The History of Platte County Nebraska
Township, which he farmed. As the years passed he acquired more land until his holdings increased to more than four hundred acres. He was a stock raiser of purebred Shorthorn cattle and Duroc-Jersey hogs. He was also a stock feeder, and was one of the early stockholders in the Monroe State Bank.
In 1882, Thomas Hill was married in Boston to Miss Elizabeth Wilhelmina Blanckenberg, daughter of James and Hester Schultz. Mrs. Hill was a native of Cape Town, South Africa. Her father was in Civil Service there and for many years served as the recorder of deeds in the Registrar's office at Cape Town.
Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Hill had five children: William, Hester, Gordon, Charles and Roland Hill. All were members of the Episcopal Church in Monroe, to which Mr. Hill early donated a lot.
William James Hill, of the Hill Hybrid Seed Corn Company was born September 6, 1884, at Monroe, Nebraska.
He is a son of Thomas and Elizabeth Blanckenberg Hill. Thomas Hill came to Platte County in September, 1882 from Belfast, Ireland. He died August 13, 1929, at Monroe. Elizabeth Blanckenberg Hill was born July 21, 1859, at Cape Town, South Africa, and died September, 1939, at Monroe.
William Hill had one sister, Hester, and three brothers, Gordon, Charles and Roland. He attended the Monroe schools and Columbus Business College, and then worked on his father's farm. In 1905, he started farming for himself.
On October 31, 1919, at Princeton, Illinois, William Hill was married to Eula A. Gates Hill, daughter of Edward and Susan Gates. Mrs. Hill was born in Kewanee, Illinois, October 16, 1883. She came to Monroe with her parents in 1892 where she attended the Monroe schools. An accomplished musician, she was for many years the organist and choir director of the Monroe Union Church.
The Hills had three daughters, Carol, Jean, and Arlene, all graduates of Monroe High School. Carol, Mrs. J. North Evans, has a daughter, Jane Kay Evans. Arlene married Paul Howell of Long Beach, California. Jean Hill McCartney, a graduate nurse of Clarkson Hospital of Omaha, married Ira Gates of Columbus. Eula Gates Hill died January 31, 1943.
William J. Hill, long interested in wheat farming, began raising hybrid seed corn in 1936. He started experimenting with twenty acres, and increased this acreage to one hundred fifty in ten years. In 1936 he had only one agent for his seed corn. In 1948 he had forty agents. At first a hand grader was used for grading. Later, two buildings were erected on the farm, equipped with all modem electrical aids for the selection of seed corn. William Hill also took a major part in locating and building an alfalfa mill on land adjoining the Hill farm.
He is a member of the Episcopal Church, and politically is a Republican.
Reverend Benjamin Hillier, son of George and Julia Jefcoate Hillier, was born November 9, 1878, at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and came to Platte County in June, 1942, from Fremont, Nebraska. His father, a farmer, was born May 1, 1850, in London, England, and died in May, 1908, in Brownsdale, Minnesota. His mother, born December 22, 1854, in England, died April 25, 1937, in Austin, Minnesota. Reverend Hillier has two brothers and two sisters: George, a farmer, is married; Matie J. is a teacher; Edward W. is in the insurance business and is married; and Jessie M., Mrs. Roeske, is deceased.
Reverend Hillier attended the county schools near Elm Creek, Nebraska, and the Orleans College. He has lived in Kearney, Oconto, Cozad, Lincoln, Milford, York, Fremont, and Monroe, Nebraska, and in Hiawatha and Longford, Kansas. He took a trip to Europe and Palestine in 1929.
On September 20, 1899, at West Kearney, Nebraska, he was married to Ollie Prudence Hughey, daughter of the John Newton Hugheys. Mr. Hughey, born October 13, 1853, in St. Clair County, Illinois, died in January, 1943, at Milford, Nebraska. Mrs. Hughey, born in Perry County, Illinois, March 18, 1854, died January 12, 1922, in Kearney. Mrs. Hillier had three brothers and one sister: Anna McAbee; James A., deceased; J. W. and Charley G. Hughey, deceased. Mrs. Hillier died April 20, 1947.
Reverend and Mrs. Hillier had one son, Earl L., who was born July 14, 1905, in Oklahoma, and is married.
Reverend Hillier is the minister of the Evangelical United Brethren Church of Monroe. He has preached the gospel for over fifty years. His hobby is reading. Politically, he is affiliated with the Republican Party.
Walker Robert Hitchcock, the son of Luman N. and Hattie Ferguson Hitchcock, was born July 2, 1874, at Orion, Illinois. His father was born in Cleveland, Ohio. His mother was born in Quincy, Illinois. Walker Robert had one brother and two sisters.
On January 2, 1924, at Council Bluffs, Iowa, Walker Robert Hitchcock was married to Frances Murdock, the daughter of Daniel and Mary E. Wetherbee Murdock. Mr. Murdock was born August 1, 1839, at Cambridge, Massachusetts, and died June 27, 1913, at Oconee, Nebraska. Mrs. Murdock was born August 16, 1843, at Boston, Massachusetts, and died August 14, 1922, in Columbus, Nebraska. Frances Murdock Hitchcock had one sister, Julia, who was the widow of John C. Dawson.
Mr. and Mrs. Walker Robert Hitchcock take an active interest in the community affairs of Columbus. They are members of the Wayside Country Club.
Frank Hlubocky, known as "Pete," son of Jerry and Mary Svoboda Hlubocky, was born September 9, 1913, at Howells, Nebraska. His father, a blacksmith, was born August 13, 1887, in Czechoslovakia. His mother was born at Schuyler, and died at Howells, Nebraska. Pete had four half-sisters.
He attended the Howells and Dwight public schools and was graduated from the Dwight High School.
On July 8, 1945, in Platte County, Frank Hlubocky married Rosetta Hollmann, daughter of Carl and Lucia B. Lueschen Hollmann. Mr. Hollmann, a retired farmer, was born January 12, 1884, in Sherman Township. Mrs. Hollmann, born September 27, 1887, in Sherman Township, died November 18, 1944, in Columbus. Rosetta Hollmann Hlubocky has three brothers and one sister: Leona is Mrs. Elmer Hoerle; Leonhard is married to Bernice Lake; Elmer is married to Louise Ziems; Arnold is married to Lucille Cattau. They all live on farms.
Mr. Hlubocky came to Platte County from Wahoo, Nebraska, in June of 1942. He is the proprietor of Frank's Washer Shop, in Columbus, at 2608 Twelfth Street. Prior to opening his own business, he was employed as a mechanic.
Politically, he is affiliated with the Republican Party. Mr. and Mrs. Hlubocky are members of the Christ Lutheran Church, in Bismark Township.
William Hockenberger was born in Baden, Germany, in 1818, and immigrated to the United States in 1846. He was the son of Mr. and Mrs. George Hockenberger. His father, a farmer, spent his entire life in Baden, Germany.
William Hockenberger was married to Miss Charlotte Roehrig in 1847. Miss Roehrig had come to the United States in 1837 with her parents from the Rhine Province in Germany.
William and Charlotte Roehrig Hockenberger had three sons and two daughters. The sons were William Jr., Henry F. J., and Edward C.; the daughters, Katherine and Sophia. Mrs. Hockenberger died in 1865 at the family home in Elmira, New York.
In 1866, Mr. Hockenberger was married to Mary Kling HaIm, widow of John Baptist Halm. Both John and Mary HaIm were natives of Prussia.
During the 1870's, Mr. Hockenberger was engaged in the brewery business in Blossburg, Pennsylvania. In 1877, his brewery was destroyed by fire, and in March of that year, Henry F. J. Hockenberger came to Columbus, Nebraska, to join his brother, William Jr., a mining prospector who had located in Columbus in 1876. In 1878, Mr. and Mrs. William Hockenberger, Edward C. Hockenberger, and Mrs. Hockenberger's son, E. C. Halm, came to Nebraska, locating in Boone County near Albion, where William homesteaded a quarter section of prairie land and secured an eighty-acre homestead by purchase.
William Hockenberger's daughters remained in the East, Katherine marrying Michael Deister in New York, Sophia marrying Charles Evans and living later at Atlanta, Georgia.
On January 26, 1887, Mr. Hockenberger died on his farm near Albion, and was buried in the Columbus Cemetery. Mrs. Hockenberger returned to New York, where she died in 1905. Her son, E. C. Halm, lived in Humphrey, Nebraska, until his death.
Henry F. J. Hockenberger was born in Corning, New York, September 8, 1860. He was the son of William and Charlotte Roehrig Hockenberger. He was five years old when his mother died. His father then married Mary Kling HaIm.
Henry Frederick John Hockenberger
Henry Hockenberger attended the public schools of Elmira, New York, and Blossburg, Pennsylvania.
After his grammar school course, he worked in Elmira several years for a cooper. He returned then to his home in Blossburg, and was employed in his father's brewery until it was destroyed by fire in 1877.
Henry's older brother, William Jr., had gone west meanwhile to seek a fortune in the Black Hills. Enroute there, he stopped over in Columbus, Nebraska. At that time Columbus was considered the gateway to the Lead and Deadwood country. Here, in 1876, William Jr. joined a group of mining prospectors and began writing home glowing reports of the town's advantages.'
Henry, fired by his brother's letters, came to Columbus in March, 1877. A few months later, his father and step-mother, and their sons, Edward C. Hockenberger and E. C. HaIm, joined him, and the family shortly after located on a homestead in Boone County.
Henry worked on his father's farm until he was eighteen. He was employed then in Columbus by V. T. Price in the firm of Becher and Price and until January 1, 1880, he worked there part-time. He was then made a clerk, and for two years slept in the office, saving enough from his salary to help carry his parents through the drouth years on the farm.
In 1891, Mr. Hockenberger became a member of the firm. It was known then as Becher, Jaeggi and Company. Leopold Jaeggi, in 1900, was succeeded by Edwin Hull Chambers, and the firm name was again changed, this time to Becher, Hockenberger and Chambers. In
The History of Platte County Nebraska
1913, when the firm was incorporated, its founder, Gus G. Becher, retired. He was succeeded by his son, Gus. G. Becher Jr. At the same time, Mr. Hockenberger became president of the firm and continued in that capacity until his death in 1932.
Prior to this, in 1886, when the Columbus Land, Loan and Building Association was organized, Henry Hockenberger had become its secretary and was made a member of the Board of Directors.
On September 8, 1883, Mr. Hockenberger was married to Emelié Louise Metz, daughter of Philip and Josephine Becher Metz of Omaha, and a niece of Gustavus G. Becher, Jr.
Henry and Emelié Metz Hockenberger had three sons and three daughters. William III, a graduate of the Culver Military Academy, died February 6, 1948. Philip R., president of the Becher, Hockenberger and Chambers Company, lives in Columbus. Paul, a graduate of Columbus High School, attended the Universities of Nebraska, and Illinois, and lives in Sheridan, Wyoming. Lottie Metz, Mrs. Julius S. Nichols of Columbus, studied voice at the Conservatory of Music of the University of Nebraska, in Lincoln. Elaine Katherine attended Ward-Belmont Junior College in Nashville, Tennessee, and has followed a business career in Columbus. Josephine Charlotte, known as "Tora," married Thomas Faulkner of Helena, Arkansas. She was graduated from Ward-Belmont Junior College at Nashville, Tennessee.
Henry Hockenberger, always interested in the cultural life of his community, was generous with both time and money for worthy causes of a public nature. He helped organize the first Y.M.C.A., which had its inception in the 1880's and lasted about ten years. He was active also in promoting the formation of the present Y.M.C.A. C. C. Sheldon was its first president, and Mr. Hockenberger its first vice-president. Mr. Hockenberger also served as its president. In the development of the Columbus Public Library, he was a member of the board from 1905 to 1916.
As a member of the Commercial Club, and later of the Chamber of Commerce, Mr. Hockenberger assisted greatly in the promotion of the Loup River Public Power and Irrigation projects, which began in the early 1890's. He served also as secretary of the two organizations.
Politically, Mr. Hockenberger was affiliated with the Prohibition Party; he later became a Republican.
For many years he was a vestryman and the treasurer of the Grace Episcopal Church, of which the entire family are members.
A lover of beauty, his spacious home, at Fifteenth Street and Twenty-third Avenue, was set in a beautiful formal garden. He was also a lover of good literature, and with his wife was a member of the German Reading Circle, organized in 1886 and composed of a group of friends who met periodically for more than forty years to read and discuss books and plays in German and English.
Henry Hockenberger died December 27, 1932.
Philip Roehrig Hockenberger, known to his friends and associates as "Phil," was born in Columbus, Nebraska, June 25, 1894. He is the son of Henry and Emelié Metz Hockenberger, and the grandson of William Hockenberger, who came to Nebraska in 1878, and Charlotte Roehrig Hockenberger. His maternal grandparents were Philip and Josephine Becher Metz.
Philip Roehrig Hockenberger
Both his paternal and maternal grandfathers were interested in the brewery business. William Hockenberger owned and operated a brewery at Blossburg, Pennsylvania, prior to 1878, and Philip Metz owned and founded the Metz Brewing Company in Omaha, Nebraska.
Philip Hockenberger was graduated from the Columbus High School in 1911. He enrolled then in the School of Engineering at the Armour Institute of Technology in Chicago, Illinois, where he became a member of the Delta Tau Delta Fraternity. In 1916, he finished his course in engineering.
Mr. Hockenberger started his business career in 1913 when he was employed in the Drafting Department of the San Francisco Exposition Company at San Francisco. The next year, 1914, he started working for the Becher, Hockenberger and Chambers Company in Columbus. He returned in 1915 to school in Chicago, and on completing his course became assistant buyer in the Household Utilities Department for Marshall Field and Company, in Chicago, Illinois.
During World War I. Mr. Hockenberger served with the Marine Corps from May, 1917, to July, 1919.
In 1919, he became associated again with the Becher, Hockenberger and Chambers Company, where he worked in the office. From 1923 to 1932 he served as secretary, and on the death of his father in 1932, he became vice-president of the company. In the same year he was made secretary to the Columbus Land, Loan and Building Association.
Following the death of Gustavus G. Becher III in 1937, Phil Hockenberger became president of the Becher, Hockenberger and Chambers Company.
In 1933, he was elected vice-president and director of the Loup River Public Power District, and later served as its president. He also was vice-president and on the board of directors of Consumers Public Power District, and later its president.
On June 25, 1924, Mr. Hockenberger was married
to Miss Ruth Jean Albert, daughter of Judge I. L. and Jean Bruce Powley Albert. Mrs. Hockenberger's paternal grandparents were Daniel and Barbara Kephart Albert, of Clearfield County, Pennsylvania. Her maternal grandparents were John Brooks and Elizabeth Bruce Powley, of Wellington, Ontario.
Ruth Albert Hockenberger was graduated from the Columbus High School. She then attended the University of Nebraska, where she was affiliated with the Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority. She taught in the Primary Department of the Columbus city schools for two years prior to her marriage in 1924.
Philip Roehrig and Ruth Albert Hockenberger had four children: Barbara Bruce, Charlotte, Henry F. J., and Philip Roehrig Jr.
Barbara Bruce is a graduate of Kramer High School and attended Ward-Belmont Junior College at Nashville, Tennessee, for one year. She then enrolled at the University of Nebraska, and is a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority. On December 28, 1946 she was married to Willis Ferguson of West Point, Nebraska, at the Grace Episcopal Church in Columbus. They have a daughter, Babette, born in 1949.
Charlotte, a graduate of Kramer High School, attended MacMurray College at Jacksonville, Illinois, and was graduated from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri.
Henry F. J. Hockenberger, Jr. was graduated from Kramer High School in 1949. Philip Roehrig Jr. attends Kramer High School.
Phil R. Hockenberger has served the city as a member of its council, and is a member and past president of the Chamber of Commerce. His interests include many local investments, the alfalfa mill and manufacturing. His hobby is the promotion of civic interests.
Fraternally, he is a member of the Knights of Pythias, the B.P.O. Elks, and is a member of the Wayside Country Club, and a Republican. All of the family are members of the Grace Episcopal Church.
Carl H. Hoge, the son of Adolph and Augusta Ewert Hoge, was born in Columbus Township on March 7, 1898. His mother died in 1908. He has two brothers, Adolph, of Columbus Township, and Otto of Columbus.
Carl attended the Columbus schools and took a business course at the Columbus Commercial College. After completing his business course, he worked as an auditor for the Elevator Roller Mills from 1916-1920.
From 1920-1925, he was auditor for the Farmer's Union Store, and from 1925-1926, he was auditor for Swift and Company, in Columbus.
In 1925, he was elected to the office of Platte County Clerk, and has served efficiently in that capacity for twenty-five years.
On October 8, 1932, in Columbus, Carl H. Hoge was married to Mary Stoll, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Gustav Stoll, of Columbus. Mrs. Hoge attended the Columbus schools. She served as the Deputy County Treasurer prior to her marriage.
Carl H. Hoge served for several years as the chairman of the Platte County Red Cross Chapter. He has served on many important county and city committees.
He holds memberships in the A.F. and A.M., the Columbus Chamber of Commerce, the Knights of Pythias, the Y.M.C.A., the Fraternal Order of Eagles, and the B.P.O.E. (Elks). His hobbies are fishing and baseball. Politically, he is affiliated with the Republican Party.
Mr. and Mrs. Carl H. Hoge are members of the Trinity Lutheran Church, of Columbus.
Edward Hollmann, veteran Platte County farmer, was born in Sherman Township February 6, 1882. His father, Dietrich, was born in Germany, April 5, 1834. He came to Platte County in 1869, and died in Sherman Township in May, 1904. Edward's mother, Wilhelmina Plugge Hollmann, was born in Oldenburg, Germany, in 1855, and died in January, 1891, in Sherman Township.
Mr. Hollmann has one brother and four sisters: Carl, Louise, Pauline, Mrs. Ida Meyer, and Mrs. Emma Dirks. A brother, Louis, died in 1915, and a sister, Wilhelmina, in 1891.
Mr. Hollmann received his education at the District 48 School, and Christ Lutheran Parochial School. He was married March 8, 1905, at the Christ Lutheran Church to Miss Clara Kreye, daughter of Arendt and Maria Wichman Kreye. To this union were born nine children: Julius, a farmer, married to Lucia Lueschen; Hulda, who died in infancy; Rose, who was Mrs. Otto Marty and who died in 1932; Mrs. Elma Rosenthal; Mrs. Dora Hellbusch; David, married to Eunice Heibel; Mrs. Edna Mueller, of Leigh, Nebraska; Walter, married to Lorraine Wurdeman; and lona, who is living at home. David served three years and three months in the ground forces of the Air Corps in the Pacific. All of the Hollmann children attended Christ Lutheran School.
Mr. Hollmann, who has always been active in school and church work, has been treasurer of the school board of the District 48 School for forty years, and has been on the school board of Christ Lutheran Church for twenty years. He served as treasurer of Christ Lutheran Church in 192223, and as trustee in 1920-21. He is a director of the Farmer's Mutual Home Insurance Company of Hooper, Nebraska, and for eight years was associated with the A.A.A. Politically, Mr. Hollmann is a Republican.
Carl Emil Hollmann, prominent farmer, was born in Sherman Township January 12, 1884. His parents were Dietrich and Wilhelmina Plugge Hollmann. Dietrich Hollmann came to Platte County in 1869; he was born in Oldenburg April 5, 1834, and died in Sherman Township in May, 1904. Wilhelmina Hollmann was
The History of Platte County Nebraska
born in Oldenburg December 22, 1855, and died in January, 1891, in Sherman Township.
Carl Hollmann is one of eight children. Louise lives at Arlington, Nebraska. Pauline lives in Columbus. Louis died November 9, 1915. Edward married Clara Kreye. Ida, Mrs. George Meyer, lives at Osmond, Nebraska. Emma is the wife of Dick Dirks. Wilhelmina died January 13, 1891.
On March 3, 1908, Mr. Hollmann was married to Miss Lucia B. Lueschen, daughter of Herman G. and Bertha Spanhake Lueschen. Five children were born to this union: Leona, Mrs. Elmer Hoerle; Leonhard, born November 2, 1911, married to Bernice Lake; Elmer, born February 4, 1915, married to Louise Ziems; Arnold, born December 15, 1917, married to Lucille Cattau; and Rosetta, is the wife of Frank Hlubocky. The Hollmann children attended school in District 77, and the Christ Lutheran Parochial School.
Mrs. Hollmann died November 18, 1944.
Mr. Hollmann, who is retired, is a member of Christ Lutheran Church in Bismark Township.
Fritz Hollmann, Creston Township farmer, was born in Oldenburg, Germany, March 1. 1888, and came to Platte County March 17, 1899. He attended school in District 45.
On February 18, 1915, he was married to Miss Dorothea Sander at St. Paul's Lutheran Church. Mrs. Hollmann was the daughter of Louis and Mathilda Sander. She has two brothers: Werner and Harvey Sander.
Mr. and Mrs. Hollmann have one daughter, Emma Hollmann. They are members of St. Paul's Lutheran Church.
Daniel J. Holloran belongs to the third generation of the Holloran family of Walker Township on Shell Creek. He is the son of Maurice, Jr. and Catherine Lucid Holloran. His grandfather, Daniel Holloran, Sr., the first member of the family in Platte County, was born in County Kerry, Ireland, in 1839. He immigrated to the United States with his father, Maurice Holloran, in 1851, and settled in St. Louis, Missouri. Maurice Holloran, Sr., a construction worker, died in St. Louis in 1856.
In the spring of 1865, Daniel Holloran, Sr. left St. Louis for Omaha, Nebraska, where he remained until 1870, when he moved to Platte County, and homesteaded on Shell Creek, near the present village of Lindsay. This homestead was chosen as the first Lindsay village townsite, and was subsequently sold to the Fremont, Elkhorn & Missouri Valley Railroad in 1884 for that purpose. The Holloran buildings and household goods were moved from the homestead in the spring of 1885 to a tract of land situated one mile north of the first homestead. The second location has been owned and farmed by the Hollorans for the past sixty-five years.
During the fall and winter of 1886, when the tracks were being laid for the Fremont, Elkhorn & Missouri Valley Railroad (now the Northwestern), a combination grocery store and saloon was located on the first Holloran homestead, and was maintained by Tom Farrell. This old store building exists today, and is used as a granary on the farm of Mrs. Anna Polzin. The village of Lindsay was eventually located about two miles southeast of the first purchased site and is now a part of St. Bernard Township.
During the fifteen years, from 1870 to 1885, when Daniel Holloran, Sr. lived on his homestead, his farm, by virtue of its location, became a resting and feeding station for persons traveling to and from Columbus. The bridge across Shell Creek which was used by these travelers was known then, and is still remembered by the older residents of Walker Township, as Holloran's Bridge.
In 1864, in St. Louis, Missouri, Daniel Holloran, Sr. married Mary Scollard, daughter of Tom and Mary Gurnett Scollard. Mr. and Mrs. Holloran had one son, Maurice, Jr., born in Omaha, Nebraska, October 16, 1866. Mr. Holloran, Sr. retired from the farm to Lindsay, in 1903, and died there July 1. 1908. Mrs. Holloran, who was born in 1839, in County Kerry, Ireland, died in Lindsay December 23, 1923. Daniel Holloran, Sr. had two brothers, Tom and Richard, who remained in St. Louis. Both are now deceased. A sister, Mrs. Maurice Griffin, came to Platte County in May, 1879, and died in Lindsay in 1923.
Maurice Holloran, Jr. attended the District 18 school and worked for his father until he assumed the management of the Holloran farm, in 1897. On February 22, 1897, he married Catherine Lucid, daughter of John and Bridget O'Neill Lucid. They had two children: Viola, the wife of William Geilenkirchen, lives in Estherville, Iowa. The Geilenkirchens have two children, Billy and Kathleen. Daniel Holloran, Jr. attended the District 18 rural school, the Holy Family School, in Lindsay, and is a graduate of the Lindsay High School. He also attended St. Francis College, at Quincy, Illinois.
Maurice Holloran, Jr. died June 29, 1905. After his death, his wife and two children Daniel and Viola moved to Lindsay. The farm was then rented until March, 1921, when Daniel, Jr. engaged in the business of farming. Besides farming, he raises Hereford cattle and Duroc Jersey hogs. His mother, Mrs. Maurice Holloran, died in Lindsay, January 15, 1941.
The Hollorans were members of the Catholic Church. Prior to the construction of the Catholic Church at St. Bernard, in 1878, the mission priest, Father John M. J. Smyth, on his regular trips to O'Neill, Nebraska, from Columbus, said mass in the Holloran family home. The Holloran home also served as the church for the weddings of Sam and Alice Gogan Connelly and John and Catherine Connelly Gogan.
Daniel J. Holloran, Jr. is a member of the Holy Family Church in Lindsay and, like his father and grandfather, is a staunch supporter of the Democratic Party.
© 2005 for the NEGenWeb Project by Ted & Carole Miller