By Captain Franklin Ellis27
Martindale, in the eastern part of the town, is a station on the Harlem railroad. It received its name from a Mr. Martin, who was a large land-owner in this locality. It contains a church, two stores, and a dozen houses. A post-office was established here on the turnpike about 1849, with Martin Ham postmaster. He had also the first store. R. Morton, R. Ham, Anthony C. Michael, Wm. Haywood, Abram Martin, and Allen Poucher have since been postmasters.
The mill west from here was erected by Agrippa Martin about 1800. It is now known as the John Miller mill.