THE CLARKSON EPISCOPAL CHAPEL
By Capt. Franklin Ellis290
The Clarkson Episcopal Chapel in the western part of the town, was erected about 1860, through the munificence of Mrs. L. Clarkson, who also supports the service of the church, from the parish of Red Hook, as a preaching station of that point. The chapel does not have a regular organization.
In the northwestern part of the town, just across the line, is the Germantown Lutheran church, whose parsonage and cemeteries are in the town of Clermont. A history of that church and the St. John's Lutheran church in Livingston will contain a large portion of the religious interest of Clermont.
These Lovely Graphics Designed by:
The Separator Bars Designed by: