Early Churches in Goldsboro
Goldsboro's First Church
This building was the first church built in Goldsboro. It was built by the Methodists in 1853 and sold to the Primitive Baptists in 1883. The building, located on the north side of Spruce Street between John and Center Streets, was destroyed in 1965.
First Baptist Church
This is the way the First Baptist Church on South John Street looked from 1858 until 1912 when it was torn down and replaced by the Grant Office Building. The new First Baptist Church was built on an adjacent lot.
There is an article in the History section of this web site about these historic Wayne County churches.
Article and pictures courtesy of Guy
Image enhancement by Diana Holland Faust
8/00 Comments and suggestions to author: email@example.com