THE AFRICAN BETHEL METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH OF KINDERHOOK VILLAGE
COLUMBIA COUNTY, NEW YORK
By Capt. Franklin Ellis67
The African Bethel Methodist Episcopal Church of Kinderhook Village was organized in 1855, and in 1858 a legal organization was effected by electing John H. Smith, Ephraim J. Simpson, Peter Burgert trustees, under the church laws of the State. The first pastor was Rev. Lewis L. Lewis, and there were sixteen members. At present the number is seventy, and the pastor is Rev. D. K. Jackson. The Sabbath-school has forty members, superintended by George Post. The chapel owned by the society has sittings for one hundred and fifty persons, and has an estimated value of one thousand dollars.
The Buttons and Bars supplied by:
Bulls Buttons & Bars