Two UnNamed Grounds, Webatuck and Dover, Dutchess, NY

Transcribed by Holice B. Young

nyLHN2.gif

bar.gif (3132 bytes)

UnNamed Ground, Webatuck


CLASSIFICATION: Family ground.
LOCATION: One mile east of Webatuck, in a field on the south side of the road.
CONDITION: Overgrown and deserted.
INSCRIPTIONS: 7 in number. Copied August 30, 1914, by J. W. Poucher, M. D. It is uncertain what family this belonged to. Of the 7 stones, 3 bear the name of Carr, 2 of Seaman, 1 of Carpenter, 1 of Tallman.

Carpenter, Isiah, s. of Barnard & Alse d. 1761, Aug. (-), a. 9 m
Carr, Anna, w. of Thomas d. 1836, Apr. 1, a. 49 y
Carr, Hiram, s. of Thomas & Anna d. 1851, Feb. 23, a. 37-5-11
Carr, Thomas d. 1859, Sep. 20, a. 96-11-8
Seaman, Abraham d. 1839, Oct. 6, a. 75-1-0-4
Seaman, Lucinda, w. of Abraham d. 1838, May 7, a. 74 y. 27 d
Tallman, Ann Ritty, dau. of Charles E., & Ann Maria d. 1852, Feb. 20, a. 1 m. 13 d

Unnamed Ground

CLASSIFICATION: Private ground.
LOCATION: In Dover Plains village, near Plymouth Inn.
CONDITION: Uncared for.
INSCRIPTIONS: 10 in number. Copied in August , 1913, by J. W. Poucher, M. D. Accurate particulars about this ground have not been obtained. It is said to have belonged to the Baptist Church and that many stones have been removed from it.

De Forest, Emeline, dau. of James G. & Dorcas b. 1854, June 20, d. 1876, Jan. 6
De Forest, James G. b. 1817, Dec. 6, d. 1877, July 14
De Forest, John b. 1811, Nov. 24, d. 1873, Feb. 18
De Forest, Joseph d. 1855, Mar. 31, a. 76 y
De Forest, Leah, w. of Joseph d. 1851, May 1, a. 67 y
De Forest, Lincoln, s. of James G. & Leah d. 1882, July 19, a. 23 y
Hustis, William J. d. 1876, Sep. 30 a. 28 y
Tabor, Jane Ann, dau. of John & Jane b. 1811, Apr. 4, d. 1852, June 13
Tabor, John b. 1778, July 13, d. 1852, Jan. 26
Tabor, Maria b. 1817, Mar. 30, d. 1853, Nov. 16

bar.gif (3132 bytes)

Transcribed by Holice B. Young

HTML by Debbie

Copyright Dutchess, LHN October 7, 1999

[Dutchess Cemeteries][Dutchess County LHN][NY Page]

You are the 3894th Visitor to this USGenNet Safe-Site™ Since March 9, 2001. 

58,000 visitors prior to installation of this counter.