The Methodist Episcopal
By Captain Franklin Ellis420
The Methodist Episcopal Chapel at Glenco Mills was erected in 1869 by Isaac Shaurman, for the Methodist society of West Taghkanic. It is a neat little frame chapel, with one hundred and fifty sittings, and cost $2500. The trustees elected, Sept. 20, 1869, to assume the care of this property were Ira Williams, Norman Niver, John H. Schermerhorn, Jonas W. Rockefeller, Solomon Avery, R. A. Roarbeck, Simeon Decker, Samuel L. Myers, and Abram M. Myers.
The Methodist class at Glenco Mills is yet united with the West Taghkanic church, having religious services in connection with that body.
A Sunday-school has been maintained at the place since 1850, and at present numbers sixty members. Ira Williams and Norman Niver have been the superintendents.