Bath County Queries
Please feel free to enter a query for your lines in Bath County. If your lines are not in this county, please do not enter a query with us. The family in question must have lived in Bath County or had some event in their lives take place there.
Please enter all surnames in CAPS. This makes your query much easier to read, and will catch the eye of others looking for your surname.
Enter your Query & Surnames HERE
If you send an updated query, please make sure you identify the old query it replaces (by surname and date) so that it can be removed.
JASPER - Seeking descendants of Richard JASPER, who was a resident as of
October 30, 1722; wife: Sarah; daughters Elizabeth, Ann, and Hannah Leath;
Sons: Samuel and Johnathan. This info is based on his will.
Richard's son, Samuel was in Hyde County on March 29, 1752, according to his
will and had sons Samuell, William, Jonathan, and Israel; daughters: Hannah,
Ann, Mary, and Lyddela Jasper. Samuel's wife was named Ann. I am seeking to
find out if the Jaspers intermarried with the Rew family of Hyde, Beaufort,
and Craven counties. Can anyone help me to locate any data on these people?
Thanks for your assistance.
- Florence Fulford Moore FFFMoore@aol.com -8/10/99
TYSON - Need info and sources for the following family: Mathias TYSON b. 1660
Accomack Co, VA, d. 1710 Bath Co NC, m. Mary F. POTTS abt 1688 also in Bath Co, NC. They supposedly had the following children:
John TYSON b. 1690 Accomack Co,VA, d. 1711 NC
Edward TYSON b. 1692 Accomack Co,VA, d. NC, m. Ann Unknown
Edmund TYSON b. 1694 Accomack Co,VA, d. 1765 NC m. Mary Unknown
Cornelius TYSON b. 1695 Accomack Co,VA, d. 1745 NC m. Unknown MILLS
Samuel TYSON b. 1696 Accomack Co,VA, d. 1736 Pitt Co NC, m. Margaret Unknown
Thomas TYSON b. 1699 Accomack Co VA, d. 1755 Beaufort Co NC, m. Sabra MASON 1721 Beaufort Co,NC
Mathias TYSON b. 1700 NC, d. aft 1763 NC
Susannah TYSON b. 16 Jun 1701 Pitt co, NC, d. 8 Aug 1785 Greenville, Pitt Co NC, m. John HARDEE -1728 Pitt Co NC, Jonas TYSON b. 1703 Pitt Co, NC
- Beverly ALEXANDERALEXLARRY@prodigy.net -7/24/99
JONES - I am looking for an E.F. Jones. All I know of him is that he
married Amanda ?. We aren't sure which county he was married
in. His daughter, Lucy, married George N. Wood in 1875, in
Albemarle,so I am looking in all the surrounding counties. Any
info would help. Thank you.
- Michelle BurnettMichelle_Elise@webtv.net -5/4/99
PORTER - PORTER..Does anyone have info on John Porter who was brought to Bath Co by Joseph Ming in 1701? I am looking for a possible marriage of an Elizabeth PORTER m. to Robert COBB abt. 1767 in New Hanover Co. Was the John PORTER there a descendant of the one in Bath?
- Sue Moore Neumanbjneum@erols.com -4/27/99
FULFORD - FULFORD, John "...and wife, Dorothy of Bath on the Pamticoe..." John Fulford may have migrated from the lower Norfolk River area (around 1693) to the Gloucester/Straits/Harkers Island region and married a woman from Bath or from the region around the late 1600s or early 1700s. Does anyone have an idea who she might be? There are several possibilities that come to mind: a Dorothy Hogg(widow), and a Dorothy Aldrige (widow). If anyone has any information, I would love to hear from you. He had at least one living son--referred to as "...my second son(e), Joseph..." in his will. Thanks for your help.
- Florence Fulford MooreFFFMoore@aol.com -4/27/99
DUNBARS - Seeking info and descendants of the early Dunbars.
James,William or Thomas Dunbars in the 1600s to present.
- B.J. RountreeVirgo90675@aol.com -2/10/99
WOODARD,WOODWARD,MARTIN,RESPESS,SMAW,JOYNER,BLOUNT,BONNER,LUCAS - I am a gGranddaughter to the surmames listed.
My GGrandfather Joel Martin along with others founded the town of
Bath. There is a plaque at St. Thomas's Parish with his name on it. Anyone who may be able to add insight to my family tree please feel free to contact me. I can also provide you with some family tree goodies.
- Tracy A. Woodward SmithMTAWEST@aol.com -1/27/99
- I have found a will of Thomas Boyd of Bath that was written Dec. 17, 1725 and
was probated in the Apr. 1726 court. Thomas referred to his plantation at Broad Creek. His wife was Katherine and he mentioned a son named John. Does any one have any information on this Thomas. I am trying to make a connection to later generations of Boyds as well as determine where the Boyds of Beaufort came from. There was also a Robert Boyd living in Beaufort Co. at the same time as Thomas. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
- Robert BoydJetRobert@aol.com -1/12/99
- Searching for info on Richard BAILEY, b. 1839 near Bath. He m. Elizabeth ?,b. 5 Jul 1839, d. 11 Sep 1895. They had a daughter, Elizabeth, b. 30 Aug 1866 near Bath, d. 26 Jun 1943 Washington, NC. Elizabeth m. Joseph Marr TINGLE, b. 3 Mar 1862 Craven Co., d. 26 Jun 1943 Washington, NC. Joseph and Elizabeth TINGLE had 3 daughters, Fanny, Leona and Rena.
Searching for info on Richard, b. 1839, and Elizabeth ? BAILEY, b. 1839, d.11 Sep 1895. Their daughter, Mary Elizabeth Bailey, was b. 30 Aug 1866 near Bath and d. 26 Jun 1943 in Washington, NC. The family moved to Washington and Mary Elizabeth m. Joseph Marr Tingle from Craven Co. Believe Richard was b.near Bath and possibly the son of another Richard BAILEY. Thanks.
- Sammy Anson PiercePierce3369@aol.com -1/12/99
- James Singleton wife Annarita (Anna Margaritta)early 1700's to William S(h)ingleton wife Bethian to William Singleton wife Elizabeth Chowan Albermale Chowan Precinct and Bath Precinct.
- Anne Condran firstname.lastname@example.org -- My Webpage. -12/2/98
- Joseph PITTS, immigrant who arrived in 1694, served on James Mills
plantation, his son Robert PITTS with wife Mary witnessed a will in
Craven Precinct, Bath Co. N. Car. in 1725/26, other brother Edward was
taken to court because of lack of payment, brother Walter and sister
Lucretia PITTS settled in Edgecombe Co. N. Car. Lucretia married Jacob
Strickland who owned land in Edgecombe in 1742, Walter PITTS owned land
there in 1749. Seeking PITTS descendants.
- J.L.email@example.com -10/20/98
- I am searching for descendents of WILLIAM SHINGLETON wife BETHIAH: children: WILLOUGHBY SHINGLETON, WILLIAM SHINGLETON and BETHIAN
SHINGLETON. William Shingleton's will was dated December 12, 1788. I have many records on the descendents of son William Shingleton that go to Crockett/Dyer/Haywood Counties in Tennessee, Missouri and Poinsett Co, Arkansas.
- Anne firstname.lastname@example.org -- My Webpage. -10/20/98
- Does anyone have info on the Wilsons (William, James, Richard) that immigrated to Bath in 1702? My ggg grandfather JAMES JACKSON WILSON b. 1824 in GA d. 1864 married to SUSAN MEEKS b. 1824. James's ancestors came to GA from the Pitt Co area of NC I believe. I can't get any information of James's parents, siblings, etc. On the 1850 Emanuel Co. GA census there is a Nancy Wilson living alone aged 56. Could she be James's mother?
- Vivian Wilson Goodgamedennis@pell.net -8/7/98
- Samuel FREEMAN born Abt.1765 d abt 1813. Wife's name was Mary
[maiden unknown]. Children were: John S., Nancy, Elizabeth, Sarah and James. Lived in Chocowinity at least 1811-1813 as children are listed
born there. Samuel and Mary are my gg grandparents and any info on them would appreciated.
- Joy Batteatejoyssp@yahoo.com -7/10/98
- I am researching my descendant, Mordecai White, b.c. 1702 in Bath co, NC. According to Faye Moran's history of immigrants into Bath, a John White came into Bath on 10-18-1701. I think the source for this is Tepper's "New World Immigrants" at Volume I, pg. 436. I believe Mordecai was one of his sons also, being born after the immigration from VA. Mordecai's line to me include his son Luke, his son Peter and his son Allen, who migrated to Maury county, TN before 1820. Thanks for your help.
- Sam Thompsonjudgesam@ixlmemphis.com -6/4/98
- Searching for any info on the surname CAVINESS(CAVENESS)a William CAVINESS mar. In Bath circa 1734an Elizabeth Phipps any info is appreciated.
- Patricia Perkins email@example.com -6/4/98
- London WALSTON born before 1686 MD died 1728, will recorded in Bath Co,NC. He left property to Thomas BATTERS and daughter Mary. Anyone working on
London Walston? Who did he marry & who were his children? Was he the son of Thomas WALSTON and Ruth LONDON of Somerset Co, MD? I have lots on those early MD Walstons to share.
- Win Wood firstname.lastname@example.org -5/10/98
- I really need info on the Hugenots that came to Bath in early 1700's.
I woudl like specific info on the group, and would need early land and deed records. The name I am researching is PASTEUR. Can anyone advise me?
- BethPruatlBethPruATL@aol.com -3/22/98
- I am interested to find anyone who may have info on THOMAS
SPARROW, merchant from Maryland who bought land in Bath Town between Sept 26/Oct 2,1706. This quote comes from a book titled
"History of Beaufort County". I am curious to find out if this person is connected to my branch of the Sparrow Family.
- Bill Sparrowollie1@erols.com -3/11/98
- I am searching for family of William Caviness all known about William is
that he married in Bath in 1734 he married an Elizabeth Phipps any thing that any one can tell me is appreciated.
- Patricia Perkins email@example.com -2/16/98
- Seeking information on my grandparents, William Henry Radcliffe and Mary Jane Piver. They were married in early 1900s in Beaufort County at the Bethany Methodist Church. May have lived at Ransomville. William Henry Radcliffe may have been a store owner prior to moving his family to Newport News, VA.
- Harold and Mary Hardingharding@visi.net -2/11/98
- I'm looking for any and all info on CHARLES AND MARY REED who were transported to Bath Co. on October 18, 1701 by a John White AND JOHN READ, transported to Bath on October 28, 1702. I'm seeking info on their ancestors, their REED/READ descendants, the country in which they sailed from, etc. I've always been told that my (REED) immigrant ancestors arrived in America on the northeastern shores of NC with other indentured servants around this time but, to date, have found only these three people that fit this description. I would be very appreciative of any info that could be provided on these people. Thanks.
- ReedANC1779@aol.com -2/3/98
- In 1717 the names of Patrick and William FLANNIKIN appear on one plot
each on a plat of Bath Town.This plat was found in a book,"A History of
Colonial Bath" by Herbert R.Pashal,Jr. in 1955.I believe these are the
same that departed Londonderry ,Ireland 6 June 1699.Any additional
info to span the gap would be greatly appreciated.
- Joe R. FowlerPoppaJoe@webtv.net -1/26/98
- I am searching on any info on my ancestor BRYANT NOBLES who was born circa 1812 in Beaufort Co. He was married to a MAHALA BARR also of Beaufort Co.. I am trying to get into the Sons of the American Revolution and I need some info on this person. Thanks
- Dave Nobles SCV40@aol.com -1/17/98
- BOYD, Robert: He was a member of Stede Bonnet's Pirate Crew and was capture along with the crew and hanged at Charleston SC in 1718. His home was listed as Bath Town NC. I am descendant of a Robert Boyd and have his a copy of his Will of 1775. My Robert Boyd was from around the area of Bath. If anyone has info that could connect or disconnect the two men above mentioned I would love to hear from you.
- Jim Gradeless, 106 Dare Ct. Kill Devil Hills NC firstname.lastname@example.org -12/12/97
- I am descended from Colonel
Robert PALMER, b. 1725. He came to Bath from SCT in 1753, with his wife,
Margaret, and two small sons, Robert and William. I have a fairly extensive
amount of information on Robert Palmer and his descendents. I am seeking
information on the ship he came over on, what port he sailed from in SCT,
his wife's maiden name, etc. Would love to hear from anyone else
researching him, or his descendents.
- Anne D. Palmer ADPalmer@worldnet.att.net -12/2/97
- I am tring to find out when my
>father-in-law was born. He was born in Bath but I have no idea of the year.
>His name is Redden William Keech. All that I need is the month, day and year
>of his birth. Any help that you can provide will be GREATLY appreciated.
- Sandy Keech Atlbrvs@aol.com -12/2/97
-I am looking for information on the immigrant, William Hosea, who
arrived in Bath County in Sept., 1701.
Does anyone have a descendant list for this man?
- Susan Marshall EAlt117@aol.com -11/4/97
-I'm looking for information on Roger KENYON during the early 1700's in
- Tim Kinion email@example.com -11/2/97
-I am interested in finding out more about William and Ann BRICE
who immigrated to Bath Co., NC on June 22, 1702. They were with Francis and John LINFIELD and Elizabeth and David DEPEE.
Dick Stiles - firstname.lastname@example.org -10/11/97
-This family was living in Bath Co sometime during the early 1700's?
I'm seeking information about the families of Francis
SHACKELFORD, born in Gloucester County, VA in 1664 and died in Bath Co, NC in 1720. His wife's name was Mary PALMER SHACKELFORD. His children were William, Roger, and John SHACKELFORD. John SHACKELFORD died in Bath Co, NC on 23 April 1778 and his children were George, Stephen, James, Francis, William, Mary Ann, Frances, Sarah, Easter, and John SHACKELFORD. Any info, including cemeteries, would be helpful.
Mike D'Amico - email@example.com -10/11/97
- GREEN, Farnifold is listed in Bath County Immigrant item. Does anyone have any info on this family?
Pat Garms - firstname.lastname@example.org -10/02/97
- Seeking information on the family of Robert BOYD b. Halifax Co. VA
d. 1782 Granville Co. NC m. Lucretia O. MARY(?). Ten children: Robert,
Jr., Andrew, Rachel m. CANNON, Sarah m. McLAUGHLIN, Mary m. WILBORN, Margaret m. GOSS, Constance, John, Thomas and Isabella. At one time Robert lived at How River in Beaufort Co
Mary Ann Hanson - email@example.com - 8/29/97
- RAWLS, Clarice. She is my ggmother, born around 1842. She
had a son James Thomas JONES, but was never married to a Jones.
She was from a small town close to Washington, NC, between there
and New Bern. She married a William Barnes and had a daughter named Annie. This William died and she then married her father-in-law
another William Barnes and had several children. Clarice's mother
was 100% Native American. I think she would be from Beaufort or
Craven counties. Any information I could get would be greatly
Floyd Phelps - firstname.lastname@example.org - 8/29/97
- I am researching the White line brought into Bath county, NC by John
White of VA on October 18, 1701. Source: Vol I, pg 436, New World
Immigrants, by Tepper. His son, Mordecai White settled in what later
became Bertie county. Thank you.
MR SAM A THOMPSON - email@example.com - 8/12/97
- Searching for information on the pre-civil war GREEN(E) and LATHAM
families families in New Bern, Craven Co., Bath and Washington in Beaufort Co. NC.
I am especially interested in information on JOHN S. GREEN(E) of
New Bern (1791-38) and his wife ELIZABETH LATHAM (1794-1883). I
believe the Lathams were originally from around Bath & Beaufort
WILLARD M. GREENE - firstname.lastname@example.org 8/12/97
My GGM was Laura Frances Robason(Robinson) born Sept 7, 1872 NC and died July 30, 1937. She is buried at Piney Grove(Dawson's) cemetery in Beaufort co. She was the wife of James Henry(aka Henry) Woolard(Woodard) born Feb 1, 1872 NC to July 30, 1937 Beaufort co., NC. They were married in Bath by JP GMD Whitley April 13, 1890 at Hunter's Bridge. Charles Tankard applied for the license. Witnesses were: JS Harrison, James S Tetterton, WB Barnes. One of their daughters stated Laura was part Indian. The letter is dated 2/9/76 by my great aunt Eleanor born Feb 1895-1980. She says, "My Grandmother on my Mother's side was Indian she died before I was born. My Grandfather was half Indian his name was James Roburson". In 1870 James was married to Mary Ann Asby and she died in 1932 so I assume he was first married to someone else. They lived a long time in the Goose Creek area. I have been told we were Cherokee. Can anyone help with this please. What Indian's were in the area and how can this be tracked. Every record I found on James and Laura lists them as white.
Sam Thompson 7/04/ 1997
Looking for descendants of JOHN WHITE, SR. who supposedly came to Bath on Oct. 18,1701 & brought family members John Jr., George, Abigail, Francis, Mary, Luke and Media. I think a later child was Mordecai White, whom my line of Whites is descended from. Thanks.
James H. Gradeless 7/04/ 1997
I am researching the Gradeless Family in Beaufort Co. I am trying to make connections with John Gradeless who was in the 1790 Federal Census in Beaufort Co. at the age of 17 with any Gradeless that preceeded him. Timothy Gradeless appeared in the Hyde Co, NC Record of Deeds A, 1736-1762. His first appearance was 1749. I would like to make the connection between the two. Amariah B. Gradeless appears on the 1850 Census in the housewhole of Redding Gradeless and is listed as a farmhand. I know that Amariah Gradeless was not the son of Redding. I would like to determine who Amariah's father was. Any one with documentation on these persons who can make connections would sure be appreciated. Timothy came to the area from Dorchester Co. in Maryland.
BILL RHODES 6/19/97
My grandfather was WILLIAM JAMES RHODES, born Apr. 1865, married MARTHA ANN LEWIS HODGES, born 1862. They lived in Washington where eight children were born; one was my father WILLIAM JAMES RHODES, Jr. I have the lineage from my grandparents to the last born in 1995. The help I need is my ancestors beyond my grandfather. I too was born in Washington, WILLIAM JAMES RHODES III, 1919. The other related families I have information to share is: JORDAN, LEWIS, WILLIAMS and ELEY. Thank you...
Linda Vandevender 6/13/97
I am looking for any info on the WOOLARD/CREDLE line. I live in Randolph co.Elkins,West Va. and I would be glad to do FREE look-ups for anybody!! My Father was Mack Rufus WOOLARD. He was born in Ransomville, NC. on 3-31-1919. He mar. my Mother (Molly McLaughlin) sometime between 1950/52. Looking for place time and date of marriage. They were in Baltimore,MD.on 9-15-1952. They lived at Holsterman &Greenbank, WV on 12-13-1957 (His place of death). His parents: Rufus WOOLARD & Claudia (CREDLE) WOOLARD were married on 6-30-1897 in Bath township. Rufus was listed as 21 years old and Claudia was listed as 18.Seeking record of their births. Claudia CREDLE's parents were John & Louisa or Louise CREDLE. I would like to know their Birth,Marriage and death dates. Rufus's parents were listed as Wm.(William ?) G. & Lottie or Lattie WOOLARD. Also seeking their birth and marriage dates, parents names, date & place of death. Mack's siblings were at least: Alice Virginia WOOLARD, Hattie Mae WOOLARD, Annie Bell(e) WOOLARD, Louise WOOLARD, William WOOLARD, John WOOLARD, Marvin WOOLARD. The court house for Beaufort county is great to send out records and the cheapest I've ever saw 25 cents and stamped self-address envelope. They have to have the dates first and I hope someone can help me with that. I would be glad to pay for any copy fees & postage. God bless you, Linda (WOOLARD) Vandevender, 122 Bruce Street, Elkins, WV 26241
ORMOND AND BLACKBEARD
MARTHA MEWBORN MARBLE6/11/ 1997
Robert E. Lee, in his book "Blackheard, The Pirate: Reappraisal of his Life and Times" states that MARY ORMOND was the last wife of BLACKBEARD. Was MARY a member of the WILLIAM ORMOND family of Bath County? Were the Ormonds connected with BLACKBEARD in anyway. Where did WILLIAM ORMAND come from.
Jim and Donna 6/08/ 1997
Looking for a connection between JOEL MARTIN and possibly JOHN MARTIN. The will of JOHN MARTIN 01-AUG-1737 BATH COUNTY, list his wife as ROCSOLANAH CARRUTHERS MARTIN. His children were JOHN MARTIN, JOSEPH MARTIN AND ELIZABETH MARTIN, there was probably a fourth since his wife was pregnant at the time of writing the will and mentioned as a devisee.
Freda P. Summar 5/22/ 1997
Looking for parental info on Eliza GILPIN, b. abt. 1830 in Bath co., NC. Also Sarah Sally EAST, b. abt. 1796 in NC.
Joe E. Wallen 4/ 27/ 1997
Need descendants of WILLIAM PRICE and MARGARET PRICE who arrived in Bath County 4 Sept. 1702. WILLIAM listed as "Ships Captain" in "Bath County, North Carolina Early Deeds and Other Records 1696-1720/21, Vol. I". WILLIAM WISE is also listed as having arrived with WILLIAM and MARGARET PRICE.
Alan Lindfield 4/ 13/ 1997
I am trying to find out more on Francis and John LINFIELD who are shown as immigrants to Bath Co. NC in 1702. I have a certain amount of information from Land Patents and other sources. They were shown as arriving June 22, and were brought to Nc by William LINFIELD. William and Ann Brice were shown on the same list of arrivals together with Elizabeth and David DEPEE. I would be grateful for any further information on any of the above. Go to LINDFIELD Homepage
Return to Bath Co. Homepage
© Diane Mason 1997,1998,1999,2001,2002