The Town of Denmark
Taken from The History of Tuscola County, Biographical Sketches and Illustrations, H. R. Page Co., Chicago, 1883, Page 105. Contributed by Debbie Axtman.
The town of Denmark was organized by the Board of Supervisors at a meeting held October 11, 1853, and was erected out of territory described as follows: Townships 12, 13, and fractional 14, north, of range 7 east, the same being under the jurisdiction of the town of Rogers.
|The name of the town was selected by Mr. Selden
and his son, C. R. Selden, now treasurer of the county. His application had
no particular significance, but was made with the idea of having a name dissimilar to
those of other localities.
At the first town meeting held April 3, 1854, at the house of Joseph Selden, Hamilton Hobart and Joseph Selden were inspectors, John E. Freeman and Charles R. Selden, clerks.
If you would like to contribute to this page, please e-mail Debbie Axtman
Copyright Debbie Axtman
Return to Tuscola History Book Index