RIDER'S MILLS SETTLEMENT
By Capt. Franklin Ellis307
Three miles northwest from Rayville, near the northern line of the county, on Kinderhook creek, is the Rider's Mills Settlement. It was known, about 1800, as Mosher's Mills, and is spoken of by Spafford, in 1813, as a very busy place. Subsequently Jonathan Rider became the mill owner, and until ten years ago the place had some importance. With the destruction of he mills other interest passed away, and now but very little remains to indicate its former prosperity. There are a small store, a post-office, and a few mechanic shops.
These Beautiful Graphics Designed by: