THE HUDSON CITY SAVINGS INSTITUTION
COLUMBIA COUNTY, NEW YORK
By Captain Franklin Ellis129
The Hudson City Savings Institution was chartered April 4, 1850.
The first board of trustees was composed as follows: Darius Peck, president; Peter S. Wynkoop, Henry J. Baringer, vice-presidents; William Bryan, Abijah P. Cook, George H. Power, Samuel T. Du Bois, John E. Gillette, William B. Skinner, Edmond Holley, James Clark, Jacob W. Hoysradt, and Josiah W. Fairfield. There have been no changes made in this board of officers.
The institution pays five per cent interest on sums of five dollars or more when left on deposit for at least two months.
The deposits amount to about $1,000,000.
The banks is located at No. 98 Warren Street, in a building erected and owned by the institution.