Cape Girdardeau, Co MO Queries & Surnames
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- HARRISON posted by Wilbur Franklin on Tuesday, October 22, 1996
- Looking for information on William and Malinda HARRISON appeared on 1880 Bollinger cty.,Mo. census. Then children appeared later with marriage etc in Cape county.
- WILKERSON posted by Wilbur Franklin on Tuesday, October 22, 1996
- Looking for info on William Farmer WILKERSON and wife Mahala. Appeared on Texas co. Mo. census in 1900. Known to have lived also in Cape Gir. co.,Mo. and Dade co. Mo
- FAVORITE, HYATT, MORRISON posted by C. Favorite on Sunday, October 27, 1996
- Looking for information/obit concerning the death of Jonathon and Mary HYATT FAVORITE. They were from Miami Co., Ohio, and died about 1853, either in Cape Giradeau or somewhere on the Ohio between the put-in point (Cincinnati?) and Cape Giradeau. They had four children with them, Thomas Jefferson FAVORITE, John S. FAVORITE, Harriett FAVORITE, and Martha FAVORITE. The children returned to Ohio to live with their oldest sister, Nancy Elizabeth FAVORITE MORRISON. Thanks!
- ALLEN, BLACK posted by Sherrill U. Williams on Monday, October 28, 1996
- BLACK: Autison (Aughteson/Otterson) Black married Stanly ALLEN in Lincoln Co, NC. They were living in Cape Girardeau Co by the 1840 census. Would appreciate any information on this couple and their family. Thanks in advance.
- LIKENS, PERKINS, STACY posted by Dick Adams on Tuesday, November 5, 1996
- Seeking info on Mark STACY. Born 1785, Brunswick County, Virginia. Married PERKINS, date & location unknown. Married Elizabeth LIKENS, 1 June 1839, Rhea County, Tennessee. Listed in 1840 census, Rhea County. Lived in Cape Girardeau County, Missouri, 1850. Died circa 1852. Children: Levi Perkins, Anna M., Josiah W., P. R., William and several infants.
- WILLIAMS posted by Carl Phillips on Friday, November 15, 1996
- WILLIAMS...I'm seeking someone in Cape Girardeau County who is willing to look up an obituary for me. Abraham B. WILLIAMS died in Whitewater on Nov 17, 1912. He is buried in Bark's Chapel cemetery. I'm hoping the obit will tell me his parents' names or at least his birthplace. Any help greatly appreciated. Carl in Calif.
- BAKER, BARKS, BOLLINGER, CRADER, DECK, FULBRIGHT, HAHN, HARTLE, ISBN, MASTERS, PANNICK, SHELL, WISE posted by Lorena S. Eaker on Saturday, November 23, 1996
- WISE, BAKER, BARKS, CRADER, HAHN, SHELL: Searching for the descendants of David WISE b.ca1760 Lincoln Co., NC and wife Mary who arrived in Cape Girardeau Co., ca 1809. Children were: Barbara m. Abraham HAHN; Catharine m. Joshua HAHN and moved to Greene Co., IL; David, Jr. m. Sarah BOLLINGER and moved to Calhoun Co., IL. He died there and the family returned to MO. Sarah remarried to John PANNICK and they moved to Platte Co., MO with her parents and five WISE sons; Elizabeth m. Peter BAKER, Jr. and that family remained in what is now Bollinger Co. Much information is needed on their fifteen children; Mary m. Jacob CRADER and moved to Calhoun Co., IL; Joseph m. Martha...and was living in Macoupin Co., IL 1843; Philip m (1) Fanny DECK (2 ch.) m(2) Sarah MASTERS HARTLE (3 ch.) m (3) Catharine FULBRIGHT (4 ch). Sons David, Joseph Adam, and Francis were living elsewhere in 1869 when Philip's estate was settled. Where?; Sarah m. Issac BARKS and most of the family remained in what is now Bollinger Co.; Susannah m.John SHELL and moved to Calhoun Co., IL. After John's death she moved to OR or CA with her sons. These records are urgently needed for the Frederick WISE Family History to be published late 1997. See German Speaking People West of The Catawba River in NC 1750-1800 ISBN: 1881851052 which can be found in most Libraries for more details.
- BEATTY, BOYER, DEACON posted by Deborah Deacon Boyer on Saturday, November 23, 1996
- My name is Deborah Deacon BOYER. I am searching for information on my grandfather, Ivory Golden DEACON who died in Cape Girardeau, MO in 1929, hisfather John DEACON and his mother Maude BEATTY (sp?) who I believe were from southeastern Missouri. If you have any information on them, I would appreciate you sending it to me. Is there a fee for your services? Please send me your phone number by email so we can discuss any info you have. Thanks a lot! Deborah Deacon Boyer
- HARDIN, LATHAM posted by Harriette Jensen on Sunday, December 8, 1996
- I am looking for information on my g-grandmother, Margaret Rose Etta LATHAM, who died in the Cape Girardeau area after the birth of her son, James Franklin HARDIN, on 12/23/1890. She was married to John HARDIN. I would appreciate any info and/or contact with any LATHAM or HARDIN researchers.
- HESTER, ROBERT, WICKER posted by Jesse Suttles on Monday, December 9, 1996
- Would like to have any informatipon on Robert; HESTER; WICKER & hia Wife Hannah. ROBERT died in Cape Girardeau 2 Jan 1821, Hia wife Hannah 12 Aug 1818. I am trying to find grave stones to confirm the above information. Any help would be very much appricated. Jess
- KRAUSE posted by Tonya Leitschuh on Monday, December 9, 1996
- I am searching for information on Gottlieb Christian KRAUSE and his family. They came to Cape Girardeau Co. around 1854 from Germany. They went to Illinois in 1862 and was in Macoupin Co. IL by 1870. Gottleib KRAUSE and his wife Christina Wilhelmine came over with 3 daughters Henrietta KRAUSE, Amelia (Emily)KRAUSE, and Wilhelmina Pauline KRAUSE. Gottlieb supposedly had 3 other children. Any help I can get would be appreciated! Thanks, Tonya Leitschuh
- BARRINGER, GALLUP, HALL posted by Julian Livingston on Friday, December 20, 1996
- Cape Girardeau County MO query: Looking for descendants of Benjamin HALL (and wife Rebecca)who operated ferry across Mississippi to upper Union Co. IL. until early 1820s. He may be the Benjamin HALL who died on the river about 1825. He may have had a daughter, Eliza Ann HALL who married Orrin GALLUP in Owen Co., IN in 1837 as a minor with guardian permission, guardian unnamed. This connection has eluded me for years. Eliza Ann's mother was said to be from the BARRINGER family which is found across the river in Union Co. IL.
- BARRINGER, BARRINGERS, BOURINDGOIR, GALLUP, HALL posted by Julian Livingston on Tuesday, December 24, 1996
- Cape Girardeau Co query - families HALL & BARRINGER. I have reviewed various census data, but it was not adequate for my problem. My ancestor, Eliza Ann Hall GALLUP, married in Owen County, IN in 1837. Her maiden name was HALL, and Eliza's mother was claimed to be Mary BOURINDGOIR by a notoriously poor speller in our family. Although Eliza claimed to be born in Grove, KY, I've never found any trace of her there. On the other hand, the names HALL and BARRINGER turn up in Union Co. IL with a Benjamin HALL described in the Union Co. history as "dying on the river" about 1825. This was convenient since Eliza's permission to marry as a minor was granted by an unnamed guardian, not her father. In fact, I find Halls and BARRINGERS in the same block on Market Street in early Jonesboro, IL. I also located them possibly in the same Baptist Church in the northwest part of the county. The connection to Cape Girardeau is from the fact that the Hall family lived there probably by 1820 and operated a ferry across the Mississippi. I am very interested in determining if Eliza Ann HALL GALLUP was a member of that Hall family and in what way.