By Capt. Franklin Ellis331
The St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church of Malden Bridge was incorporated Oct. 10, 1871, with the bishop, vicar-general, John J. Brennan, Thomas Russell, and Peter Dunn, trustees. A neat meeting-house was erected in the southern part of the hamlet, in which mission services have since been held by Father J. J. Brennan, of the New Lebanon parish.
Missionary services are also held at Chatham village and Malden Bridge by the Protestant Episcopal church. At the former place the services were first held Feb. 3, 1873, by the Rev. James H. Smith. The communicants at present number eighteen at Chatham village, and eight at Malden Bridge, and are under the ministerial care of the Rev. Joseph Hooper, rector of the New Lebanon parish.
These Beautiful Graphics Designed by: