THE VALATIE METHODIST
COLUMBIA COUNTY, NEW YORK
By Capt. Franklin Ellis70
The Valatie Methodist Episcopal Church was incorporated March 9, 1835, having as trustees John Penoyer, Stephen Moorehouse, David Lant, Francis Schermerhorn, John B. Steeves, Joseph Lawrence, and William M. Wilcox. A meeting-house erected in 1844, has been remodeled, and has sittings for two hundred and forty persons; it is worth five thousand dollars, and the parsonage adjoining two thousand dollars. The present trustees are Peter P. Van Slyck, Isaac Miller, Thomas Mesick, Lucas Shaver, and J. W. Merwin. The church has ninety-eight members, under the pastoral care of the Rev. C. A. S. Heath. Other pastors of the church have been Elijah Crawford, J. N. Schaffer, P. R. Stover, R. T. Wade, C. C. Bedell, A. A. Farr, J. W. Belknap, William Clark, J. W. Quinlan, M. D. Jump, and J. C. Fenton.
A good Sunday-school , having one hundred members, is in charge of the pastor.
The Buttons and Bars supplied by:
Bulls Buttons & Bars