Cape Girdardeau, Co MO Queries & Surnames
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- ALEXANDER, RICHEY posted by Jeannie Rogers on Sunday, January 5, 1997
- Looking for information on Elijah RICHEY who married Georgiana ALEXANDER, 1838 in Cape Girardo, MO
- BAKER, CRIDDLE, ROBINSON, WELTY posted by Teri Summers on Wednesday, January 22, 1997
- I am seeking info on Ira Summers and his brothers:Perien "Perry", Washington and Marion "Sox". In particular, I'm trying to discover what happened to the brothers, who were their parents and where in TN are they from. Ira was born in Tennessee 17 Sep 1833. According to his obit, he came to Cape Girardeau Co. with his parents around 1840. The boys were orphaned prior to 1850. Ira was living with Peter BAKER in 1850. Perry was living with a WELTY family. (According to 1860 Census, Ira and Marion are living with the Baker famiily). Both Ira and Perry served the Union during the Civil War. Ira married Sophia BAKER in 1859. She died shortly thereafter. On 2 Mar 1865, Ira married Marie Louise CRIDDLE possibly in Jackson or Burfordville. Marie was the dau. of William Smith CRIDDLE and Elvira Ann ROBINSON. They had 12 children between 1866-88.
- CATHERINE, CHRONISTER, HELDERMAN, SCIFFORD posted by Debra Blackard on Friday, January 24, 1997
- Seek contact with descendants/researchers of James CHRONISTER of Cape Girardeau Co., MO as early as 1819, and formerly of Lincoln Co., NC. James CHRONISTER served in a North Carolina line regiment as a private, hired to replace a draftee who did not wish to serve. Seek information regarding marriage, children, and parents. Known children are Daniel CHRONISTER, Abraham CHRONISTER, and CATHERINE CHRONISTER, who married Jacob SCIFFORD. Another daughter may have married a HELDERMAN. Any help will be appreciated.
- ALLEN, LAIL posted by Carl Phillips on Monday, February 3, 1997
- ALLEN, Andrew Vincent born 1798 in VA moved to NC and then to Cape Girardeau County. Had children Lucy Ann, Luvicy, Nancy, John W., Vincent and probably others. Andrew is buried at Gravel Hill Cemetery in an unmarked grave. Lucy Ann married Robert LAIL. They were my gg-grandparents. Need any info on Andrew or his family.
- LEGGETT, WIGGINS posted by Jerry Hollingsworth on Tuesday, February 4, 1997
- Leggett Looking for any information on the LEGGETT family of Bollinger & Cape Girardeau Counties in Missouri. J. Thomas Green LEGGETT born cir 1850 in Bollinger Co. Mo. married to Mary Emily WIGGINS her parents were George & Elizabeth WIGGINS. J. Thomas Green LEGGETT went by Green and wife Mary Emily had the following children: Robert E. LEGGETT born 3 Apr 1874 died 6 Sep 1950 married to Ella Lee Pool, Rosa LEGGETT born 30 May 1879 died 5 Jun 1943 married to S.P. Porter on 21 Mar 1895, Mary Emily Leggett born Dec 1880 died 23 Nov 1918 married to James M. Ray on 20 Sep 1896, Albert Leggett, Vandives V. Leggett, Hattie D. Leggett, & Dossey May Leggett, It is known that J. Thomas Green Leggett had a sister Elizabeth who was married to George L. Stovall. If you have any information on any of the above families please leave message. I have found Leggett spelled Leget, Legget, Ligit, Liggett, and Liggitt. Thanks
- BAILEY, BLANTON, HALL, HUFFMAN, QUALLS posted by Jerry Hollingsworth on Tuesday, February 4, 1997
- Huffman Looking for any information on George W. HUFFMAN born cir 1840 in Obion Co. Tn. George his parents Alexander & Jane HUFFMAN came to Mo and settled in the Counties of Bollinger and Cape Girardeau. His siblings are Rachel, Nathan, James, Sarah, Minerva, John & Mary. He married Lucinda [last name unknown] and had the following children: George W. Jr. married to Elivie QUALLS 6 Feb 1903, Sarah E. married to H.W. BAILEY 27 Jan 1887, Martha J. married to C.A. BLANTON 16 Oct 1887, Allice married to Joseph W. HALL married 20 Jul 1889, Jackson Oran married to Mary Tuck 25 Jul 1897, & Arnold Huffman. Any information on any of the above families would be greatly appreciated. It is known that most of George and Lucinda's children were married and lived in Kennett in Dunklin Co. Missouri . Thanks
- FORMWAY, MOORE, RUMFELT posted by Sue Bouska on Wednesday, February 5, 1997
- Mary Lovina RUMFELT, born 29 Jan 1876, married??? MOORE. She was the daughter of Sarah Catherine FORMWAY and William Perry RUMFELT. This family lived in Cape Girardeau County, MO., near Jackson. Her children were Wesley, Eva and Edwin Moore, possible more. Her children were in Oklahoma and California the last that this family was heard from, I am trying to locate members of this family, also members of the RUMFELT family that might be able to help provide information about family members. I am a FORMWAY descendant researching the FORMWAY family of Marble Hill and Cape Girardeau area. Also researching Crump family in Cape Girardeau and Bollinger Co. Thank you.
- HARTZELL posted by Susan McMahan on Friday, February 7, 1997
- Seeking information on the descendants of James and Susan Lorthan HARTZELL of Cape Girardeau MO. Children were Simon (b ca 1870), Florence (1872), Ira (1878), and Henry (1882/1973 Baxter Springs KS).
- GLENN, MORTON posted by Robert Alexander on Sunday, February 9, 1997
- I am searching for the family of William P. MORTON. He was born abt. 1826. In 1880 the family was living at Shawnee Twsp., Cape Girardeau Co. His wife was Eliza Elinor GLENN.
- EDWARDS, GRAMMAR, GRAMMER, OSBORE, OSBORN posted by Robin Pritchett on Wednesday, February 12, 1997
- Researching Grammer GRAMMAR ,OSBORN OSBORE Osburn Alfonzo-A.L.-Al Alfonzo L. GRAMMAR b.IL.approx.1850 1st wife Sarah J. b. IL.approx.1850 son James b.IL.1875,daughter Anna Leone b.IL.1879 all are in Stoddar Co. MO.1880 cen. Dunklin Co.Mo.marriage records 1872-1890 shows Annie GRAMMAR (daughter of A.L. GRAMMAR) to Samuel EDWARDS 17,Feb.1893 Al GRAMMER to Mary Alice(Alley)Osborn/e,Osburn b.1880 IL.in Dunklin Co. MO.8,July,1893 town of Clarkton,Mo. Marriage Licence has A.L.Grammar to Alice Osborne and Elizabeth Osborne has given consent. Robin Pritchett PO Box13 Rives,Mo.63875 (573)737-2715 Al died before 1920 1910 cen. Dunklin Co.Mo.shows Al,Alley,Issac,Polly,Linda,Ettie,Kittie,Mary Elizabeth Osborne(Alley's Mother) 1920 cen. Dunklin Co.Mo.Shows Alley marr to a Joseph Storey with Ettie,Kittie,Robert,Inez
- SAUNDERS posted by sandy bose on Monday, February 17, 1997
- Srgt Joseph Henry SAUNDERS of the 1st Wisconsin Cavalry died of typhoid fever in October 1862 in Cape Girardeau. I'm searching for information on the location of the General Hospital at that time. Also, I've found that he's buried in Cape Girardeau and would like to find the cemetary. Thanks very much...
- CALDWELL, CAMERON, GRAHAM, HALL, LEE, SINCLAIR, WARD posted by Clark Sinclair on Friday, February 21, 1997
- Researching William Riley HALL m 23 Nov 1868 Cape Girardeau to Sarah Lucretia WARD. William had a brother John m Nancy. William is the son of William b ca 1802 Ky m Sarah b ca 1803 NC William Riley had:Jane b 1867;Benjamin b 1865; and my Sarah Berthilda HALL b 1869 m Elijah Lee SINCLAIR b 1850 Madison Co Mo son of Daniel Boone SINCLAIR and Melvina GRAHAM dau of Elijah GRAHAM and Anna LEE. William Riley HALL had uncle James HALL m Ellen who lived Wayne Co Mo.Sarah Lucretia WARD is dau William Riley WARD m 1837 Berthilda CAMERON dau of Sarah b 1787 Tn. He had a bro Josiah m Jane CALDWELL & sis SarahmAndrewsDAVIS
- posted by Matt Hutson on Sunday, February 23, 1997
- My grandmother tells me that I have semi-famous relatives in Cape Girardeau's past. Any information about such people with the surname " HUTSON " would be appreciated.
- SEITZ posted by Karl Seitz on Friday, February 28, 1997
- Does anybody have any information on Anna Elizabeth Kerlin SEITZ (1854- 1918), doctor of osteopathy, during a few years around 1900 when she is supposed to have practiced in Cape Gerardeau. 28 Feb. 1997 Karl Seitz email@example.com