Genealogy and Local History
Return to home page
He commenced the practice of his profession at Wadhams Mills. At the beginning of the war he was practicing at Keeseville. He entered the service as assistant surgeon of the 77th N.Y. Volunteers and was promoted to surgeon, and acted as medical inspector of the 6th corps, with which he served to the end of the war, and at the close, wrote the work entitled "Three Years in the Sixth Corps."
He settled in Albany after the war and was elected Professor of Physiology and of Diseases of the Eye and Ear in the Albany Medical College, and ophthalmic surgeon in the Albany Hospital.
In 1880 he removed to New York, and he is now one of the leading specialists of that city.