THE MASONIC BUILDING COMPANY
OF CHATHAM VILLAGE
By Capt. Franklin Ellis315
The Masonic Building Company of Chatham Village was organized Oct. 7, 1872, with the following trustees: E. M. Thomas, John W. Boright, John B. Traver, Wright H. Barnes, C. M. Burrows, Abram Ashley, Jr., John Cadman, and H. W. McClellan. The capital stock was fixed at fifteen thousand dollars, in shares of twenty-five dollars each. H. W. McClellan and Isaac Son were appointed a building committee, and the following year, 1873, a very fine brick block, fifty by sixty-eight feet, and three stories high, was erected in the central part of the village, at a cost of eighteen thousand dollars. The two lower stories are occupied by stores and offices, and the entire upper floor as a Masonic hall. The present officers of the company are: President, George L. Morris; Vice-President, Jared Best; Secretary, Charles H. Bell; and Treasurer, Charles M. Burrows.
These Beautiful Graphics Designed by: