The first Catholic Church property in Buffalo was conveyed by Louis LeCoulteux to Bishop Dubois for the purposes of a church, priesthouse and cemetery, at the corner of Main and Edward Streets. Two or three interments were made in this plot when the Catholics were allotted a portion of the city cemetery on the site of the present City Hall. In the year 1832 the dreaded cholera scourge broke out in Buffalo, and further burials in the City Hall Cemetery were prohibited. The city purchased a large tract of land in East North Street the site of the present regimental armory and the Masten Park High School, in 1832, and set apart a portion for the Catholic burial ground. This plot was conveyed to Bishop Dubois by the City of Buffalo, and was consecrated by Bishop Timon August 15, 1849. This cemetery plot was small, and in 1853 Bishop Timon bought a large tract at Limestone Hill, the present Holy Cross Cemetery.
In the winter of 1859 the United German and French Roman Catholic Cemetery Association was organized with nine trustees and they purchased land at Pine Hill, which they still conduct for a Catholic Cemetery.
In 1910 Rev. Francis F. Kelly of North Tonawanda purchased fifty acres in Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, near the Tonawanda City Line for a cemetery. He purchased twenty-four acres additional in 1923. It is situated in a favorable locality and Buffalo Catholics are turning to Mount Olivet in preference to older cemeteries.
Rev. Thomas Donohue, D.D., History of the Diocese of Buffalo (Buffalo, New York: The Buffalo Catholic Publication Co., Inc., 1929), p. 391.