Nebraska State Gazetteer,
Business Directory and Farmers List
Some business / town listings A-M
* Bayard, is a postoffice in the northwestern part of Cheyenne county, established about two years, since which it has been making wonderful advancements. Population, 50.Bayard Transcipt (The), Ed Wisner pub.
Blackbird, a rural postoffice in the northwestern part of Cuming county, five miles west of Beemer.
Kennedy Geo G, postmaster.
* Coburn Junction, as its name implies is the junction of the Omaha and Ponca lines of the C st. P & M Ry in the north central part of Dakota county.Flickenger G E, sta agt.
* Dakota City is the county seat of Dakota county and about one mile from the Missouri river. It is on the line of the C. St. P. L. & O. Ry. five miles southeast of Covington and six miles from Sioux City. It has a population of 500. The North Nebraska Argus and the North Nebraska Eagle are the papers. The religious denominations being represented by the Presbyterian, Methodist and Lutheran.Ayres F H, tinsmith.
* Dexter, a flag station on the U. P. Ry., five miles east of Paxton.
Note: Lincoln CountySIZE=1 WIDTH="95%" NOSHADE>
* Hartman, a newly established postoffice in the central part of Deuel county, near the North Platte River. Stage from Ogalalla tri-weekly.Hartman S R, genl mdse, postmaster.
* Hayestown, a postoffice in the extreme southeastern part of Sherman county, 20 miles south of Loup City.
* Kelso, a postoffice in the western part of Howard county, 14 miles from St. Paul, the county seat, Dannebrog, the nearest railway station.Baxter James, justice.
* Kowanda, a postoffice in the central part of Deuel county.
Pickering A G, postmaster.
Smith L, justice.
* Mound, a postoffice located in the northwestern part of Howard counsy [sic], 20 miles from St. Paul, the county seat.
Beebe J B, justice.
Cosgrove Mary, postmaster.
Return to Gazetteer Directory
© 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 for NEGenWeb Project, W&N Wever, T&C Miller