THE MORGAN IRON MINE
By Capt. Franklin Ellis248
This mine is located on the Arthur McArthur farm, two miles east of Ancram Lead Mines. It was first discovered by Livingston about 1776, but was not worked until within the last twenty-five years. It is a small mine, and rather difficult to work, and has been lying idle since 1876. Its capacity was rated at seven thousand tons per annum, and the ore contained over forty-three per cent of metallic iron. George Williams, of Amenia, is the present owner of the lease.