[Jewish Congregation of Hudson]
COLUMBIA COUNTY, NEW YORK
By Captain Franklin Ellis145
This congregation was incorporated May 21, 1868. Their synagogue, a brick edifice located on Diamond street, between Fifth and Sixth streets, was built in 1870, at a cost of $8000, and has seating capacity for about one hundred and twenty-five persons.
The present officers of the congregation are: President, Julius Solomon, Vice-President, Joseph Segall, Secretary, Nathan Dosenheim; Treasurer, Mary Sylvester; Trustees, M. Harris, G. Greenthal.
The congregation now numbers about twenty members. Their last leader was the Rev. Isaac Rosenthal.