THE NIVERVILLE METHODIST
COLUMBIA COUNTY, NEW YORK
By Capt. Franklin Ellis72
The Niverville Methodist Episcopal church and society was organized in September, 1877, with Trustees Lucas Vandenburgh, John Raeder, Bradley Nichols, J. D. Reynolds, and R. H. Reynolds.
A very neat chapel was built by the society, and dedicated Nov. 29, 1877, by the Rev. F. Widmer, of Rome. It can accommodate one hundred and eighty persons, and cost two thousand two hundred and fifty dollars.
Before the formal organization of this church preaching was held her at the school-house, in connection with the charges at Valatie and North Chatham. It is at present served with the latter place, and the Rev. J. G. Fallon is the pastor of the fifty members composing the church.
Hiram Shufelt superintends a Sunday-school having seventy-five members.
The Buttons and Bars supplied by:
Bulls Buttons & Bars