early as 1839 is located on an "L" shaped parcel of land in the northeast corner of the Holy Cross Cemetery. This cemetery is shown on the 1877 Atlas. The 1991 Michigan Cemetery Atlas also shows this cemetery on Brockway Road near Hawthorne Drive. At one time the cemetery was maintained by the Camin brothers so was referred to as the Camin Cemetery.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Pine Hill or Sarthout cemetery, Saginaw twp. Timbertown Log 9 3 Spring 1981

Hebrew Cemetery was indicated on the 1877 Atlas of Saginaw County. This cemetery, like the cemetery mentioned above is located on the edge of the Holy Cross Cemetery. The Hebrew burials were exhumed at the time the church purchased the land. The site shows on the 1991 Michigan Cemetery Atlas as part of the Holy Cross Cemetery on Brockway Road near Hawthorne Drive.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Hebrew cemetery Timbertown Log 14 2 Winter 1985

Catholic Cemetery and County Poor Farm Cemetery were once located on what is now the front lawn of the Saginaw County Hospital. The remains found at that site were removed to the St. Andrew's Cemetery in 1906-1907. It is reported that the remains were placed into wooden rough boxes and when the boxes were filled, the cover was nailed down and the next box started. These boxes were reinterred in the St. Andrew's Cemetery.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Saginaw poor farm cemetery Timbertown Log 16 2 Winter 1987

Shattuck Family Cemetery was once located on the old Shattuck farm on Section 12. The burials were removed to Oakwood Cemetery.

Braley Family Cemetery - members of the Braley family were interred on the north bank of the Shattuck Creek and and south west of the highway. Other members of the Braley family believe these individuals were buried on the bank of the Tittabawassee River.

*A small grave marked "BOY" was found on the Ernest Wiltse farm which had originally been the Moses Harris farm in the 1880's. The farm is located near the center of Section 13.

CITY OF FRANKENMUTH
City Hall
240 W. Genesee St.
Frankenmuth, MI  48734-1398

St. John's Cemetery was established between 1910 and 1915 on slightly less than 3 acres of section 27 on W. Tuscula at Hill Street. The cemetery is owned by St. John's Ev. Lutheran Church and the cemetery records are kept in the church office.

 

St. Lorenz Cemetery was established in 1845 on 6 acres of Section 27. The cemetery lies on both sides of W. Tuscola Road near Dehmel Road. The cemetery is owned by St. Lorenz Ev. Lutheran Church and the records are held at the church office, 140 Churchgrove Road, Frankenmuth, Michigan.

Return to the top of the page


CITY OF SAGINAW
Saginaw City Hall
1315 S. Washington
Saginaw, MI  48601-2599

Forest Lawn Cemetery was established in 1881 and now covers 200 acres on S. Washington Street in the city of Saginaw. The cemetery is owned by he City of Saginaw and records are held at City Hall.

Brady Hill Cemetery was established in 1855 on 28 acres on Holland Road at Jefferson Avenue. The cemetery is owned by the city of Saginaw and records are held at City Hall.

An article or articles about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 48607

Brady Hill cemetery Timbertown Log 16 2 Winter 1987
Brady Hill cemetery burials, 1875-76 Timbertown Log 13 4 Summer 1985
Burials in Brady Hill cemetery, 1877-78 Timbertown Log 13 3 Spring 1985
Interments at Brady Hill cemetery Timbertown Log 8 1 Fall 1979
Interments at Brady Hill cemetery Timbertown Log 8 2 Winter 1980

Oakwood Cemetery was established in 1868 and covers approximately 100 acres. It is located on the corner of Gratiot and Midland roads. The cemetery is owned by the city of Saginaw and records are held at City Hall.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 48607

Burial records of Civil War vets, Oakwood cemetery Timbertown Log 13 3 Spring 1985 ]

City Cemetery once located south of Lee Street and east of Niagara Street was established by Saginaw Township in the early 1840's before the city of Saginaw was incorporated. The cemetery was abandonded in 1871 with the burials removed to Oakwood Cemetery.

*There was once a pioneer cemetery on the west side of North Michigan in the 300 block where the Hickey parking lot now stands.

 

Fort Saginaw Cemetery was the site used for those persons who died at the fort in 1822 and 1823. During the occupation of this fort, a number of men and women died of malaria in 1823. The cemetery was discovered during street improvements in 1885 at the corner of Michigan Avenue and Cass Streets. These remains were removed to Oakwood Cemetery. One of those who died there was Lt. James B. Allen. His trunk of belongings was returned to his family in Northfield, Massachusetts where it remained until 1910 when it was returned to Saginaw by Mrs. Jennie Whipple, granddaughter of Mr. Allen. This trunk was sent to the Saginaw Museum.

Calvary Catholic Cemetery was established in 1868 south of Brady Hill Cemetery and east of Hoyt Park. The cemetry is owned by the Diocese of Saginaw and records are held at the Catholic Cemetery Commission, Mt. Olivet office.

Return to the top of the page


ST. CHARLES TOWNSHIP
St. Charles Township Office
1003 N,. Saginaw St.
St. Charles, MI  48655

Saginaw Co. Cemeteries Books are available from:

Saginaw Genelogical Society
Publications Chairman
505 Janes Ave
Saginaw MI 48607

Book 3- $6.00 - St. Charles Cemetery published 1982; 

This information is available at the Library of Michigan in Lansing, Michigan

St. Charles Cemetery records, St. Charles, Michigan / edited by Fred Pike.(1980)

Riverside Cemetery is located on 15 acres of Section 7. The cemetery is owned by the township and records are held at the township clerk's office.

St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery is located on 7 acres of Section 5 on Spruce Street. The cemetery is owned by St. Mary Catholic Church and records are held at the parish office, 5661 Fergus Rd., St Charles 48655-9624, Phone:
(517) 770-4453. The church was established in 1878.

Indiantown Cemetery is located on a sandy ridge of Section 23 north of Fergus Road and west of Turner Road. Burials at this site were investigated in 1962 and were found to be wooden boxes nailed with square cut nails. Evidence of a wool blanket was found in one case. A ten inch stone crudely cut with "N. Brown, Nov. 14, 1841" was found at this site.

*William Sanderson, a Civil War veteran, reportedly died at the age of 33 from a wound sustained during battle. He was buried in the front lawn of his homestead on the east side of M-52 north of Brant Road.

Return to the top of the page


SPAULDING TOWNSHIP
Spaulding Township Office
5025 East Rd.
Saginaw, MI  48601

Spaulding Township Cemetery was established before 1896 on 5 acres of Section 24, and is located at Cole Road and Ruby Ann Drive. The cemetery is owned by the township and records are held by the township clerk.

Mt. Olivet Cemetery was established in 1910 and covers an area of 93 acres. It is located on Section 1, Washington Road at Albany Street. The cemetery is owned by the Catholic Cemetery Commission - Saginaw Catholic Diocese.

Garfield Cemetery #1 was established in 1891 on 2 1/2 acres of Section 20. It is located at Lakefield and S. Graham Roads. The cemetery is owned by the township. The records are held at the Swan Creek township hall.

Garfield Cemetery #2 was established in 1949 on slightly less than 4 acres on Lakefield and S. Graham Roads. The cemetery is owned by the township.

Hebrew Cemetery is located on the west side of Washington Avenue just south of the Saginaw City limits.

TAYMOUTH TOWNSHIP
Taymouth Township Office
4343 E. Birch Run Rd.
PO Box 387
Birch Run, MI  48415

Saginaw Co. Cemeteries Books are available from:

Saginaw Genelogical Society
Publications Chairman
505 Janes Ave
Saginaw MI 48607

Book 4- $6.00 - Brant Township Cemetery, Taymouth Township Cemetery, Wheaton(Indian) Cemetery, Taymouth Township published 1982.

Taymouth Township Cemetery was established in 1875 on 3 acres of Section 9 at Rathbun and Morseville Roads. The cemetery is owned by the township and records are held at the township clerk's office.

Cook Episcopal Cemetery was established in 1870 on 20 acres of Section 33. The cemetery located at Seymour and E. Burt Roads is owned by the township and records are held at the township supervisor's office.

Indian Cemetery is located near the corner of Seymour and East Birch Run Roads. The little cemetery was established about 1850 for use by the Methodist Indian Mission Church. This cemetery is a private cemetery but is maintained by the township. It is not known where records for this cemetery are held.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Indian (Wheaton) cemetery, Taymouth twp. Timbertown Log 2 3 Spring 1974

Return to the top of the page


SWAN CREEK TOWNSHIP
Swan Creek Township Office
11415 Lakefield Rd.
PO Box 176
St. Charles, MI  48655


THOMAS TOWNSHIP
Thomas Township Office
249 N. Miller Rd.
Saginaw, MI  48609

Saginaw Co. Cemeteries Books are available from:

Saginaw Genelogical Society
Publications Chairman
505 Janes Ave
Saginaw MI

Book 6- $7.50 - Buena Vista Twp; Kochville Methodist; Owen; Bethel Lutheran; Frankenmuth Twp; St. John's Lutheran

Owen Cemetery was established in the 1800's on about 5 1/2 acres on North River Road which is a one road access to the cemetery. The cemetery is owned by the township and records are held by the township clerk.

TITTABAWASSEE TOWNSHIP
Tittabawassee Township Office
145 S. Second
PO Box 158
Freeland, MI  48623

Saginaw Co. Cemeteries Books are available from:

Saginaw Genelogical Society
Publications Chairman
505 Janes Ave
Saginaw MI

Book 5- $7.50 - West Side Cemetery, Freeland; St. Johannis, Frankentrost; Bethlehem Lutheran; Richland Twp.

Jacquith-Wickham Cemetery is located one mile south of the traffic light in Freeland on the west side of Midland Road. There are about six or sever marked graves in the overgrowth of lilac bushes. The family names on these markers are Jacquith and Wickham.

The Freeland Cemetery is located two miles north of Freeland on the northeast side of River Road.

Pine Grove Cemetery is located on the northeast side of Midland Road, 2 miles north west of Freeland.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI 4860

Pine Grove cemetery, Tittabawassee twp. Timbertown Log 14 2 Winter 1985
Pine Grove cemetery, Tittabawassee twp. Timbertown Log 14 3 Spring 1986
Pinegrove cemetery, Tittabawassee twp. Timbertown Log 14 4 Summer 1986
Pinegrove cemetery, Freeland Timbertown Log 15 1 Fall 1986
Pinegrove cemetery, Freeland Timbertown Log 15 2 Winter 1986
Pinegrove cemetery, Freeland Timbertown Log 15 3 Spring 1987
Pinegrove cemetery, Freeland Timbertown Log 15 4 Summer 1987
Pinegrove cemetery, Freeland Timbertown Log 16 1 Fall 1987
Pinegrove cemetery, Freeland Timbertown Log 16 2 Winter 1987
Pinegrove cemetery, Freeland Timbertown Log 16 3 Spring 1988
Pinegrove cemetery, Freeland Timbertown Log 16 4 Summer 1988
Pinegrove cemetery, Freeland Timbertown Log 17 1 Fall 1988
Pinegrove cemetery, Freeland Timbertown Log 17 2 Winter 1988

new.gif (147 bytes)Vassold Cemetery is a private family cemetery located   on the west bank of the Tittabawassee river 2 miles south of Freeland Rd. on N. River Rd. Transcribed by Patrick A. Bohinski November 1999.

Roeser-Munger homestead located just south of Freeland, originally held the burials of three individuals. These remains were removed to the Oakwood Cemetery

West Side Cemetery is located north east of Freeland on River Road.

An article about this cemetery was written in the the Timbertown Log, the newsletter published by the Saginaw Genealogy Society. This is a quarterly publication that began with: Vol. 1 no. 1 (fall 1972). The Timbertown Log is available from the Saginaw Genealogical Society, Saginaw Public Libraries , 505 Janes Ave., Saginaw, MI

West Side cemetery, Freeland Timbertown Log 13 4 Summer 1985
West Side cemetery, Freeland Timbertown Log 14 1 Fall 1985
West Side cemetery, Freeland, Michigan Timbertown Log 14 2 Winter 1985

Chapel Hill Cemetery

Return to the top of the page


ZILWAUKEE TOWNSHIP
Zilwaukee Township Clerk
7600 Melbourne Rd.
Saginaw, MI  48604

A small cemetery is remembered near Melbourn near the railroad tracks

Return to the top of the page

 

Return to the Saginaw County MIGenWeb Project Home Page

 

phone2.gif (1401 bytes)

Please feel free to share comments, suggestions, etc. Lesley Moss

This page last updated December 16, 1999 07:18 AM