Anton Loeffler, born in Baden, Germany, January 17, 1852, immigrated to the United States in 1872. He lived first in Mercer County, Illinois, and next in Peru, LaSalle County, Illinois. He worked in Peru three years, and in 1875 went to Marshailtown, Iowa, where he farmed for one year.
In 1876 Mr. Loeffler went across country to Madison County with a team and wagon, where he lived on a farm seventeen years before coming to Platte County in 1893 and locating on a farm in St. Bernard Township.
In 1879 he was married to Miss Lena Sent, daughter of Bernard and Mary Sent. They had thirteen children: John, Frank, and Henry; Mary, Mrs. John Leam; Clara, Mrs. Frank Kenepfaliner; William, Anna, Margaret, Lena, Fritz, Louis, Raymond and Sarah.
The Loefflers were members of the St. Bernard Catholic Church. Mr. Loeffler was a Democrat.
(Notes - Typos? Wife Lena SAND. Son-in-law John THIEM.)
Harry H. Lohr was born February 25, 1880, in Columbus. His father, William G. Lohr, was born April 20, 1836, in Staystown, Pennsylvania, and arrived in Columbus May 3, 1872, from Dixon, Illinois. He died June 27, 1903, in Columbus. He was a laundryman. Harry's mother, Katherne Shank, was born January 30, 184!, in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, and died December 4, 1915, in Columbus. He had three brothers: Thomas Jefferson, married to Mary Knight, died in 1921; George, married to Alpha Baker, died July 4, 1888; William, married to Alice Hannemeyer, died February 1, 1931.
Harry Lohr lived in Columbus all his life. He attended high school through the tenth grade. From 1897 to 1947 he was a railroad worker.
On June 24, 1908, in Columbus, he was married to Ida May Kaufmann, daughter of J. E. and Augusta Gradoske Kaufmann. J. E. Kaufmann was born in Germany, and died in Columbus in 1928. He was a lumberman. Mrs. Kaufmann died in Columbus in 1908. Mrs. Lohr had two sisters and three brothers: Louise, died March 10, 1942, in Columbus; Sophie, Mrs. Henry Gass; Augusta, Mrs. William Fontein; William, a resort owner, married to Anna Sturgeon; Theodore, a hardware man, married to Emma Lusche; and Herman, a landowner, married to Louise Moersen.
Harry H. and Ida May Lohr had two children: Elmer H., born August 16, 1910, in Columbus, was graduated from Columbus High School and the University of Nebraska. He married Loretta Saunto, and is in the petroleum business in Columbus. Harry H., born December 23, 1915, graduated from Columbus High School and the University of Nebraska. He married Pearl Asche, and is chief train dispatcher for the Union Pacific Railroad. They live in Omaha.
Harry Lohr worked for the Union Pacific for fifty years. He was a member of the Brotherhood of Railway Trainmen, O.R.T., Wayside Country Club, Chamber of Commerce, and was a Republican. He was mayor and councilman of Columbus for twelve years.
His hobbies were fishing and baseball. He attended the Immanuel Lutheran Church.
He died August 21, 1947.
Elmer Harry Lohr, son of Harry H. and Ida Kaufmann Lohr, was born August 6, 1910, in Columbus, Nebraska.
Harry H. Lohr was born in Columbus, February 25, 188o, and died August 21, 1947. Ida Kaufmann Lohr was born at Hampton, Nebraska, on May 6, 1881, and resides in Columbus. Elmer Lohr has one brother, Harry K., who married Pearl Asche, and lives in Omaha.
Elmer Harry Lohr
Elmer attended the Columbus grade schools and was graduated from Kramer High School, and the University of Nebraska, where he was affiliated with Delta Upsilon Fraternity.
On June 18, 1937, Elmer Lohr was married at Columbus to Loretta Saunto, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Abraham Saunto of O'Neil, Nebraska. Mr. and Mrs. Saunto, natives of Syria, had three sons and three daughters: Joseph, married to Katherine Moore; Rose, married to James Risk; Fred, married to Maxine McConnel; Amelia, Mrs. Alvin Damme; Clarence, married to Mildred Miller; and Loretta.
Loretta Saunto Lohr studied voice and has been a soloist on many local programs, and on the Board of the "Friends of Music." Prior to her marriage she taught in Columbus. Elmer H. and Loretta Saunto Lohr had two sons, James E., born March 23, 1939; and John F., horn February 11, 1942. Both attended Columbus Grade School and are much interested in cub scouting, football and baseball. Both, also, are musically inclined.
Mr. Lohr, owner and operator of the Phillips Petroleum Company in Columbus, is a member and past president of the Chamber of Commerce, a member of the Columbus Volunteer Fire Department; Boy Scout Executive Board, Columbus Home Builders, Loup River Basin Association, Red Cross Membership Committee, Community Chest Board, Y.M.C.A., and the Masons. Mr. and Mrs. Lohr belong to the Wayside Country Club, the Friends of Music, and the Columbus Dancing Club.
Elmer Lohr's hobbies are fishing and hunting. He and his family spend many summers fishing in Minnesota, and at Lake of the Woods, Canada. He is also an ardent duck hunter.
The Elmer Lohrs attend the Federated Church, and are Republicans.
The History of Platte County Nebraska
Zela Hadley Loomis, the son of George L. and Alice Hadley Loomis, was born February 10, 1891, in Fremont, Nebraska. He had four brothers and one sister: Mrs. Laird, who was the wife of Fred C. Laird, County Judge of Dodge County, died in Fremont in June, 1949; Bayard Loomis, of Omaha; Floyd, of Portland; Howard and Wayne, of Fremont. His father, George L. Loomis, was an attorney.
Z. H. Loomis received his early education at the Fremont grade schools and was graduated from the Fremont High School in 1908. He then attended and was graduated from the Fremont Normal College, now the Midland College.
On November 2, 1912, at Sioux City, Iowa, Z. H. Loomis was married to Svea C. Lindecrantz, who was born in Kearney, Nebraska. Mr. and Mrs. Loomis have one son, Laird Hadley, born October 24, 1921, in Columbus. Laird is married to Lois Carlson.
Zela H. Loomis has been engaged in newspaper work for many years, and is known throughout Nebraska for his outstanding work in that field. Before 1909 he was a reporter for the Fremont Daily Herald. From 1909-1912 day editor of the Fremont Daily Tribune.
Since 1912 he has been part owner, vice-president and now is the general manager of the Columbus Telegram Company, publishers of the Columbus Daily Telegram.
Politically Mr. Loomis is affiliated with the Democratic Party. He was a member of the Nebraska Board of National Recovery Administration during 1933 and 1934.
Z. H. Loomis is a member of the Columbus Chamber of Commerce, the Wayside Country Club, and the B.P.O.E. (Elks). He retains membership in the I.O.O.F. at Fremont. His hobbies are travel and fishing.
Mr. and Mrs. Zela H. Loomis are members of the Dinner Bridge Club. They are members of the Congregational Church, and attend the Federated Church in Columbus.
Laird Hadley Loomis, the son of Zela Hadley and Svea C. Lindecrantz Loomis, was born on October 24, 1921, in Columbus. His father, a newspaper publisher, part owner and general manager of the Columbus Daily Telegram, was born February 10, 1891, in Fremont, Nebraska. His mother was born in Kearney.
Laird H. attended the Columbus schools and was graduated from the Kramer High School. He also attended the University of Nebraska and the University of Missouri, where he was graduated and received his degree. He majored in journalism.
During World War II, from May, 1942-May, 1946, he served as a bombardier in the Army Air Corps. He was stationed in the Pacific Theatre and participated in the bombing of Saipan and Guam. He was awarded three Battle Stars and the Air Medal.
On January 29, 1945, at Columbus, Laird Loomis was married to Lois Carlson, the daughter of Fred and Wilma Bruce Carlson. Mr. Carlson is the assistant postmaster in Columbus. Lois Carlson Loomis has one brother, Bruce.
Mr. and Mrs. Laird H. Loomis have one son, Laird Frederick, born November 20, 1945, in Columbus.
Mr. Loomis has been engaged in newspaper work on the Columbus Daily Telegram. He is a member of the Holiday Club, the B.P.O.E. (Elks), the Junior Chamber of Commerce, the Friends of Music, of which he has been a director, and the American Legion. His hobbies are hunting and music. Politically, he is affiliated with the Democratic Party.
Mr. and Mrs. Loomis are members of the Congregational Church, and attend the Federated Church in Columbus.
Henry Loseke, Sr., born October 11, 1837, in Oldenburg, Germany, came to Platte County with his parents, Mr. and Mrs. John H. Loseke, in 1858, two years after the town of Columbus was founded. The family settled on the creek that now bears the Loseke name.
In 1864 Henry Loseke, Sr. was married to Mrs. Kumpf. Mrs. Kumpf had two daughters, Mrs. William Bucher and Mrs. Henry Groteluschen. She died in September, 1909. Mr. and Mrs. Loseke, Sr. had two daughters and three sons: Mrs. L. H. Leavy, of Columbus; Mrs. William Reese, Henry, Jr., Louis, and August.
Henry Loseke, Sr., a brother of Johan Gerhard Loseke, was one of the founders of Loseke Creek Church, now Christ Lutheran, In Columbus he was a member of the Immanuel Lutheran Church.
Mr. Loseke, Sr., a pioneer in Platte County, helped much in its progress from a barren prairie to a rich farming community.
Johan Gerhard Loseke was born in Oldenburg, Germany, about 1830. He died in 1888 in Colfax County. In 1857 he was married to Catherine Schuette in Germany. Around 1880, they immigrated to Nebraska, buying homestead land in Colfax County, in what is known as the Loseke Neighborhood.
After Mr. Loseke's death, Mrs. Loseke lived in Columbus. She died in September, 1910.
The Johan Losekes had four daughters and seven sons. The daughters were: Mrs. Otto Heur, Mrs. William Loseke, Mrs. Anna Weisshaar, and Mrs. Elsie Steneman. The sons were: George, Gerhard, Carl, Heinrich, Gustav, Wilhelm and Herman. All the sons farmed in Loseke Neighborhood.
At the time of Mrs. Johan Loseke's death, there were fifty grandchildren. Isabelle, daughter of Wilhelm, married Jack Treinies of Columbus.
Gerhard Loseke was born February 14, 1861, in OIdenburg, Germany, and died March 20, 1935. He was eighteen when he immigrated alone to America, pio-
neering the trail for his parents, Johan Gerhard and Catherine Schuette Loseke, and his brothers and sisters who followed him a few years later.
On his arrival in New York in 1879, Gerhard was cautioned: "Don't go to Nebraska. You'll find nothing there but grasshoppers and snakes, and the government has to feed the people." Undaunted, he came on, locating first in Colfax County where he worked as a farmhand. A year later he went to Washington County. Three years later, with his savings, he bought a farm near Leigh in Colfax County.
When asked if he homesteaded, Mr. Loseke always replied, "No, I had to buy my own land." On his retirement, in 1920, he gave a farm to each of his five sons.
On March 19, 1885, he was married to Miss Minnie Lusche, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Lusche of Bismark Township. Henry Lusche was born June 1, 1823, in Germany, and was one of the thirteen men who founded the City of Columbus.
Gerhard and Minnie Lusche Loseke had five sons and four daughters: William, Arnold, Otto, David, Walter, Mrs. Julius Asche, Mrs. Gus Asche, Mrs. Herman Schlueter, and Mrs. A. Busse.
In 1920 Mr. and Mrs. Loseke moved to Columbus, where Mrs. Loseke was active in the Ladies' Aid Society of the Trinity Lutheran Church.
Emil G. Loseke, well-known Bismark Township farmer, belongs to the third generation of his family to farm in Platte County. His grandfather, John H. Loseke, and his father, Gerhard Loseke, immigrated from Germany in 1858.
John H. Loseke brought his family to Platte County two years after the founding of Columbus, settling on government land in Bismark Township near a small stream known as Loseke Creek. Their first home was a dugout. John Loseke died at the home of his son, Gerhard, March 18, 1891. His wife, Anna Grotelueschen Loseke, died August 8, 1879.
Gerhard Loseke, born in Oldenburg, Germany, May 6, 1852, was six years old when he came to Platte County. He attended school in District 2 in Bismark Township, then assisted his father in the operation of his farm. At seventeen, Gerhard was farming for himself, and through his progressive farming methods, acquired one thousand acres of farmland in Platte County. His children were each given farms and he retained one hundred twenty acres for himself.
Gerhard Loseke was among the first in Platte County to begin shipping stock. In 1913 he retired and moved to Columbus. His marriage to Miss Eliza Mueller, also a native of Germany, took place July 11, 1873. Eight children were born to this union: E. Wilhelmina, wife of Charles Wurdeman, Columbus architect; Emilene Josephine, widow of Adolph Frese; Edward Gustave, who married Emma Luers; George E., who married Lillie Korte; Edwin Gerhard, who married Alma Huntemann; Emma Elsie, Mrs. William Luckey; Emil Gottfried; and Ernest Walter, who married Martha Arnold. Mrs. Gerhard Loseke died June 2, 1893.
In 1913, Gerhard was married to Miss Emma Hanstadt. She died in Columbus October 11, 1932.
Emil Loseke was born in Bismark Township January 21, 1891, and attended the rural schools. On June II, 1913, at Columbus, he was married to Miss Anna Marie Mueller, daughter of Rudolph and Susan Karlin Mueller, prominent Platte County residents. Mr. and Mrs. Loseke had six children: Evelyn, born April 23, 1914, married to Clarence Olson; Harvey, born November 29, 1917, married to Gladys Kluck; Gilbert, born April 11, 1921, married to Louise Pancost; Mervin, born April 2, 1924; Ethel, born July 31, 1926; and Jerald, born September 7, 1930. Harvey and Gilbert are veterans of World War II. All attended school in District 10 and the Kramer High School in Columbus.
The Emil Loseke family are members of Trinity Lutheran Church in Columbus.
Harvey B. Loseke
Harvey B. Loseke, born in Columbus November 29, 1917, is the son of Emil G. and Anna Marie Mueller Loseke of Bismark Township. He has three brothers and two sisters: Evelyn S., Gilbert T., Mervin R., Ethel M., and Jerald D. His grandfather was Gerhard Loseke, who came to Platte county from Oldenburg, Germany, in 1858.
Harvey attended school in District 10 in Bismark Township, and was graduated from Kramer High School in 1935.
He worked then on the farm and later as a clothing salesman. In 1936 he was employed at the Central National Bank as a bookkeeper; and is now an assistant cashier there.
On August 3, 1941, he was married to Miss Gladys Kluck, daughter of Arthur and Blanche Bures Kluck of Richiand, Nebraska. They had two daughters: Beverly June, born June 5, 1945, at Denver, Colorado; and Barbara Jean, born May 4, 1948, in Columbus.
Mr. Loseke served with the United States Army Air Corps from January, 1942, until November, 1945.
He was ten months on the Aleutian Islands in armament work.
The Losekes hold membership in the Trinity Lutheran Church in Columbus. Mr. Loseke is a member of the American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, and the Junior Chamber of Commerce.
The History of Platte County Nebraska
George Loshbaugh, the son of Perry and Sarah Shank Loshbaugh, was born in Columbus in the late 1870's. His father was born on May 18, 1849, and came to Platte County in 1872. His mother was born on March 16, 1847, and came to Columbus in 1874. Perry Loshbaugh and Sarah Shank were married in Columbus on November 11, 1875, and fifty years later, on November 11, 1925, they celebrated their Golden Wedding Anniversary. Perry Loshbaugh died in Columbus on April 13, 1928, and Mrs. Loshbaugh died there on September 8, 1931.
George Loshbaugh received his formal education in the Columbus schools and then was employed by the Union Pacific Railroad Company.
He was married to Eva Gregorious, the daughter of Jacob and Katherine Nemicek Gregorious, who came to Columbus in the late 1860's, Eva Gregorious was born in Columbus and attended the Columbus schools.
George and Eva Gregorious Loshbaugh had five sons and two daughters. They all attended the Columbus schools and were graduated from the Columbus High School. They are all married, and with the exception of Fredrick and Rose, are married into Columbus families.
Arthur was married to Celia Kent. They had three children. Fredrick was married to Marie Eberly, of Chicago. They had two children. Eva was married to Eugene Fauble. They had two children. Carroll was married to Jean Pearse. They have a daughter. George, Jr., was married to Emma Partsch. They had two children. Rose was married to Leonard Knadle. They had four children. Robert was married to Eleanor Van Berg. They have a daughter. Carroll and Robert live in Columbus. Carroll is in Civil Service and works at the Columbus Post Office. Robert is with the M. H. Van Berg Sales Company.
George Loshbaugh was a member of the Union Pacific Old Timers' Club and the Grace Episcopal Church. He is deceased.
Robert Loshbaugh, the son of George and Eva Gregorious Loshbaugh, was born in Columbus, Nebraska, on May 1, 1921. He has four brothers and two sisters.
Robert attended the Columbus schools and was graduated from Kramer High School in the class of 1939.
During World War II, he enlisted in the United States Armed Forces. He received his military training at Las Vegas, Nevada, Goidsboro, North Carolina, Amarillo, Texas, Roswell, New Mexico, and Kearns, Utah. He served overseas for five months.
On December 31, 1942, Robert Loshbaugh was married to Eleanor Van Berg, the daughter of Marian H. and Viola Swartz Van Berg. They have one daughter, Cheryl Christine, born December 23, 1946.
Eleanor Van Berg Loshbaugh has six sisters and two brothers. She was graduated from Kramer High School and Van Sants School of Business in Omaha. Before her marriage, she was employed at the-Columbus Sales Pavillion in Columbus and for the Hartford Fire Insurance Company in Los Angeles, California. During World War II, she worked for the United States Army.
Robert Loshbaugh is an assistant to M. H. Van Berg at the Columbus Sales Pavillion. He holds memberships in the junior Chamber of Commerce, the American Legion, and the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
Mr. and Mrs. Robert Loshbaugh are members of the Grace Episcopal Church of Columbus.
The name of Jacob Louis, which is among the names of the founders of Columbus and Platte County carved on the exterior wall of the Platte County Court House, has remained prominent in Platte County History for nearly one hundred years. Mr. Louis was born in Bedigheim, Wurtemburg, Germany, September 2, 1834, and came to Omaha, Nebraska from Columbus, Ohio, early in 1856. He was one of the advance guard for the Columbus Company, and one of the thirteen founders who arrived here on May 29, 1856, to found a town.
The present Louis farm, which adjoins Columbus on the Eighth Street Road, was staked out by Jacob Louis in 1856. This one hundred sixty-acre tract was purchased from the government for one dollar twenty-five per acre. Here, Mr. Louis built a log cabin and began farming in the pioneer way with ox teams. His perseverance and hard work in breaking the prairie sod was soon rewarded by a marked change in the appearance of his claim. It also marked the beginning of the development of Platte County farming.
After eight years Jacob Louis returned to Columbus, Ohio, where, in 1865, he married Katherine Engel, a native of Germany, born at Darmstadt-Hesse, April 2, 1842. Shortly after their marriage, Mr. and Mrs. Louis came to Columbus, and established their home on Mr. Louis' land. Upon their trip here, as they, were crossing the Mississippi River, they received the news of President Lincoln's assassination. This was an event of great historical importance. Feeling against the assassin ran high. The incident was often told to the Louis children, when their parents retold stories of their pioneer life.
Another experience told to them by their parents was the story of the Indians. One evening, when Mr. Louis was doing his farm chores, he was suddenly and silently surrounded by five warriors mounted on their ponies. The redskins quickly drew their bows and arrows. Mr. Louis zigzagged toward the house, grabbed his rifle, and shot above them to frighten them away. He was careful not to shoot an Indian, for the Indians never forgave the killing of one of their tribe, and the penalty for the white man who had killed an Indian was to be skinned alive.
Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Louis had six children. Charles J., born June 30, 1867, farmed the original farm until his death, April 26, 1943. The Louis farm is now operated by his son, Charles, Jr. George John Louis, engaged in farming, resides in Platte County. John, born
in 1872, died when he was five years old. Jacob, Jr., former treasurer of Platte County, died in April, 1946. Katherine the wife of William Stevenson, died in 1948, and Anna Louis died in infancy.
Mr. Louis, who had helped found and build Columbus, saw it grow from a struggling townsite to one of Nebraska's finest communities. As the town prospered, so did pioneer Jacob Louis, for at the time of his death, October 6, 1909, he owned five hundred acres of good Nebraska farmland. Mrs. Katherine Louis died May 17, 1914.
Charles J. Louis, a lifelong resident of Columbus, was born June 30, 1867, in a log house in Columbus. He was the son of Jacob and Katherine Engel Louis. He attended the first frame school house in the little town, the old First Ward, then located in block 45, of the original city of Columbus.
After attending school he farmed with his father on the old Louis homestead.
On November 5, 1916, at Evangelical Protestant Church, he married Mrs. Von Bergen. They had one son, Charles, Jr. Mrs. Louis had three sons and four daughters from her previous marriage: Herbert, Erwin, and Otto Von Bergen, of Columbus; Mrs. June Tylle, Mrs. Lawrence Loseke, and Cora Von Bergen, of Columbus; and Hortense, Mrs. Fred Schweser, of Fremont.
Charles Louis continued to farm at the old home place until his retirement in 1942. He was always active in civic affairs in Columbus Township. He was the road overseer, township clerk, and township assessor for many years. He was a deacon, and was president of the Evangelical Protestant Church.
Charles J. Louis died April 26, 1943. His son, Charles, Jr., succeeded his father in the operation of the Louis farm on the Eighth Street Road.
George John Louis was born August 3, 1870, in Columbus, Nebraska. His parents were Jacob Louis, one of the founders of Columbus, and Katherine Engel Louis.
George J. Louis was educated in the Columbus public schools, and by occupation has always been a farmer and stock raiser. He lives in School District 9, Columbus Township.
On October 12, 1900, he was married in Columbus to Miss Isis Tripp, daughter of O. L. and Rachael G. Lee Tripp. Mr. and Mrs. Louis had ten children: Ruth, Mrs. Richard Bailey; George, born December 24, 1903; Katherine, Mrs. Harry Engel; Charles, born October 13, 1910, married to Margaret Leimser; Helen, Mrs. L. J. Brown, at Norfolk, Nebraska; Lucille, Mrs. Robert B. Rice; Jacob P., born June 17, 1915, married to Lucy Meinke; Richard, born April 18, 1916, married to Emma Zerha; Herbert, born November 2, 1918, married to Gertrude Svatora; and Edward, born September 8, 1908, who died January 4, 1933, in World War II,
Herbert served three years in the army, twenty-six months of which were spent in the European Theatre of Operations.
Mr. Louis was on the school board in District 9 for fifteen years. He is a member of the Farmer's Union. He attends the Evangelical Protestant Church in Columbus, and is a Republican.
Herbert Lee Louis was born November 2, 1918, on the George Louis farm five miles east of Columbus, Nebraska. His parents were George and Isis Tripp Louis; and his paternal grandparents were Jacob and Katherine Engel Louis, who were among the early pioneers of Platte County.
His father, George Louis, was born August 3, 1870, at his father's homestead east of Columbus. Isis Tripp Louis, daughter of O. L. and Rachael Lee Tripp, died October 16, 1928.
Herbert Louis had five brothers and four sisters: Ruth, Mrs. Dick Bailey, of Columbus; George, married to Ethel Rice; Katherine, Mrs. Harry Engel, of Columbus; Charles, married to Margaret Leimser; Helen, Mrs. LeRoy Brown, of Norfolk; Lucille, Mrs. Robert Rice, of Columbus; Jacob, of Columbus, married to Lucy Menke; Richard, of Columbus, married to Emma Zerha; and Edward, who died January 4, 1933.
Herbert Louis attended District School 9 and Kramer High School. He has worked on the farm, in an appliance and hardware store, and a grocery store. At present he is the owner of the Columbus Meat Market.
On November 10, 1937, he was married in Schuyler to Miss Gertrude Svatora, daughter of Anton Svatora. She has one brother, Theodore, who is married and lives in Fremont. Her mother died in July, 1948.
Herbert and Gertrude Svatora Louis have had one child, who was born in 1938 and died at the age of six months.
Mr. Louis attends the Evangelical Protestant Church, and is a member of the American Legion and the Junior Chamber of Commerce. He served in World War II from May 11, 1943, to December 10, 1945, and was stationed at Fort Warren, Colorado; Shenango, Pennsylvania; and in England, Northern Ireland, France, Germany, Belgium, Holland and Austria. He was attached to a trucking company, and during his time of service received five campaign stars.
Herbert Louis has always been interested in baseball, and for several years has been on the local softball and baseball teams.
Jacob Louis was born March 8, 1878, on a farm east of Columbus, and died April 5, 1946. His parents were Jacob J. and Katherine Engel Louis. Jacob, Jr. had three brothers and two sisters: George, who lives on a farm four miles east of Columbus; Katherine, Mrs. William Stevenson, died in December, 1948; Charles
© 2005 for the NEGenWeb Project by Ted & Carole Miller