By Capt. Franklin Ellis322
The Malden Bridge Methodist Episcopal church was legally organized Feb. 22 1834, at a meeting over which Rev. Thomas Newman presided as moderator, and which selected the following trustees: James B. Van Valkenburgh, Josephus Johnson, Seth Daley, Levi Pitts, and Waterman Lippitt.
A chapel was erected on W. Lippitt's land in 1835, which, in 1870, was reconstructed, and is now worth four thousand dollars. The present trustees are Thomas E. Lee, M. H. Haywood, S. H. Rifenburgh, Isaac M. Pitts, and Robert Hoes. The church has always been connected with the one at Chatham as a circuit, and the succession of pastors is given in a sketch of that church.
These Beautiful Graphics Designed by: