By Captain Franklin Ellis411
Bingham's Mills is a manufacturing village on the Roeloff Jansen, about a mile southwest of the Blue Store. It contains a good grist-mill and two paper-mills, whose history is elsewhere noted. A Union chapel was built at this place in 1857, in which are held the services of the Lutheran and Reformed churches, and a Sunday-school, having C. E. Bingham as superintendent.
The building is a plain frame, and will seat two hundred persons. The place has also the usual shops and two stores. The oldest of these was first kept by Van Deusen & Reed, about 1830. Later merchants were S. Ten Broeck, John Weaver, and Philip L. Lynk, the present occupant. A new store was opened near the mills in the spring of 1878, by Bingham & Story. The village has one hundred and twenty-five inhabitants.