"History of Cardwell Cemetery"
"On May 30, 1916, the city board closed the deal with Mr. John
Summitt for the old Parcel Cemetery sight [sic]. 'The city is to
three (3) acres of land and the old Percell Cemetery sight [sic]
sum of $400...' In 1941. ..the Cardwell Cemetery was cleaned and
restaked and the Cardwell Cemetery was formed."
from pg. 161 of "History and Genealogy of Buffalo
Cardwell, Missouri," by Mrs. Miles [Rose Sissom] Horner,